SURVEY: Is the Immigration policy of Good Guys in/Bad Guys Out effective?

SURVEY: Is the policy of Good Guys In/Bad Guys Out effective?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As some of our members are aware, Immigration has a policy of trying to rid Thailand of negative foreigners with its policy of 'Good Guys In/Bad Guys Out.    In your opinion, is this strategy effective?

Please feel free to leave a comment about how you think Thailand could best reduce the number of undesirable foreigners.  

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Amongst Thaivisa users a bad guy is seemingly anyone who is not on a retirement visa, does not own a blazer and is not a member of a golf club. HTH.

you can have some trouble on the golf course...witnessed a bit of trouble last year.....first time ive seen a 1 iron used and it wasnt swung at a ball either...

1 minute ago, nongsangcity said:

you can have some trouble on the golf course...witnessed a bit of trouble last year.....first time ive seen a 1 iron used and it wasnt swung at a ball either...

That could be me if I ever wanted to get bored on a golf course, with me getting older now, if someone badly upset me, my golf club would also be swung, and not at a ball.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nongsangcity said:

I gather that membership committees aren't as free with the blackballs as they used to be. Due to economic necessity some are forced to accept self made types I believe - even though they don't like the cut of their jib.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Have not noticed an intolerable amount of undesirables.  Only have noticed the unrelenting reports of such people.   Immigration seems to be solving a non problem.  It just looks like another shake down.   'Good Guys In/Bad Guys Out' is like 'quality tourists'.  It is just Thainess for the desire for more money for the government coffers.

a shake down? blaming the police now for picking up foreigners who don't give a thing about the immigration rules.

get all these idiots out

• Like 1

If they are referring to the initiative wanting to discourage people from overstaying, I think it has had an impact.  I think combined with the crackdown on multiple consecutive VE border runs, you are seeing an increase in people getting tourist visas or non-immigrant visas in neighbor countries or from their home countries.  Or doing in-country extensions.

But has the corruption merely shifted to the immigration and border offices?   Now if you want to stay legitimately, they are implementing 'expedited' service fees or offering to stamp you out for an VE if you are suspected of staying in thailand too long by having an additional chat with the supervisor in the back room.

I think it is getting much harder to stay here permanently if they don't want you too, so from their point of view I would call it a success. I wish it were easier for many of my friends who are good people but don't qualify to stay long term to stay here but I guess we are in Thailand and they will decide who does or doesn't qualify.

Please feel free to leave a comment about how you think Thailand could best reduce the number of undesirable foreigners.  

1 hour ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

You've forgotten to mention the knee-length socks and the sandals

Wait, until I see you with my wife beater shirt......

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

You've forgotten to mention the knee-length socks and the sandals

Handkerchief affixed on head is another good sign of ne'er do wells, particularly if they're looking for a chippy!