2 bedroom house for around 850000k max 30 min from city?

nikotin

Hi guys,

is it possible to get a small 2 bedroom house(detached) for around 850000k max 30 min from the city by bike?

Which areas should/could i look?

Anybody something to offer?

I looked up the internet,but not to many offers,so i guessed best to ride around myself,but where?

thx

regards

markus

as for Maerim forget it,unless you stumble across a Humpty,with toilet paper land title  deeds

up your ante by a mil, then  you are in the right in the ball park ,to find a nice comfortable  small 2 b/r mooban  place,with channote title deeds

its a Beautiful Maerimite Evening to all:)

Go and look around inside banks and you will find plenty of pictures and lists of property they have repossessed from Thai mortgage defaulters, of which there are many.

They usually have quite a few at knocked down prices as they have so much stock they can't shift.

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property/h1858-house-for-sale-area-1ngan-for-sale-3076373?ref=ls|normal|3|3

If you go to ddproperty website and search Chiang Mai with a maximum 1 million price, a few places come up like the one above. Look at their locations and scout out those areas for yourself. It's best to deal direct with the seller plus there will be properties out there not on the website. Take a photo of everything you see for sale, even stuff you don't really like. Phone them later to get the price and build up your knowledge of the market. Your budget is really rock bottom for being close to the city and there will be some really miserable places that are not even worth considering but there will be some that will be at least semi pleasant. Its best not to be in a rush to buy and if you are ok putting in the effort going down every soi and lane you may find something you are happy with. Anything you are interested in visit in the evening as well to get feeling what it's like after dark. 

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Go and look around inside banks and you will find plenty of pictures and lists of property they have repossessed from Thai mortgage defaulters, of which there are many.

They usually have quite a few at knocked down prices as they have so much stock they can't shift.

No one ever gets properties from the banks for the marked prices. These properties usually go to the highest bidders like an auction.

A 2 bedroom property in or close to the city for 850000 baht, sorry, no way. 2 mil/3 mil is a more realistic figure.

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property/h1858-house-for-sale-area-1ngan-for-sale-3076373?ref=ls|normal|3|3

If you go to ddproperty website and search Chiang Mai with a maximum 1 million price, a few places come up like the one above. Look at their locations and scout out those areas for yourself. It's best to deal direct with the seller plus there will be properties out there not on the website. Take a photo of everything you see for sale, even stuff you don't really like. Phone them later to get the price and build up your knowledge of the market. Your budget is really rock bottom for being close to the city and there will be some really miserable places that are not even worth considering but there will be some that will be at least semi pleasant. Its best not to be in a rush to buy and if you are ok putting in the effort going down every soi and lane you may find something you are happy with. Anything you are interested in visit in the evening as well to get feeling what it's like after dark. 

"there will be some that will be at least semi pleasant"

No there won't

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, mcfish said:

"there will be some that will be at least semi pleasant"

No there won't

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

The house in the link which was found with 2 mins of searching. A simple house like that in village with 100 wah of land to make a nice garden , a bit of DIY and home improvements.If the location is ok It could be pleasant. I would be confident a better house than that can be found and for less if you spend some time looking on two wheels. An 850k home is never going to perfect but if that's all you have, its all you have. 

38 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Perhaps sanpatong....townhouse in a better location might be wiser for many reasons.  San Sai is rubbish.

San Sai maybe rubbish but it`s still not cheap. Even as far out as Sanpatong it would be hard pushed to find a 2 bedroom house with land for 850000.

My guess is even a town house will cost 1.5 mil unless it`s miles out from the town in the middle of nowhere. Times have changed. The once 500000 baht up to 1 million bahtstarter homes have long gone.

The older Village ''Chockvaree '' in Sansai has houses around B1.2 M to B1.5 .M .Maybe as low as your budget for a do upper .They are mostly small bungalows 2 or 3 bedroom ,with small gardens .For the money a quite good Moobaan .I rented a house there for 6 months when i first came to C.M .

8 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

The house in the link which was found with 2 mins of searching. A simple house like that in village with 100 wah of land to make a nice garden , a bit of DIY and home improvements.If the location is ok It could be pleasant. I would be confident a better house than that can be found and for less if you spend some time looking on two wheels. An 850k home is never going to perfect but if that's all you have, its all you have. 

The house you found is nowhere near the city so doesn't meet the OP's criteria. If willing to live in the boonies it is possible to find something halfway decent for the specified budget, but the OP is specifically asking for something close to the city.

Sophon

On 1 October 2016 at 8:23 AM, Sophon said:

The house you found is nowhere near the city so doesn't meet the OP's criteria. If willing to live in the boonies it is possible to find something halfway decent for the specified budget, but the OP is specifically asking for something close to the city.

Sophon

How far does 30 minutes by bike( I assumed a motorbike) take you? Quite far out if it is a motorcycle. That website also has a simple home located halfway between the iron bridge and the railway station for 750k , a townhouse halfway between Festival and Maejo for 800k maybe 5 km from the centre? 

It is wise for the op to get a bit more cash.  The 1. 5 million home will be much better than the 800k , 2.5 mil better than the 1.5 mil.  That goes on and on whatever your budget is. 

Hi there,

to all the guys joking bout my 850000 BAHT(850K,eighthundredandfiftythousand thai baht) house buying plans,i have a few offers already,gonna look at 3 houses tomorrow all in the 20km range around chiang mai...

good for you guys wakin up and shit money :) just save your time and comment on things u have something useful to say...

to all the helpfull guys,thx alot

44 minutes ago, nikotin said:

Hi there,

to all the guys joking bout my 850000 BAHT(850K,eighthundredandfiftythousand thai baht) house buying plans,i have a few offers already,gonna look at 3 houses tomorrow all in the 20km range around chiang mai...

good for you guys wakin up and shit money :) just save your time and comment on things u have something useful to say...

to all the helpfull guys,thx alot

Good luck! You will need to spend another 850K to make the place livable. (Which puts you right around the 1.6 million mark that people suggest as the minimum).

41 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Good luck! You will need to spend another 850K to make the place livable. (Which puts you right around the 1.6 million mark that people suggest as the minimum).

no,no need to put another 850k on top.

i am healthy and have 2 hands. :)

Edited by nikotin

3 hours ago, nikotin said:

no,no need to put another 850k on top.

i am healthy and have 2 hands. :)

Again, good luck. My wife buys properties from government and court auctions. She used to go and bid often, but now doesn't have the time. As she says - "the properties available in that price range aren't good enough for her dog to live in." It's not to say that there aren't some available, but 99.95% of them go to people on the inside - like people who work in the banks or finance companies.

And....the properties my wife did buy in that price range......one has sat empty for 5 years while another for 8 years. No one is interested in renting them - unless of course she drops 700-900K Baht into each to fix them up of course.

Good luck. You might find something livable in the one million mark in San Patong however.

Anything on Mae Jo road and area looking at 3M minimum

doi saket at 1.5 - 2M but it's not the house is unattractive which it is but usually the area/neighborhood is a dive....

further out out means traffic galore to reach city on a regular basis...

forgot mae rim which is my preferred area at the stated price...hard press to find a usable rai for under a 1M...

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

Again, good luck. My wife buys properties from government and court auctions. She used to go and bid often, but now doesn't have the time. As she says - "the properties available in that price range aren't good enough for her dog to live in." It's not to say that there aren't some available, but 99.95% of them go to people on the inside - like people who work in the banks or finance companies.

And....the properties my wife did buy in that price range......one has sat empty for 5 years while another for 8 years. No one is interested in renting them - unless of course she drops 700-900K Baht into each to fix them up of course.

Good luck. You might find something livable in the one million mark in San Patong however.

I really dont get what you want to put 800-900 k in a small 2 bedroom house that if you build from scratch(without the land) would cost around 500k-600k to build.

Do you get this point?You try to tell me i have to put more money in a existing house that it would cost to build it!

Golden doors or what could it be.

Are you paying your wifes projects?Just guessing.

3 hours ago, nikotin said:

I really dont get what you want to put 800-900 k in a small 2 bedroom house that if you build from scratch(without the land) would cost around 500k-600k to build.

cobber please come to your senses

your  approx estimate above is in the 5 to 6  thousand baht  range ,per sq metre for a    new build, based on a 100 to 120 sq metres footprint(small 2 bedroomer etc etc )

try ,at least doubling your  estimate and you will probably fall short of a good new  build these days ... 2016 just to remind you

fair dinkum  your O/P  850 k baht figure is in Disneyland, and your next  above  estimate is out  past PLUTO

its  a Space Oddity , Major Tom, late evening to all my readers:)

41 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

cobber please come to your senses

your  approx estimate above is in the 5 to 6  thousand baht  range ,per sq metre for a    new build, based on a 100 to 120 sq metres footprint(small 2 bedroomer etc etc )

try ,at least doubling your  estimate and you will probably fall short of a good new  build these days ... 2016 just to remind you

fair dinkum  your O/P  850 k baht figure is in Disneyland, and your next  above  estimate is out  past PLUTO

its  a Space Oddity , Major Tom, late evening to all my readers:)

its funny how you live in thailand,probably for a long time already and still didnt arrive....

a small bedroom house is around 70sqm and i am not dreamin about luxury or anything fancy...just a basic lifestyle the thai way....and before you start,this country is not new to me,i lived here 6 years already...i just never investigated about building,buying etc...but i always get the best deal for me....had a house in chiang mai(hang dong) with 300 sqm garden,aircon and perfect condition for 40k a year 5 years ago,yeah the prices went up around 20 % but there are still plenty of cheap places to get if you are able to do it on your own...

850k maybe on the lowest end for finding a place in the 30 min range,but for 1 mill you get something in nearly perfect conditon 15 minutes from town.i found a place in hang dong today for that money...

so come down from your disneyland bs and take a step in the real world brother

5 minutes ago, nikotin said:

850k maybe on the lowest end for finding a place in the 30 min range,but for 1 mill you get something in nearly perfect conditon 15 minutes from town.i found a place in hang dong today for that money...

Haha and so many said it couldn't be done, it would be unlivable, it will be awful, you need 1 rai for a home etc etc . 

8 hours ago, nikotin said:

a small bedroom house is around 70sqm and i am not dreamin about luxury or anything fancy...just a basic lifestyle the thai way.....but i always get the best deal for me.......

now you have up the ante to a mil(from 850k) around 20% increase,which surely will  give you more options, then the 850 k we were  trying to assist your call of help and advice (good or bad)!!!

now its a small bedroom house (dog box size  70 sq metre)not a two bedrooom,which are generally in the 100 / 120 sq metre range,and upwards

perhaps a pic of your Handong find,would assist this board on what you have acheived

From  Earth   ,   a boza good morning ,to all:)