• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, kenk24 said:
The pips are squeaking

What the Dickens is going on? Squeaking pips? They must have Great Expectations... 

Whoosh is the sound made by your post as it soars over the heads of at least 70% of TVF readers! :shock1:

31 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

April 2013 wasn't about GBP weakness however, big difference!

I don't see the difference as far as this posting is concerned. What ever the reason is (and personally I blame financial manipulations rather than Brexit), it could be worse.

2 hours ago, cooked said:

I don't see the difference as far as this posting is concerned. What ever the reason is (and personally I blame financial manipulations rather than Brexit), it could be worse.

If you truly don't see the difference, that in itself is a problem! A strong THB leaves Sterling at it's normal every day value, easily exchangeable with other currencies as needed (except THB which is unusually strong).  But when it's GBP that is weak as now, it means it cannot be exchanged for any currency at a normal customary value without taking a loss.

21 hours ago, soalbundy said:

The Euro isn't doing great either

Imagine if the UK had joined that silly idea too and then decided on the Exit! Worrying times for British Expats, but riding the storm is the only option.

On 10/7/2016 at 0:44 PM, YeahSiam said:

So your situation is representative of a large number of Brits in Thailand, is it?

Or was that just you puffing out your chest?

" My" situation represents other Brits, !! "    Have no idea is that another assumption of yours.

" puffing out your chest? "  .... Another assumption of yours. :clap2:

11 hours ago, Ulic said:

Europe will cut off its nose to spite its face. They will make the UK pay because everyone

wants a re-think on the EU. Countries would rather have the EU and an economic trading

zone only. In a tit for tat duty war the UK imports more from the EU tan it exports to the

EU so I don't really see how that will be a negative overall. Of course there will be winning

sectors and loosing sectors. Trade between the EU and UK will drop and more will be

manufactured in the UK for home consumption. Fewer Mercedes and BMW's on the road

in the UK, but probably more Jaguars.

Wasn't Jaguar taken over by a German company?

On 10/7/2016 at 6:05 PM, transam said:

Thank you, I will now get the German lemon thing and the weee UK bloke out of my head... :thumbsup:

As for me understanding, seems you educating folk here beyond your hi-so-ness is a no-no,  but hey, can l sing you a song to cheer you up a bit...:guitar:

Trans don't sing have mercy on the OP,  remember forgive them for they know not what they do. :w00t: 

Edited by Kwasaki

On 10/8/2016 at 9:04 AM, johnnybgood said:

Due to the exchange rate my pint of Old Speckled Hen now costs the equivalent of a fiver !

After a few who cares?   (humour)

You need to drink in the afternoon when its cheaper. That's if you drink where I do.