the best pizza of my life

logon1

10 hours ago, stament said:

Not sure what the relevance is with Pattaya, this is a Chiang Mai thread.

I know , but since I've lived in both places , and now staying in CM I can compare, right ?  So I am still waiting for that perfect Italian pizza , Duke's was ok , but not the best . I can name Italian pizzerias in Pattaya that would be authentic , but the reason for that is the Italian owners.  

But I am not done with Chiang Mai yet , I might find the place I'm looking for. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My 14 year old son considers himself a connoisseur of pizzas . Between Mai Ha market  and Nong Kwai/Baanwaen area along the canal road to the Samoeng junction there are at least 6 different pizza possibilities. I will rate them as per my son 

1) Franchescas  Italian sausage, salami with mushrooms and black olives ;to die for ( near Empress Dentists and Kwans Kitchen ( who don't do pizza but a really good breakfast from 7.30 am )

2) Tex/Mex Family Restaurant ( 1.5 Km towards Samoeng ) great choice

3) Mr Chan & Paulines Steak ,Salad and Pizzas ..All Good.

4) Nics

5) New York Pizza ( Thai/USA fusion )

6) Yummy Pizza

Lunched at Giotto, Meechok Plaza, today and the food and service was top shelf.  My Mediterranean Spicy pizza was a superb blend of crispy thin base, sauce, cheese and toppings which included capers, anchovy, black olives, and just enough chili to make it interesting.  Ink fettucini marinara (probably the wrong menu name) was awesome as was the grilled sea bass and salad.  I couldn't fault the food quality and look forward to sampling other dishes.

5 hours ago, kaptainrob said:

Lunched at Giotto, Meechok Plaza, today and the food and service was top shelf.  My Mediterranean Spicy pizza was a superb blend of crispy thin base, sauce, cheese and toppings which included capers, anchovy, black olives, and just enough chili to make it interesting.  Ink fettucini marinara (probably the wrong menu name) was awesome as was the grilled sea bass and salad.  I couldn't fault the food quality and look forward to sampling other dishes.

Also one of my favorites. The Italian food prepared there by Thai chefs is better than 1/2 of the Italian owned restaurants in town. I think the owner was trained in Italy. Just because a place is Italian owned means nothing as many of the Italians who own restaurants in Thailand have never learned to cook anything in Italy. I've been told that by two Italians owners here. "No problem, it works in Thailand."

On 4 December 2016 at 5:47 PM, kaptainrob said:

Thanks for the tip, we went there last weekend and enjoyed the food.