Aussie man dead in Bangkok condo - Thai boyfriend says "we argued before I left"

webfact

2 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Phakhin said that he had argued with his boyfriend before he left on the trip. Security had often been called in the past with noise coming from the apartment.

Wouldn't that be enough to see his boyfriend as the possible cause of death? RIP, you went way too early.

My condolences to his family and friends. 

No, it wouldn't be enough.  I argued with all of my wives and I've argued with my friends but I didn't kill any of them.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

why do people stay in abusive relationships? i was living with a bird in australia. one day she slapped me, i threw my stuff in my ute and was gone. second time i was living with a thai girl and she threatened to cut herself with a knife, she held it to her wrist. i left while she was asleep the same night. when things go bad leave. they are not going to get better. 

Quite right, just as bad news doesn't get better with time.

3 hours ago, elephant45 said:

Like many here, maybe he didn't have any friends back home....

I can relate to that as I have a lot of foreign friends here who have no close friends. I have 2 daughters at home but sometimes wonder if they know what friendship is. My g/f is my friend and confidant. Not much else. 

1 hour ago, Borzandy said:

Thank you for this post. Please could you make it clear for the readers. How it can be happened ? What have had you drink ? Or smoke ? Sorry for these questions, because most of us have (hopefully) never fell from balcony.

I think most of the drunk people on Thai Visa; fall out of bed every morning rush to read your posts.

1 hour ago, Borzandy said:

Thank you for this post. Please could you make it clear for the readers. How it can be happened ? What have had you drink ? Or smoke ? Sorry for these questions, because most of us have (hopefully) never fell from balcony.

You have to be Mistborn.

1 hour ago, elephant45 said:

Why do these forums always degenerate into attacks on others comments? No body knows anyone who is making these comments, and people are born and die every day. Some types of leaving the planet are so common/bizarre in Thailand that we have to add in a some humor with it, or we couldn't stand to live here. I also have a lot of empathy for so many lonely divorced guys who end up getting into things types of situations, that they ultimately regret.

Some peoples lives are sooooo boring they have to invent drama to spice up their own lives,makes them thing they are relevant somehow.

Death investigations (such as they are) seem irrationally obsessed with presence of prescription meds. Most older people take them. It doesn't mean they are the cause of death. In fact, not taking them may often be the cause of death. I also get a cultural bias, well this person was sick because he took meds, so, oh well, why waste effort. 

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Death investigations (such as they are) seem irrationally obsessed with presence of prescription meds. Most older people take them. It doesn't mean they are the cause of death. In fact, not taking them may often be the cause of death. I also get a cultural bias, well this person was sick because he took meds, so, oh well, why waste effort. 

It hardly seems "irrational" when Finding a body with no outward signs of trauma amongst a bunch of spilled pills that the pills may be involved in the cause of death...especially when the victim's boyfriend had just gone on a weekend tryst with a new lover.

A coroners exam and toxicology report will most likely support the initial suspicion of investigators in this case.

no doubt there are criminal thai girlfriends and boyfriends that have done or arranged terrible things for their non thai relationships and often yes its related to getting money. theres also a % of foreigners that abuse their thai partner for whatever reasons (alcoholism is one) comparable socio=economic status relationships at least can remove the money motive. i am told by upper level thai friends that a high % of gay thai males are upper society. gay foreigners would be better off hooking up with those people rather than risking themselves with lower level people.

Simple really so all you miss Marple types can do one your not needed.

Man and boyfriend have another row. Boyfriend throws a hiss fit and pops of to another boyfriend for a couple of days. Farang boyfriend finds out he's dipping his wick in another chocolate star fish. And takes one to many pills dies end of.

Edited by Deepinthailand

I am no Sherlock but i dont think he would have admitted to having an argument if he had something to do with the death.

Of course, some might play it the other way.. admit to having argument, thinking the admission might take suspicion off them.

Unlikely though since these types are not exactly the sharpest pencils in the pouch.