Trump: Clinton's foreign policy plan would start WWIII

webfact

2 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

I agree. I'm totally a Hillary supporter, I've already cast my vote and think she'll be a good president. However, the no-fly zone is not a good idea. Putin is not stupid, and he's not Hitler, and he doesn't want a general war any more than anyone else does, and letting him have his share of influence in Syria doesn't amount to a Munich-level capitulation. I think something can be worked out, and I hope I'm not proven wrong ... 

You agree 100% BUT she'll be a good President?  How funny.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Well first of all the decisions about Syria are not all about what the USA does or does not want to do.  There are several countries involved with the Syria crisis and decisions would very much depend on agreement with them.  It is important to recognise that the situation in Syria is very complicated and the main focus must be protecting the innocent men, women and children that are being killed every day.  IS are being defeated in Syria but there is no silver bullet as far as that is concerned.

Trumps comments just confirm that he has absolutely no idea of the reality of how things work and that makes him a very dangerous liability indeed.

Those several countries follow the U.S.'s lead, stupid or otherwise.

52 minutes ago, TPI said:

Let me be the second.....HRC will be like all other female national leaders and try and take her country to war, it doesn't matter to her, her husband is too old and she only has a daughter......to hell with anyone else!

I may not like Trump, at least he's straight up with his lunacy but Hilary, how could America even contemplate that evil mealy mouthed back stabbing incompetent post menopausal shemale!!! :post-4641-1156693976::sad::wai: 

TPI you shouldn't sit on the fence like this, tell us what you really think!

Yeh those war hungry women leaders! Boadicea,  Joan of Arc and............?  And of course Hillary must be a shemale because she has balls....errr!  

6 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Those several countries follow the U.S.'s lead, stupid or otherwise.

Used to and they certainly listen to Obama.  However these days the US no longer calls the shots the way they used too, especially when it comes to the middle east.  Too many screw-ups.

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Used to and they certainly listen to Obama.  However these days the US no longer calls the shots the way they used too, especially when it comes to the middle east.  Too many screw-ups.

If "calling the shots" is a euphemism for "invades countries", then yes, and that's a good thing.

6 hours ago, jcsmith said:

Considering Trump and his staff's statements with regards to nuclear weapons (why have them if you aren't going to use them!), on more countries having nukes, the fact that he wants Nato allies to kick in more, and the fact that he has offended large groups of people (mexicans, muslims, immigrants, woman, etc) world wide, and his child like responses and ego driven twitter wars... I think Trump being elected president would truly be a danger to start WWIII.  

This is yet another example of Trump projecting his own deficiencies onto others. The grab em by the snatch comments come out he quickly defers blame to Bill Clinton and even suggests Hillary is disloyal to him (completely made up). You point out his long history of racism and he calls you a racist. He criticizes companies for not buying American, and for hiring immigrants, and turns out he is one of the largest offenders. He complains that illegal immigrants aren't paying their fair share of taxes, and turns out many of them are paying more than he is.

you have no idea, or you are a Hillary lover

6 hours ago, jcsmith said:

Considering Trump and his staff's statements with regards to nuclear weapons (why have them if you aren't going to use them!), on more countries having nukes, the fact that he wants Nato allies to kick in more, and the fact that he has offended large groups of people (mexicans, muslims, immigrants, woman, etc) world wide, and his child like responses and ego driven twitter wars... I think Trump being elected president would truly be a danger to start WWIII.  

This is yet another example of Trump projecting his own deficiencies onto others. The grab em by the snatch comments come out he quickly defers blame to Bill Clinton and even suggests Hillary is disloyal to him (completely made up). You point out his long history of racism and he calls you a racist. He criticizes companies for not buying American, and for hiring immigrants, and turns out he is one of the largest offenders. He complains that illegal immigrants aren't paying their fair share of taxes, and turns out many of them are paying more than he is.

Totally agree and I am no Hillary lover

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

One of the advantages of an experienced politician is that these politicians understand the basics of US nuclear policy, such as why it is the policy of the US to prevent to spread of nuclear weapons.  A child can understand that, but apparently Donald Trump doesn't.

Clearly Donald Trump didn't understand this when he publicly stated that maybe Japan, South Korea, and Saudi Arabia (source of 15 of the 19 9-11 hijackers) should acquire nuclear weapons.  In case nobody has explained to Donald Trump why this is a bad idea, here's a simple explanation than even a child can understand:  If our allies acquire nuclear weapons, then the enemies of our allies will acquire nuclear weapons, and they will spread all over the world.  Eventually, through incompetence or malice, one of these nations with nuclear weapons will provide them to a terrorist group, and that group will smuggle that weapon into Trump's home of New York City--the greatest target in the world.

Will someone please pass this explanation on to Donald Trump.  It might help if they added a clear argument of self-interest, after the bomb goes off in NYC, Trump's properties there, the basis of most of his wealth, will be worthless.

I have many reasons to vote against Donald Trump, but his dangerous ignorance of nuclear weapons and US nuclear policy is at the top of the list. 

For those who think that the risk of nuclear war went away with the end of the cold war--you are very wrong.  The risk of a nuclear war involving thousands of warheads has greatly declined, but the risk of a rogue nation or terrorist group using a nuclear weapon has increased.  In our globally interconnected, technology dependent world, the consequences of a single above ground nuclear blast in the wrong place will be devastating all over the world.

If you want an interesting sphincter puckering read, google the phrase "starfish nuclear test".  Keep in mind that the power lines that caught fire hundreds of miles from the test were thousands of times more rugged than the microelectronics we depend on in our daily life.

5 hours ago, Chicog said:

But he never said that! I heard him say so! It must be true!  Wibble Wibble!

"Wibble Wibble", or perhaps waffle waffle, certainly describes it.  Donald Trump's mushiness on nuclear weapon proliferation is best summarized on Politifact:

" So Trump certainly has said he’s open to proliferation by certain allies but isn’t sold on it. We rate Warner’s claim Half True." http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2016/oct/11/mark-warner/mark-warner-says-donald-trump-ok-nuclear-prolifera/ 

If you look into what Trump actually says about nuclear weapons you'll find many contradictory statements.  He gives the impression that he doesn't know what he's talking about, but that doesn't keep him from talking.

I'll stick by my conclusion that he is dangerously ignorant on nuclear issues and not fit for the responsibilities of a nuclear arsenal and the nation's nuclear strategy. I also stick by my conclusion that this ignorance is more than enough to disqualify him from being president.

5 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

I agree. I'm totally a Hillary supporter, I've already cast my vote and think she'll be a good president. However, the no-fly zone is not a good idea. Putin is not stupid, and he's not Hitler, and he doesn't want a general war any more than anyone else does, and letting him have his share of influence in Syria doesn't amount to a Munich-level capitulation. I think something can be worked out, and I hope I'm not proven wrong ... 

So then why support her?!

no one can predict future actions, i am far from a hillary supporter, but i don't see this.  Putin is well aware of what the result of such a battle shall be.  As a former soldier from the clinton bush era, i would think that cooler heads would preserve the peace.  If not well than that is that.  Being an old soldier i still keep most of my political beliefs to myself in trust that the country will go with the greater good.  

5 hours ago, BIGTOE3 said:

That proves you are both wrong but you are Trump supporters so you will be wrong 100% of the time.

BT 

Nope, hardly a Trump supporter. Just not agreeing with the strong statement that was made. Or for that matter, with other inflammatory statements and nonsense aired.

6 hours ago, simple1 said:

OK my use of the word 'traitor' is strong in connotation. There again if he gains power & leads the US into unnecessary conflict and destabilisation, in my POV his has violated the trust placed in in him - betrayal.

Your use of "traitor" is  OTT. Granted, it's an election campaign and people tend to get carried away, but it is a slippery slope once sides start referring to each other (or respective leaders) as traitors. One thing the US does not need more of is divisiveness. Bad enough that candidates engage in widening rifts rather than building bridges, don't see the point of giving them a hand.

There were quite a few US presidents who led the country to unnecessary (yeah, ain't hindsight great?) conflicts. Would you describe each and every one of them as violating the trust placed in him? Were all of them traitors?

Hillary needs to make peace with the DOD establishment if she does not, she is doomed from the start as they will ensure her downfall.  I realize this is a strong statement but i am comfortable with it.  I look forward to your comments. 

5 hours ago, nabbie said:

News about Syria/Iraq is very tiring & only one solution I believe is to let Syria to sort out no matter what or how. All the offering hands of the foreign countries should be chopped off...

At least two countries were invited to help by the Assad regime (Iran and Russia). Without their support, it is doubtful that Assad could have handled those opposing him. Not necessarily that he would have been deposed, but more likely a prolonged stalemate.

Without getting into the question of the legitimacy of Assad's rule - such an scenario would not have contributed much to the conflict being resolved.

34 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

Hillary needs to make peace with the DOD establishment if she does not, she is doomed from the start as they will ensure her downfall.  I realize this is a strong statement but i am comfortable with it.  I look forward to your comments. 

DOD will be much more at ease with HRC at the helm. At least she can be reasoned with, and besides, not as if she's a stranger. Having someone as clueless and as unpredictable as Trump in charge would make things way more complicated. What candidates say on the campaign trail is one thing (although Trump's nonsense on these matters is hard to ignore), what they do once in office is another.

Edited by Morch

oh trump will have his own problems but hillary was not nice to anyone in the DOD and those memories are very fresh.  I speak from personal experience.  I can say trump has zero history with the DOD, but Hillary oh she has got some history.  I shall keep my opinions to myself and let it play out

Just now, jimmyyy said:

oh trump will have his own problems but hillary was not nice to anyone in the DOD and those memories are very fresh.  I speak from personal experience.  I can say trump has zero history with the DOD, but Hillary oh she has got some history.  I shall keep my opinions to myself and let it play out

Kinda hard to relate when it comes to vague insinuations.

46 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

DOD will be much more at ease with HRC at the helm. At least she can be reasoned with, and besides, not as if she's a stranger. Having someone as clueless and as unpredictable as Trump in charge would make things way more complicated. What candidates say on the campaign trail is one thing (although Trump's nonsense on these matters is hard to ignore), what they do once in office is another.

At least Hillary Clinton will not order the military to violate the laws of war--torture, executing the families of terrorists, etc.  Trump will give the generals a choice between disobeying their Commander in Chief or committing war crimes.  They should not be put in that position.

Edited by heybruce