Pattaya Hell’s Angels Attack – The other side to the story

rooster59

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Thais and their idea of sovereignty! Parking spaces are zealously guarded.  My new car was scratched down the full length of its near-side because some Thai deems the public road in front of his establishment belongs to him.  Of course no one saw anything and it served the farang right for being able to afford a new car.

One would hope you returned the serve with some brake fluid all over his car ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, alofthailand said:

Yes it would be wonderful if Thailand was the same as the UK and all Thai were the same as the British! ' Queens Highway- pathetic!

Well.. they do have a Queen here.

I wonder how long you were in Thailand before you joined TV 4 months ago....

I also had the experience of having my BMW keyed the entire length of the car for parking in the "wrong" place. It was not an area reserved for win motocy, just an open spot on Soi Buakhao several years ago when it was a much quieter soi than now.

And yes, the issue of "restricting" public access to public roads is actually a huge issue.

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

"Doubtful any progress will be made in court" , 

yes I doubt that too, you must remember your dealing with an outlaw bike gang with links all over the World though.

This particular group or gang also has Thai members along with Indinesia, Singapore,Cambodia.

Personally I wouldnt want to be those Thais, not even for a million baht compensation.

The younger Thais unfornately have this idea that all farang are fat and weak.

No doubt the members of the "Hells Angels" will get their monies worth in the long run. If the Thai guy who is to receive the compensation has half a brain, he will tell them he doesn't want it and do that thing were they get on the ground and apologies ! No guarantee they will accept it, but worth a try to keep face, or his face if you like.

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

In the U.K. Any obstruction of the Queen's highway, which extends across the whole of the foot ways and the road between them is an offence. There is no implied right to park or set up shop in this space which is what keeps pavements and gateways clear and parking sensible. Adoption of this practice in Thailand and practical enforcement would solve most traffic problems in cities overnight. Chances of it happening, zero!

At the end of the day, we are all visitors here, whether we like it or not, the Thai system of doing things is the Thai system for doing things, we are only visitors here, and if we don't like it, we are welcome to leave.

Can't say I agree with their systems and there is a hell of a lot of room for improvements, but do they actually understand change is for the better, or want change for the better, if not broken, no fix it :)

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I got a flat tire due to the same reason.  I had no idea it was a "protected" space. 

Had the same thing happen in HH last year by a taxi driver, when i parked in a vacant spot in the main street for a couple of minutes..!!! 

17 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Thais are adept at 'keying' vehicles: firmly dragging a key along the exterior of a vehicle.  They do it to motorbike seats also, though usually with a sharper object.  I've had it happen a half dozen times in Thailand, when parked legally.  The worst was when the left front wheel came off my p.u. truck.  Luckily I was driving slowly, and no-one or property was hurt.  I then noticed lug nuts in the back of my p.u., and recalled that I had parked for 11 minutes near (but not among) a tuk tuk hang-out.  I was probably 50 meters from where tuk tuk's line up, but that was apparently too close for one of them.  Of course, no words were exchanged before or after the incident.  Easier to just vandalize a vehicle, and not bother asking a farang to move.   It's lucky I wasn't driving 70 km/hr on a busy hwy when the wheel came off.

A___ holes...

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Hells Angels,are going to  sue for damage ,well that must

be a first,anywhere.

regards worgeordie

Nah, they're always suing in America, they've sued for the rights of their intellectual property, they've sued a yoyo manufacturer, Hollywood, Disney, Marvel Comics, they even sued a teenage girl who was making hand sewn patches and selling them on eBay. They've sued for defamation loads of times for being labeled as criminals and have even sued people for assaulting them, they are officially a bunch of ninnies.

22 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

To be honest I think there must still be something missing, when do a group of men smash up someones car for parking in front of their shop?  It is a ridiculous over reaction that I do not find credible, there must of been more go on, perhaps one of the bikers threatened one of them or pushed them out of the way or something, I think there must of been a greater provocation than merely ignoring their pleas not to park there.

The attack on the truck seems to have been pretty savage for a simple 'don't park here' demand that was ignored - so you may be right about the driver getting out of the truck and making a rude gesture/remark or pushing out of the way the person trying to stop him parking.

But that is no excuse for attacking the truck -- in the same way as there is no excuse for the bikers beating up the one guy who didn't get away quickly enough after the chase - when they belatedly realised there were a number of very large, aggressive men in the truck.

Edited by dick dasterdly

The only thing in this story that would be nice would be if the Thai press and TV who were so quick to blast these images all over television and newspapers, would either report the opposite side of the story in full or do some investigative journalism and see if the events prior were captured and publish those to give a balanced view .

Will that happen? Not a chance.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

The attack on the truck seems to have been pretty savage for a simple 'don't park here' demand that was ignored - so you may be right about the driver getting out of the truck and making a rude gesture/remark or pushing out of the way the person trying to stop him parking.

But that is no excuse for attacking the truck -- in the same way as there is no excuse for the bikers beating up the one guy who didn't get away quickly enough after the chase - when they belatedly realised there were a number of very large, aggressive men in the truck.

Absolutely, and I was not trying to defend anyone's actions in this whole incident, I just don't believe we have still heard the full and accurate story.

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Why not, their clubhouse is here.

You've obviously never known any real Hell's Angels.

I wonder if any old codger with a scooter can join?

What are the requirements to join the Pattaya Hell's Angels?

Edited by Johnniey

1 minute ago, Johnniey said:

You've obviously never known any real Hell's Angels.

You are correct, they are not the sort of people I seek out to be friends with.

Why are the ones in Pattaya who are members of the official chapter not real ?

3 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I can just imagine fat bald prospects hanging around their clubhouse :)

Before they got there clubhouse they used to hang out at the fat mexican bar which I drive past daily, Can't say I noticed any of them being fat and bald nor wearing a patch that said prospect.

Why do you have issue with fat bald people ?

Edited by Don Mega

1 hour ago, alofthailand said:

Yes it would be wonderful if Thailand was the same as the UK and all Thai were the same as the British! ' Queens Highway- pathetic!

Don't they have parking regulations, real police who actually enforce laws equitably, and people who consider others in the mickey mouse country you come from then?

Here we all know it's different. That doesn't mean better or not to be commented on.

How often to you see people using plastic chairs, conses or some such to block off a space they regard as "theirs"? Or hear of people complaining someone scratched their vehicle because they didn't like where it was parked? 

1 hour ago, alofthailand said:

As is your failure to understand the message you (think you) ridiculed :)

Edited by evadgib

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

"Doubtful any progress will be made in court" , 

yes I doubt that too, you must remember your dealing with an outlaw bike gang with links all over the World though.

This particular group or gang also has Thai members along with Indinesia, Singapore,Cambodia.

Personally I wouldnt want to be those Thais, not even for a million baht compensation.

The younger Thais unfornately have this idea that all farang are fat and weak.

Doesn't matter how scary you look, a bullet in the head is a bullet in the head.

I think the bikers are the ones that should hope their cash puts an end to this.

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Before they got there clubhouse they used to hang out at the fat mexican bar which I drive past daily, Can't say I noticed any of them being fat and bald nor wearing a patch that said prospect.

Why do you have issue with fat bald people ?

I don't, apart from the ones that hang out in brothels, giving all of us foreigners a bad reputation.

The Angel's I've known operated prostitution and drug rings. To try to do a similar thing on Thai turf would be suicide. Only a stupid Angel would try.