How Can I Share A Large File With Family

opalhort

The latest (and also nearly all the previous versions) of ACDsee have very good batch processing capabilities. It's in the tools menu.

I tried fastone, and although it may be good enough for the casual user, anyone who's interested in tweaking or processing their pics should stay clear of it. It lacks a lot of very fundamental features important to photographers.

To avoid problems in the future, most modern DVD players are jpeg compliant, so if you just get your pics put on cd as normal jpegs they will play like a slideshow on most dvd players without the need to make a slideshow in mpeg/vcd format.

I'd still recommend just burning them a cd. Then they can pop it in their DVD players and watch on a bigger screen without worrying about German language software, huge downloads or batch conversions. Don't make things more complicated than they need to be.

I'd still recommend just burning them a cd. Then they can pop it in their DVD players and watch on a bigger screen without worrying about German language software, huge downloads or batch conversions. Don't make things more complicated than they need to be.

You are absolutely correct. I have already given up on all the work involved getting the files to them via Internet/e-mail and have burned everything on CD to be mailed by snail mail.

Yes, I do like to make things more complicated than they need to be because I think we are living in a time of high technology, but obviously there are still many limitations.

Thanks for all the help.

opalhort

I do not know why I did not think of it earlier, but, next time you can use one of my sites. I will give you a login and password that you then pass on to your family or friends at the other end and they download at their location. Very simple process!