Yingluck again opposes Supha to head inquiry of mismanagement of major flooding in 2014

webfact

5 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

ha, they flooded bangkok on purpose to make her look bad and now they are going to claim it was her miss management that caused it. she is better leaving off thailand.  the yellows are in power and even with elections that is not going to change.

What are you talking about - this is mismanagement of the funds. Like when her crooked boss and brother went to Korea and suddenly a Korean company he visited, and was made very welcome, was going to be awarded a very big contract apparently with the sparsest of tenders and without any EIA. That sort of thing.

Her dopey cousin, who impressed us all so much as the foreign minister, is trying to blame Abhisit. What a bad joke that crooked family is.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Seems as how it is impossible to blame God Yingluck is the next best thing. Here we are 2 years later and not much as changed. Thailand should have built catch basins all over the place to preserve what the heavens unleash. Like I said she should have been smart enough to move all  her assets off shore because if they are here be ready to be fleeced. 

She allowed one of "her" ministers to take action that protected the interests of large landowners in getting in the harvest, against all professional advice. She promised people they wouldn't be flooded knowing they would be deliberately flooded to protect the areas of Bangkok deemed to important to flood. She allowed the BMA to act as they wished. She promised people relief and the people had to protest to finally get it. 

It also seems that once again tax payers money has disappeared and can't be accounted for, a characteristic of her regime.

Of course the Shin fan boys try and deflect by saying she can't control the weather. Of course she can't - but her ineffective management of the problem, failure to control actions and lack of financial accountability can and should be questioned.

Oh, if only their Amnesty Bill had been sneaked through, big brother was back and everything could be just swept under the carpet while the trough was kept flowing!

5 hours ago, halloween said:

In this case the charge is not negligence/incompetence, it is corruption.

" Former prime minister Ms Yingluck Shinawatra today petitioned the chairman of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) voicing her strong opposition to the appointment of Ms Supha Piyajitti to head inquiry of the mismanagement of flood prevention funds which she was indicted of malfeasance and corruption. "  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-opposes-supha-head-inquiry-mismanagement-major-flooding-2014/

Is this the same Supha who tried to warn of irregularities in the rice scheme financials? Who tried to bring the corruption to Yingluck's attention?

The same lady who Yingluck transferred, cast aspersions on and set Tharit to threaten and intimidate her?

No wonder she might be a tad antagonistic - but doesn't appear she can be bribed or intimidated so clearly not to Yingluck's liking. She might do an honest job and really upset the apple cart.

33 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

What are you talking about - this is mismanagement of the funds. Like when her crooked boss and brother went to Korea and suddenly a Korean company he visited, and was made very welcome, was going to be awarded a very big contract apparently with the sparsest of tenders and without any EIA. That sort of thing.

Her dopey cousin, who impressed us all so much as the foreign minister, is trying to blame Abhisit. What a bad joke that crooked family is.

What ever did happen to those pumps Thaksin was sending from Korea?

why is everyone talking about her being blamed for the floods?? She is getting blamed for "It held former prime minister Yingluck responsible for malfeasance, corruption in spending the flood management funds."

It;s what she did and didn't do during and after the floods that she is being charged with.

Stick to the facts!!!

Can we be perfectly clear here, that the subject is corruption and malfeasance of flood management funds, not the flood itself. However, for those who didn't get past the misleading headline, the BP has an interesting article today. It concerns the release of water from the Chao Praya dam causing flooding in low lying areas in preparation for the huge body of water currently moving downstream.

Which is EXACTLY what PTP failed to do in 2011, thus removing the flood mitigating value of the major dam, and exacerbating the damage caused by the ensuing flooding. IMHO failing to utilise all possible measures to mitigate flood damage for some perceived benefit is not incompetence, it is criminal neglect.

4 hours ago, tbthailand said:

so did I just forget about the floods that happened before May 22nd 2014?? I don't remember Suthep & co floating around BKK in paddle-boats.... 

or are they seriously going after Yingluck for the flooding at the end of 2014?

You didn't bother reading the OP, did you?

18 hours ago, halloween said:

What ever did happen to those pumps Thaksin was sending from Korea?

actually I did, and now again. 

And you are right pumpkinhead, there is actually one place where the OP mentions flood management funds.  And in every other instance, they just say flood management or prevention and forget to mention that it is not about the active engagement in a flood or threat of a flood.... 

Thanks for helping me on that one. Now I can see that it is yet another political hack job by our current, self-appointed government against the main players in the last government chosen by the people.   Just another vindictive political fight in Thailand... surprise. 

4 hours ago, tbthailand said:

actually I did, and now again. 

And you are right pumpkinhead, there is actually one place where the OP mentions flood management funds.  And in every other instance, they just say flood management or prevention and forget to mention that it is not about the active engagement in a flood or threat of a flood.... 

Thanks for helping me on that one. Now I can see that it is yet another political hack job by our current, self-appointed government against the main players in the last government chosen by the people.   Just another vindictive political fight in Thailand... surprise. 

And now you and the other Shinawatra sycophants can stop claiming that she hasn't been charged with corruption because there's no evidence.

BTW the funds being investigate are B250 billion. Shouldn't be too hard to find some of that has gone astray.

2 hours ago, halloween said:

And now you and the other Shinawatra sycophants can stop claiming that she hasn't been charged with corruption because there's no evidence.

BTW the funds being investigate are B250 billion. Shouldn't be too hard to find some of that has gone astray.

you are completely laughable. 

you do know about Thailand and corruption, right?

and you do know about political vengeance, right?

And you know that Supa is a junta lackey who hates the Shinawatra family, right?

Looks like the candle has gone out inside the gourd.... :whistling:

38 minutes ago, tbthailand said:

you are completely laughable. 

you do know about Thailand and corruption, right?

and you do know about political vengeance, right?

And you know that Supa is a junta lackey who hates the Shinawatra family, right?

Looks like the candle has gone out inside the gourd.... :whistling:

A member of the anti-corruption commission that hates the Shinawatras - singularly appropriate IMHO. Supa shone a light on their waste and corruption at no small risk to herself, I hold her in much higher regard than those willing to bought off or turn a blind eye.

9 hours ago, halloween said:

A member of the anti-corruption commission that hates the Shinawatras - singularly appropriate IMHO. Supa shone a light on their waste and corruption at no small risk to herself, I hold her in much higher regard than those willing to bought off or turn a blind eye.

well no surprise there....  but you are literally a joke when it comes to anything that resembles due process, justice, or lord-forbid, democracy. 

Ms Supa was junta attack dog in 2007 and she is a junta attack dog now.  If she is taking no risks to herself now nor did she in the past. 

Your obsessions seem rather selective. Now if Supa were to apply the same energy to investigating corruption park or any of the many wrong-doings of this set of clowns, now in that case, she would be taking no small risk... but rather than doing that, she is quite in fact turning a blind eye...  as are you. 

3 hours ago, tbthailand said:

well no surprise there....  but you are literally a joke when it comes to anything that resembles due process, justice, or lord-forbid, democracy. 

Ms Supa was junta attack dog in 2007 and she is a junta attack dog now.  If she is taking no risks to herself now nor did she in the past. 

Your obsessions seem rather selective. Now if Supa were to apply the same energy to investigating corruption park or any of the many wrong-doings of this set of clowns, now in that case, she would be taking no small risk... but rather than doing that, she is quite in fact turning a blind eye...  as are you. 

Supa was a deputy permanent secretary of the finance department, quite a high ranking public servant, and well positioned to observe the corruption and lies of the PTP government. It is the duty of public servants to speak out when they observe corruption, or when the PM or ministers are lying to the public about the extent of losses under their policies - failure to do so can result in charges like those more compliant now face.

Do you have an proof that she obtained that position by other than usual progression? If not, how then does she become a "junta attack dog" in 2007?

As usual your whine is "don't look at our criminals" because they were elected, trying to obfuscate crime under a cloak of democratic respectability.

12 hours ago, halloween said:

Supa was a deputy permanent secretary of the finance department, quite a high ranking public servant, and well positioned to observe the corruption and lies of the PTP government. It is the duty of public servants to speak out when they observe corruption, or when the PM or ministers are lying to the public about the extent of losses under their policies - failure to do so can result in charges like those more compliant now face.

Do you have an proof that she obtained that position by other than usual progression? If not, how then does she become a "junta attack dog" in 2007?

As usual your whine is "don't look at our criminals" because they were elected, trying to obfuscate crime under a cloak of democratic respectability.

As usual your whine is

as usual you are clueless and making up things that I did not say... It is normal operating procedure for you ....

Look up Supa and see that she was an attack dog for the 2007 junta the same as she is today (you might have noticed that the topic of the OP is basically about her being an attack dog ... but then the NACC is a pack of attack dogs, ... that is its purpose.)

And you just continue to turn a blind eye to the junta's corruption ... as does the NACC. Did you not notice how they gave the military a clean bill of health on corruption park??? 

The point that you and a bunch of others don't get is that corruption exists independent of the form of government. Under a democratic government, at least there is a chance to address it. Under a military government, the people have no chance. Only the cronies in the junta are allowed to pursue "corruption" and while they may sometimes actually nail someone for corruption, although most of the time in Thailand, they seem to just make sh!t up, the goal is political vengence, oppression, and suppression. 

Your obvious boot licking of the junta, which is oppressing the Thai people, is pathetic. 

1 hour ago, tbthailand said:

As usual your whine is

as usual you are clueless and making up things that I did not say... It is normal operating procedure for you ....

Look up Supa and see that she was an attack dog for the 2007 junta the same as she is today (you might have noticed that the topic of the OP is basically about her being an attack dog ... but then the NACC is a pack of attack dogs, ... that is its purpose.)

And you just continue to turn a blind eye to the junta's corruption ... as does the NACC. Did you not notice how they gave the military a clean bill of health on corruption park??? 

The point that you and a bunch of others don't get is that corruption exists independent of the form of government. Under a democratic government, at least there is a chance to address it. Under a military government, the people have no chance. Only the cronies in the junta are allowed to pursue "corruption" and while they may sometimes actually nail someone for corruption, although most of the time in Thailand, they seem to just make sh!t up, the goal is political vengence, oppression, and suppression. 

Your obvious boot licking of the junta, which is oppressing the Thai people, is pathetic. 

So when you make a dubious claim, I should look it up? Why, because you can't substantiate your claim?

I find it interesting that you allege others turn a blind eye to corruption, while you insist that we should do so for those you support. If as you claim you are not whining about Yingluk's prosecution, why do you disparage the anti-corruption bodies rooting it out? Are you actually claiming PTP was corruption free, against all evidence to the contrary?

I make no claims that the junta re not corrupt, but they are far less than those they usurped.

18 hours ago, halloween said:

So when you make a dubious claim, I should look it up? Why, because you can't substantiate your claim?

I find it interesting that you allege others turn a blind eye to corruption, while you insist that we should do so for those you support. If as you claim you are not whining about Yingluk's prosecution, why do you disparage the anti-corruption bodies rooting it out? Are you actually claiming PTP was corruption free, against all evidence to the contrary?

I make no claims that the junta re not corrupt, but they are far less than those they usurped.

yawn, .... if that gourd were filled with seeds, that would be an improvement. 

First, you continue to make us sh!t that I never said. For the record, that makes you look stupid. I have NEVER insisted that we turn a blind eye to anyone's corruption although corruption is much more easily uncovered and prosecuted in a free and open society. I have never said that I support Yingluck, either - I do prefer her (or Mark for that matter) to any self-appointed military "PM"/clown, but that is because I believe in the sovereignty of the Thai people.

The NACC is not actually an anti-corruption body. It is a blunt instrument in the hands of a military government ... it's purpose is to purge all opposition. 

Not a surprise that you don't recognize it for what it is.

Finally, the fact that Supa was pawn of the 2007 junta is not a dubious claim, it is an easily verifiable fact, and your attempt to claim otherwise is just a nonsensical diversion. 

Now run along and find a general to hug, ... there are thousands of them in Thailand... :coffee1:

11 minutes ago, tbthailand said:

yawn, .... if that gourd were filled with seeds, that would be an improvement. 

First, you continue to make us sh!t that I never said. For the record, that makes you look stupid. I have NEVER insisted that we turn a blind eye to anyone's corruption although corruption is much more easily uncovered and prosecuted in a free and open society. I have never said that I support Yingluck, either - I do prefer her (or Mark for that matter) to any self-appointed military "PM"/clown, but that is because I believe in the sovereignty of the Thai people.

The NACC is not actually an anti-corruption body. It is a blunt instrument in the hands of a military government ... it's purpose is to purge all opposition. 

Not a surprise that you don't recognize it for what it is.

Finally, the fact that Supa was pawn of the 2007 junta is not a dubious claim, it is an easily verifiable fact, and your attempt to claim otherwise is just a nonsensical diversion. 

Now run along and find a general to hug, ... there are thousands of them in Thailand... :coffee1:

Easily verified facts are easily verified. Waiting...........

On 9/23/2016 at 11:42 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

bangkok is mostly yellow supporters. please note i was talking about the 2010 floods.

goes to show how uniformed you are, Bangkok is not mostly yellow, during Thaksin and Yinglucks term, that had almost 49% of the vote from Bangkok voters.

42 minutes ago, mike324 said:

goes to show how uniformed you are, Bangkok is not mostly yellow, during Thaksin and Yinglucks term, that had almost 49% of the vote from Bangkok voters.

would be interesting to know the % of reds and yellows in the country. if bangkok is half red, and most of the countryside is red there cant be many yellows. guess thats why they can only get into power with coups.

5 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

would be interesting to know the % of reds and yellows in the country. if bangkok is half red, and most of the countryside is red there cant be many yellows. guess thats why they can only get into power with coups.

As if there are only 2 choices. Are you American?

7 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

Well the previous election result speaks for themselves. That is the problem with Thai Democracy, even though a party is performing very badly, it can still win back to back elections for a decade. In a real democracy, the citizens would think and not hesitate to support the opposing party, as can be seen in recent elections in Taiwan and South Korea to name a few nearby examples. On top of that, a real democracy will come when citizens actually know the difference between no corruption and a little bit of corruption is ok, but that comes with education, we won't see any real change in another 10-20 years to say the least.

Edited by mike324

11 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Well the previous election result speaks for themselves. That is the problem with Thai Democracy, even though a party is performing very badly, it can still win back to back elections for a decade. In a real democracy, the citizens would think and not hesitate to support the opposing party, as can be seen in recent elections in Taiwan and South Korea to name a few nearby examples. On top of that, a real democracy will come when citizens actually know the difference between no corruption and a little bit of corruption is ok, but that comes with education, we won't see any real change in another 10-20 years to say the least.

would seem after 80 years of coups we will not see a change in the next 80 years. made me laugh listening to the general talking about the  2006 coup and how it how it was about getting rid of corruption. i have to say the army really seems to have everything buttoned up tight this time. we may not even see a real change of government in the next 20 years.