Thai father plays Russian Roulette in front of son - and doesn't beat the odds

webfact

7 hours ago, johncat1 said:

If he had a mental illness,  he should not have been allowed to have a gun. But  you need  a competent police force to enforce those rules / laws 

Doesn't seem to stop anyone in the US either, even though they do have a more effective police force  However he had tried before without the aid of a gun and no doubt would have succeeded one way or another.  Very sad and I really feel for his son who witnessed it

4 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

"...blew his brains out..."

Where did this "journalist" get his training?  Philistine Univ.?  Back-Alley Writer's College of Crass?  Would he appreciate a news account written like this if it had been his own father?  

The usual standards of journalism of this source are at absolute zero.  And that's way below Fahrenheit/Celsius zero. 

Your point would be more valid if the reporter had written his article in English. However, it was written first in Thai and then translated by the Thai Visa team, so perhaps the crass headline is of a different origin?

The mental illness thing has always been an understated issue in every society IMO.

Maybe the crazyness we see here suggests they dont treat this illness in Thailand like they do in the west...

that is-giving out anti depressants like tic tacs.

The scourge of modern day society IMO.

The main problem, unbeknown to doctors is..patients are usually less than honest about their 'other' drug use.

Meds in the mix with others ends up in disaster i can tell you.

Most cant give up alcohol and whatever, pot, etc so ultimately they are prescribed pills to control a problem that was probably exacerbated from the use of other drugs.

Sad really. And if you try giving up the pills cold turkey..well it aint fun let me tell you.

Sadly, this guy probably thought...a 1 in 6 chance, if the hammer hits a bullet, then i am really not meant to be here.

Hard to fathom for most, but If you've ever really suffered like this you can understand what created the thought proccess.

On 19/10/2016 at 5:37 PM, anotheruser said:

I guess you know what they sat about people that lack empathy.

Hello, hello "anotheruser", if English is not your mother tongue you can be excused for having sat on people.

In the 1800's the English decided to use 'said' for past tense of 'say' when they compiled their dictionary.

You should try not to sit on people that lack empathy if that is what you meant.

If what you wrote is not what you meant then what you meant is not what your wrote, I wonder if I got it right.

Just now, madusa said:

Hello, hello "anotheruser", if English is not your mother tongue you can be excused for having sat on people.

In the 1800's the English decided to use 'said' for past tense of 'say' when they compiled their dictionary.

You should try not to sit on people that lack empathy if that is what you meant.

If what you wrote is not what you meant then what you meant is not what your wrote, I wonder if I got it right.

Don't worry your pretty little head over my trivial typos, pumpkin.

7 hours ago, kevkev1888 said:

Shall I make it simple for you, most people are not stupid, most people with psychological problem are not stupid.

Many highly educated people lack common scene and understanding!

Some of these "Psychologists" need their own one to get along in life. 

On 10/20/2016 at 1:14 PM, silent said:

Ok then thanks. Can you recomment one?

yep . a bucket ,a lenght of garden hose and a bottle of nitrous oxcied gas . quick effective and clean ,no mess.

you will literaly die laughing .

Edited by sirmud63

4 hours ago, sirmud63 said:

yep . a bucket ,a lenght of garden hose and a bottle of nitrous oxcied gas . quick effective and clean ,no mess.

you will literaly die laughing .

But you still have to think of the gross mess after lividity. I can't help remembering the one I had to deal with was estimated 9 days still blown up like a balloon until one of the body snatchers touched him. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

On 10/20/2016 at 5:12 PM, ratcatcher said:

Your point would be more valid if the reporter had written his article in English. However, it was written first in Thai and then translated by the Thai Visa team, so perhaps the crass headline is of a different origin?

My point is perfectly valid.  It wasn't in the headlines.  It was in the body of the report following the dateline.   In that case, shame on the "Thai Visa team," for stooping to a crass description of a tragic accident.  

26 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

My point is perfectly valid.  It wasn't in the headlines.  It was in the body of the report following the dateline.   In that case, shame on the "Thai Visa team," for stooping to a crass description of a tragic accident.  

I guess we agree then.

"Attempted suicide" is usually a cry for help.

My guess is this rubber tapper saw blue skies and good days ahead a few years back when rubber prices soared, and ended up being in hock with debts he couldn't cover when prices went back down.  Poor fellow flirted with death, and death gave him its attention.

On October 20, 2016 at 7:25 AM, WhizBang said:

And yet he had a gun.

As a behaviorist, mental illness or not this was stupid behavior. Sounds like a drama queen. He was smart enough to make a calculation and miscalculated badly...one pays consequences for one's actions...bottom line...everyone is somewhere on the mental health spectrum...an unplanned suicide - just like a drunk driver or passing on a blind curve...high risk behavior or idiot behavior like TV viewers like to say...

another Darwin Award nominee...

On 10/19/2016 at 9:17 PM, kevkev1888 said:

Shall I make it simple for you, most people are not stupid, most people with psychological problem are not stupid.

Many highly educated people lack common scene and understanding!

Depends on how you define stupid.  If you use average IQ then a very large percentage of people are going to have a lower than average IQ.  

But stupid is used in many ways so claiming that most people who have psychological problems are not stupid is something you need to define better.  

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:12 AM, doremifasol said:

Forensic ballistics will tell.

Have they or will they check if he was predominately left handed or did he shot himself in the left temple using is right hand - it has been found before in a few suicide cases.