True Visions

jimmyyy

As far as I can see all movie channels are off until the 21st of October . If you check your channel TV Guide then go forward there are no movies listed until the 21st of Oct at 00:00 then all movie channels are up and running again . At the moment all you have is News , Sports and Discovery channels the only other thing I have noticed is that there is the odd cut on the BBC news when any local  news reports come up .

Quote from the following topic.

The broadcasting committee of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission also issued instructions for the broadcast.

It stated that programmes should not include any element of entertainment, dancing, joy, violence, impoliteness or overly expressed emotion.

Looking at what I can find on True Visions they have cut most that could violate the edict. With a gold package I am only getting news, children's shows (Disney, Cartoon Network, Fox family movies and etc) and some that would fall in the educational category such as the history channel, national geographic and etc.

Opening this topic to allow limited discussion.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Looking at what I can find on True Visions they have cut most that could violate the edict. With a gold package I am only getting news, children's shows (Disney, Cartoon Network, Fox family movies and etc) and some that would fall in the educational category such as the history channel, national geographic and etc.

I have Platinum and in addition to the channels you mention, I am getting all the TrueSports channels, Fox Sports and Bein.  I'm relieved that sport hasn't been classed as entertainment!

We have the Platinum Package and it's the same.  Hardly worth the money we pay.

Yesterday, watched a couple movies from HBO Family and Fox Family.  Actually not too bad.  Their schedule isn't on the Truevision website, however and I can never seem to find the Fox channels schedules elsewhere on the internet.  HBO Asia has a nice website, listing their upcoming schedule for all the HBO channels, but not Fox.  I like to plan ahead and research viewing and watch a movie or two a day while I exercise or cook.  Somehow I like the serendipity of finding a movie on the TV and not figuring out for myself what to download.  This way, I see movies I wouldn't normally select, like the cute kids movie Monsters University I watched yesterday evening.

Hubby is back in Hog Heaven because his news channels are back and he can wallow in the U.S. election.  I just wish it would be over already.  So, as far as he is concerned, we're getting what we paid for from Truevisions.  

34 minutes ago, NancyL said:

We have the Platinum Package and it's the same.  Hardly worth the money we pay.

Yesterday, watched a couple movies from HBO Family and Fox Family.  Actually not too bad.  Their schedule isn't on the Truevision website, however and I can never seem to find the Fox channels schedules elsewhere on the internet.  HBO Asia has a nice website, listing their upcoming schedule for all the HBO channels, but not Fox.  I like to plan ahead and research viewing and watch a movie or two a day while I exercise or cook.  Somehow I like the serendipity of finding a movie on the TV and not figuring out for myself what to download.  This way, I see movies I wouldn't normally select, like the cute kids movie Monsters University I watched yesterday evening.

Hubby is back in Hog Heaven because his news channels are back and he can wallow in the U.S. election.  I just wish it would be over already.  So, as far as he is concerned, we're getting what we paid for from Truevisions.  

Not much that can be done. True Visions is doing the best they can to stay out of trouble. I don't think they have the personnel to monitor every channel and make a decision as to whether they violate the rather vague edict.

Fox movies premium schedule is here after you select Thailand. https://fb.foxmoviespremium.tv/default.aspx?date=161016&SCountry=10&day=1

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not much that can be done. True Visions is doing the best they can to stay out of trouble. I don't think they have the personnel to monitor every channel and make a decision as to whether they violate the rather vague edict.

Fox movies premium schedule is here after you select Thailand. https://fb.foxmoviespremium.tv/default.aspx?date=161016&SCountry=10&day=1

It's not Fox Movies Premium that they've left, but rather Fox Family movies and they don't have their schedule on their Facebook, sadly.  At least not where I can find it, UJ.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That's consistent with what others are reporting elsewhere.

Somehow, sports is not being considered as entertainment, although the TrueSports channels seem to cut away to the official feed whenever there is some government content that wants to be aired. But apparently BBC local Thailand news reports are considered as having "too strong emotions." :post-4641-1156694572:

FWIW, on my small cable network in BKK, it has Channel News Asia and their local Thailand news reports (entirely on the death lately) have been coming thru unmolested. And somehow for some reason, my system's Universal Channel from the U.S., which is entirely "entertainment," was put back on after the first day.

But still a lot of regular Thai channels either with no signal (mostly the non mainstream ones) or the mainstream ones on but showing entirely either death-related news/content or very bland public affairs content.

OHH!!!!  Channel 7 right now was showing a cartoon entirely unrelated to....  And Thai PBS was  showing what seems to be an actual regular fictional show unrelated to -- before an official feed override just came on. A few cracks in the wall.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

After Joe's post, I thought I'd check our smaller local cable system in BKK.

Right now is a funeral ceremony override time. So right now, EVERY local Thai channel is either showing chanting monks, or, remains off the air (and it looks like a lot of the former Thai entertainment channels simply remain off the air).

However, on our system at present, most or all of the normal international channels (including those that are "entertainment"), are coming thru fine, are showing their regular programming and not funeral ceremonies, and are not being blocked/disabled. That includes NHK, Channel News Asia, France 24, Fox Thailand, Universal Channel, and various Chinese offerings.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Just a heads up I contacted true vision a few days ago. Whilst they were very apologetic explained it was obviously out of there control at present but we're hopefully a form of regular service would be resumed today the 20th. Now I do not know if the next bit is across the board or because I rang them but I have been credited one months rental fee's back to my account. Which under the circumstances I was suprised with but fair play to them.