May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tony-blair-overturn-brexit-coalition-former-labour-leader-theresa-may-david-davis-a8089946.html

Blair is absolutely correct and Corbyn isn't. As the tide turns, Corbyn and Abbott will be left floundering in red scum at their high water mark having failed in their ambitions.

The only thing Tony Blair is interested in is being the president of Europe, oh the power. Most people would like to see Blair fall flat on his face.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Good morning Grouse, The bias is hidden in the sophisticated neurolinguistics.

You picked the wrong man to bandy words with. I find Rees Mogg has a limited vocabulary! 

Now, if you really want to discuss neuroliguistcs, great, but PM me. ( I worked in neural networks and machine learning)

Now, I reassert that The Economist is famously unbiased and if you only read this esteemed organ you would be better informed than most here ?

1 minute ago, vogie said:

The only thing Tony Blair is interested in is being the president of Europe, oh the power. Most people would like to see Blair fall flat on his face.

He's still correct on this matter

You prefer May or Corbyn?

What a choice ?

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

The only thing this small survey shows,is that most people are unhappy with the proposed sell out to the E.U. Thypical reporting by the Independent.

Be careful of small surveys, sampling is comprised of a series of small surveys and it is a surprisingly reliable and accurate technique.

Re: the Independent - Brexiteers dislike the Guardian and the Telegraph for their perceived political/government bias, you dislike the Independent for whatever reason. Having already established earlier that the tabloids are unfit to carry real and serious news, what should we use as our reference for emerging stories, apart from the Economist that is (and even some Brexiteers don't trust that - I suspect some of you must check under your bed each night to make sure you're not being spied on, such is the extent of the conspiracy theories here).

Edited by simoh1490
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Grouse said:

You picked the wrong man to bandy words with. I find Rees Mogg has a limited vocabulary! 

Now, if you really want to discuss neuroliguistcs, great, but PM me. ( I worked in neural networks and machine learning)

Now, I reassert that The Economist is famously unbiased and if you only read this esteemed organ you would be better informed than most here ?

Neural networks and machine learning has nothing to do with neurolinguistics.

Put simply its a method of mind control..without you realizing it.

If I were to discuss it with you, I'm sure we would argue. LOL. Best to read up on it.

14 hours ago, nauseus said:

You can burn the lot for all I care. It's just sell it journalism (financial version).

The Know-Nothing Party. As for The Economist articles reference research but then you and others wouldn't know that other than doing the parrot on the Mail and the Express and choice nutty websites and all in all that's about the limit as far forum Hard Brexiteer education goes.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I liked the last part of the last comment under this story:

"Blair and his ilk are history for most and although no one has driven a stake through his heart to remove him for good, he's probably as despised as Hitler & Stalin. Even Juncker is more honest than Blair as at least you know what he stands for !"

In fact very little support for Blair at all there! Thanks be.

Happily quoting comparisons between Blair to either Hitler or Stalin is about as shallow as one can get and a big flag to advertise the fact.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

The only thing this small survey shows,is that most people are unhappy with the proposed sell out to the E.U. Thypical reporting by the Independent.

Unhappy enough to test the so-called "will of the people" ... an opinion poll on a given day based on a debate fuelled on lies, exaggerations and few facts. At least this time the facts are on the table.

Edited by AlexRich

4 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

"Half of Britons want a public vote on the UK’s final Brexit deal with the EU once the Government’s negotiations are over, a new poll suggests. Of the 1,003 people surveyed in the Survation poll, 497, or 50 per cent, said they would “support holding a referendum asking the public if they will accept or reject the deal”. A total of 343, or 34 per cent, said they were against the idea of a public vote, while 164 (16 per cent) said they did not know."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britons-majority-in-favour-of-public-vote-on-final-brexit-deal-uk-politics-a8089161.html

Since when ws 497 50% of 1,003. Bad reporting as usual from this rag. And wow 1,003 people that really is reprsentative of the population

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The Know-Nothing Party. As for The Economist articles reference research but then you and others wouldn't know that other than doing the parrot on the Mail and the Express and choice nutty websites and all in all that's about the limit as far forum Hard Brexiteer education goes.

Back to the education issue again, Pretty Polly. Squak squak.

Talking about education, I find the Economist flatters readers who aren't quite intelligent enough to realise how shallow it is ,into thinking, that they are more intelligent than they are because they read it.

It also has a smug presumptuousness.

On both counts however it explains why you and Grouse like it. :smile:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Happily quoting comparisons between Blair to either Hitler or Stalin is about as shallow as one can get and a big flag to advertise the fact.

Just a quote published in your revered Independent. Talk to the Ed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nontabury said:

Yes, good point. Yet, it is the only realistic deal available.  So, effectively, it is a more realistic vote than the one that precedes it.  The main point is that it is very far from the deal the Brexiters were championing as a done deal- a deal that never existed as an option.

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

Since when ws 497 50% of 1,003. Bad reporting as usual from this rag. And wow 1,003 people that really is reprsentative of the population

Math never was the strong point of Brexiteers!

497 is 50% of the decided vote whereas 343 is 34% of the decided vote - 164 or 16% were undecided, all to zero decimal places.

And again, sampling is used in many countries to determine a range of factors from census to unemployment and political leanings.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aright said:

Talking about education, I find the Economist flatters readers who aren't quite intelligent enough to realise how shallow it is ,into thinking, that they are more intelligent than they are because they read it.

Comforting bombast from and for the intellectually lazy forum Hard Brexiteer crowd who don't read (anything much worth referring to) and would like to explain why. The Economist all a bit too much for them. Graphs! Research! Oh dear! :cheesy: The Mail and The Express. That's as far as limited intellects can go. No further and trash that which does. That's all folks!

Edited by SheungWan
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Comforting bombast from and for the intellectually lazy forum Hard Brexiteer crowd who don't read (anything much worth referring to) and would like to explain why. The Economist all a bit too much for them. Graphs! Research! Oh dear! :cheesy: The Mail and The Express. That's as far as limited intellects can go. No further and trash that which does. That's all folks!

I've just read Womans Weekly and picked up some great stitch patterns, I was going to share with you, but since you've been a sew and sew I won't bother.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

I liked the last part of the last comment under this story:

"Blair and his ilk are history for most and although no one has driven a stake through his heart to remove him for good, he's probably as despised as Hitler & Stalin. Even Juncker is more honest than Blair as at least you know what he stands for !"

In fact very little support for Blair at all there! Thanks be.

What utter nonsense. Where did those offensive words appear?

2 hours ago, aright said:

This is fun!

What learned journal has sufficient graviitas to satisfy you?

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

In your wonderful Independent as a reader's comment. I did explain but no-one reads anything properly here.

Readers comments have no bearing on facts presented in a newspaper column, they exist to satisfy the need of readers too lazy to form their own opinion from reading the column themselves.

54 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Math never was the strong point of Brexiteers!

497 is 50% of the decided vote whereas 343 is 34% of the decided vote - 164 or 16% were undecided, all to zero decimal places.

And again, sampling is used in many countries to determine a range of factors from census to unemployment and political leanings.

Come on, you honestly are saying 497 is 50%  of 1,003.

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The deltas and epsilons are getting into quite a frenzy. I'll let them have their largactil or soma before I make further contributions

I was certain this would happen once they stopped production of the Beano.

• Haha 1

Just now, baansgr said:

Read what the article says, 497 is 50% of 1,003. I wont explain it again to you either. . 

One of the basic flaws inherent in many Brexiteers is their inability to interpret and assimilate data and fact - a percentage of the DECIDED vote (those who have made up their minds) is NOT a percentage of the TOTAL vote (everyone who was asked in the survey.

Is the reality of what was written now slowly starting to permeate the fog!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grouse said:

This is fun!

What learned journal has sufficient graviitas to satisfy you?

Newsweek, Time, the FT and occasionally just to keep up to date with the social politics of the Remainers  ...the Beano.