Someone Messed Arround In Google Earth

h90

Have a look at Koh Phangan, at the closest point to Koh Samui. There you can see something is wrong.

When you than go arround the island you see that the complete thing is modified. Like the just make the area blue and put an incomplete picture of Koh Phangan in it.

Looks very strange.

It's just a higher resolution image from a different bird, taken using different optical methods.

And therefore the sea starts in the middle of the house?

considering the differences in resolutions between the cameras of the DigitalGlobe and TerraMetrics birds, the accuracy is something like 1M per pixel up to what, 5M per pixel ?

Yes, i'd expect some "oddities" tbh.

Are we talking about the same place?

Have a look at Koh Phangan, at the closest point to Koh Samui. There you can see something is wrong.

When you than go arround the island you see that the complete thing is modified. Like the just make the area blue and put an incomplete picture of Koh Phangan in it.

Looks very strange.

You're right:

I'm also 100% sure that the image has changed in the past 2 or 3 weeks as I saw a complete picture of the southern end of the island just recently.

It means that Google Earth has changed the layers for some reason I'm not sure of.

Let's hope it will be clear again in the future.

If I have more time today/2morrow I can send a message to GE.

Cheers

ps: It's a pity that most of Samui is unclear whilsts Phangan is very clear.

Reason? :D:o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Looks very strange.

You're right:

I'm also 100% sure that the image has changed in the past 2 or 3 weeks as I saw a complete picture of the southern end of the island just recently.

It means that Google Earth has changed the layers for some reason I'm not sure of.

Let's hope it will be clear again in the future.

If I have more time today/2morrow I can send a message to GE.

Cheers

ps: It's a pity that most of Samui is unclear whilsts Phangan is very clear.

Reason? :D:o

LaoPo

yes exact: http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=9.674471&am...r=0&src=ggl the link for phazey.

But all arround the island there things like that, small islands which are half eaten by the sea.

With the others online maps it seems to be OK but they are so slow that I am not finish checking it.