May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

13 minutes ago, nauseus said:
38 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Ah! Sgt Rock (what happened to him?) is most of us forum brexiters then?

Yes he was the majority! Bahaha

Wasn't his reasoning that the bounce back would come from the day of reckoning (since postponed) on the huge amount of unservicable ECB loans?

4 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Wasn't his reasoning that the bounce back would come from the day of reckoning (since postponed) on the huge amount of unservicable ECB loans?

His prediction kept on changing until one day he just disappeared. 

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

Reasoning? Can't remember much of that at any time! :crazy:

Edited by nauseus

1 hour ago, Johnyo said:

Of course some low level eu minister is going to say that. Let's wait until the German elections are finished and then Davies and co can start getting straight answers from the real bosses of the EU.

I cant believe someone can read one article of one EU minister from the massive EU contributer of Czechoslovakia making a flipent statement and you take it as gospel.

Theres going to be a deal ...and a decent one for both sides...it will eventually be sorted.   The EU is not going to collapse and neither is the UK.    FCS's people on both sides of brexit....get a grip.

Edited by goldenbrwn1
  • Like 2

Of course some low level eu minister is going to say that. Let's wait until the German elections are finished and then Davies and co can start getting straight answers from the real bosses of the EU.

I cant believe someone can read one article of one EU minister from the massive EU contributer of Czechoslovakia making a flipent statement and you take it as gospel.
Theres going to be a deal ...and a decent one for both sides...it will eventually be sorted.   The EU is not going to collapse and neither is the UK.    FCS's people on both sides of brexit....get a grip.

If you are going to comment at least read the article.

Guy Verhofstadt, the European parliament’s lead coordinator on Brexit, dismissed the proposals.

Not exactly low level.

I do agree with you that there will be a deal but not as the Brexiteers believe. The they need us more than we need them them and cake and eat it brigade will find out just how expensive " free" trading with the EU is going to be. 350 million GBP a week will be small change after the negotiations are over.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

42 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

If you are going to comment at least read the article.

Guy Verhofstadt, the European parliament’s lead coordinator on Brexit, dismissed the proposals.

Not exactly low level.

I do agree with you that there will be a deal but not as the Brexiteers believe. The they need us more than we need them them and cake and eat it brigade will find out just how expensive " free" trading with the EU is going to be. 350 million GBP a week will be small change after the negotiations are over.

My apologies. But even Guy Verhofstadt as with the EU parliament will not have the power themselves to stop any deal. ( hold it up yes). The commission who answers to Germany has more clout.  Yes there will be a deal and yes not the deal brexiteers are thinking with the EU but also the EU is not going to get it all their way either.

The UK is no banana republic..2nd biggest contributor net to the EU...permenant seat on the UN Security Council with powers of veto ( France being the only other in the EU) and of course militarily we are I think the strongest in Europe if not a close second not to mention our intelligence agencies. Yes the UK and the EU has said this will not make or break or help a deal............yeh right...lots of things going on behind closed doors....Barnier and Davies are just the front men.

Remember we are leaving a customs union not Europe..we are European.

http://globalriskinsights.com/2017/02/impact-brexit-british-security-defence/

Edited by goldenbrwn1

9 hours ago, Johnyo said:

You and other forum remainers keep bigging up these rebuttals by assorted EU goons. Do you support said rebuttals? And, if so, why? Do you want the best possible brexit deal for the UK or not?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

You and other forum remainers keep bigging up these rebuttals by assorted EU goons. Do you support said rebuttals? And, if so, why? Do you want the best possible brexit deal for the UK or not?

'Bigging up'. Those Brexiteers are just one cool bunch of 20-something hipster dudes.

I want the best deal for both sides. I just find the arrogance displayed in the press by the British politicians sickening. It appears that they say they want this or that without realising there is another side that might not give a hoot what you want. We want to have a traditional period with access to the customs union and free trade to avoid falling of a cliff but at the same time we don't want to abide by the EU rules. Arrogance or jus playing to the UK public? Not sure

• Like 1

Eh??? The government is being constantly criticised in the media for not having a plan. When it comes up with plans/proposals it's being arrogant? What on earth??? This is a negotiation, not a disciplinary procedure. Both sides come up with proposals and counter-proposals, and somewhere inbetween lie solutions hopefully. Arrogance is when one side refuses to budge.
[/

I think it's posturing. The Tories know what they are proposing will never happen so then they can blame the EU. Sound familiar?

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Just read that because of Brexit many banks expect the Pound and the Euro to have the same value soon, some even think the Euro will be worth more than the pound. Recently I been monitoring the Euro and pound and the difference is indeed getting smaller all the time.

I wonder if all those Brexit guys still think its worth it.  Personally (and I might be a minority) I care more about how much I can buy with my money then independence from the EU.

Not a Brit, myself but would not want to see my spending power go down just to get away from the Eu, they are not perfect but not so bad either.

Yes it will be worth it. The Euro is doing Ok at the moment for many reasons. Personally I care about a lot more than how much money I have in my pocket for now and maybe a few years. Not having a go at you Rob but leaving the EU, is so much more than that and reading this any many other threads on the subject. It is not just the Brits but others who have had enough of the bullying EU.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/841539/EU-news-European-Union-fourth-reich-Germany-communism-Poland

The Euro looks attractive at the moment and they keep printing more of it. The EU and the countries in it should be very careful the way they are treating these negotiations. The second biggest contributor could walk, So no more money and the UK people just may start swapping their French cheeses and wine along with other goods for other non EU products which are cheaper and sometimes better.

I am surprised anyone would want to be bullied and cajoled into anything which is exactly what the EU does. So yes independence at any cost please.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes it will be worth it. The Euro is doing Ok at the moment for many reasons. Personally I care about a lot more than how much money I have in my pocket for now and maybe a few years. Not having a go at you Rob but leaving the EU, is so much more than that and reading this any many other threads on the subject. It is not just the Brits but others who have had enough of the bullying EU.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/841539/EU-news-European-Union-fourth-reich-Germany-communism-Poland

The Euro looks attractive at the moment and they keep printing more of it. The EU and the countries in it should be very careful the way they are treating these negotiations. The second biggest contributor could walk, So no more money and the UK people just may start swapping their French cheeses and wine along with other goods for other non EU products which are cheaper and sometimes better.

I am surprised anyone would want to be bullied and cajoled into anything which is exactly what the EU does. So yes independence at any cost please.

We are all different, i prefer especially as someone from a small country to be at a large economic block. Who is right and who is wrong we will see. But how far does independence go. The Brits will find out if it was a good choice or not.. so far they are hurting and their economy is hurting and as a small country compared to the US or EU they can't really make a fist. I think it was a bad idea for you guys.

• Like 2