Hearing aids?

Gandtee

Hearing aids are a big scam.  In the US while prices of all other electronics have been going down for decades HA prices have been going up.  The reason is that they are the only electronic device bought directly from a commissioned sales person wearing a white coat.  Since customers know nothing about the aids, the audiologist can sell them anything.  So, manufacturers compete for audiologists by producing more expensive units offering higher commissions.

The alternatives have pluses and minuses.  If you travel to the US buying from Costco is a very good solution: no commission for the audiologist and prices are low.

I bought mine from America Hears which sells over the internet.  You send them an audiogram and they send you the aids configured for your pattern of hearing loss.  They have models at various price points.  Mine cost ฿25,000 each.  However, they only sell in the US.  It might be possible to complete a transaction with them without their knowing that you are not in the US, but it would be a little complicated.  There are other online distributors which I would investigate if I were you.

https://www.americahears.com//

48 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Thanks Sheryl and Captain Haddock. All good advice, but I can't help feeling that Bt158.000 for two hearing aids is a bit steep.