Human Rights lawyer: "Nott" completely in the wrong" Sue him!

webfact

Human Rights lawyer: "Nott" completely in the wrong" Sue him!

a1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A top human rights lawyer has gone online to say that the celebrity at the center of the beating and "kowtow to car" case is banged to rights.

Songkan Achariyasap said on Facebook that Nott - otherwise known as Akhranat Ariyaritwikul, 28, a TV host and actor - is completely in the wrong, reports Daily News

The motorcyclist called Kitisak Singto, 25, who he assaulted should sue him for all he can get.

Songkan was in the news a lot this year as the lawyer for the plaintiffs in the infamous "Lady Kai" case.

The lawyer has advised those acting for "Boy" a Taling Chan revenue officer who suffered a broken nose and other injuries, to get witness statements and other evidence together and make Nott pay for his behavior.

This can be done by either asking the police to prosecute or, better still, taking out a private prosecution direct to the court within whose jurisdiction the crime occurred.

The incident happened on Friday near Robinson's in Bang Rak, central Bangkok. 

After the assault, that was caught on video that outraged netizens online, it is said that Nott forced Boy to 'graap" or kowtow in forgiveness to his car, a Mini Cooper that had been slightly scratched.

Nott was dumped by his GMM TV employers yesterday.

Sonkan mentioned on his page: "Don't worry about influential people - Boy will get justice in this one".

Nott's lawyer had claimed self-defense for his client but people online have scoffed at this saying it was an absurd notion.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-08

Another shameful story in my opinion. What about the actor in question actually getting charged by the police as it is clearly a criminal offence. Should that not be the first step the police taken regardless of who he is. It would seem the only option here is to sue and get money, which relinquishes responsibility for the criminal act taken. A sad state of affairs.

Regarding incidents like this with celebrities and so called hi so people things just get worse and the average person loses any faith in the system and those supposedly, protecting it.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

Thais are palavering all over about this incident but I've seen no comment regarding the Thai motorcyclist doing a "Thai accident run" as reported in the news story. Not that that makes the assault on him any better, but geez Thais, somewhere along the line hit and runners in Thailand must be punished severely.

10 minutes ago, noitom said:

Thais are palavering all over about this incident but I've seen no comment regarding the Thai motorcyclist doing a "Thai accident run" as reported in the news story. Not that that makes the assault on him any better, but geez Thais, somewhere along the line hit and runners in Thailand must be punished severely.

Not that I give a toss, but did he do a runner ? the wife was adamant that he hadn't as it was also reported he had stopped.

The police should prefer charges against Nott,  they RTP are renowned for having  no guts for doing anything except when told , like drug testing tourists , boy is entitled to justice from this disgusting Nott, one hopes the Lawyer will help ......................................................:coffee1:

8 hours ago, webfact said:

get witness statements and other evidence together

This can be done by either asking the police to prosecute or, better still, taking out a private prosecution direct to the court within whose jurisdiction the crime occurred.

Exactly right, bypass the police completely as they will tamper with or lose the evidence and procrastinate filing the case at court, or not file at all while being incentivized by Nott's lawyer daddy. 

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

28 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Not that I give a toss, but did he do a runner ? the wife was adamant that he hadn't as it was also reported he had stopped.

Reports in Thai press are he was hit by taxi causing him to hit the mini and he gave chase to taxi but unable to get and immediately returned to accident site where he was set upon.

47 minutes ago, noitom said:

In Bangkok traffic it is hardly surprising that motorbikes (actually lets call them mopeds because that is really what they are), regularly rub against cars and leave either scratches or black scuff marks from the rubber or plastic parts on the moped.

If every time that happened traffic had to stop while the car owner and the moped rider discussed whether the scuff could be cleaned off or the scratch buffed out then Bangkok would come to a standstill.

Basically if you drive a car in Bangkok you should just accept that mopeds are going to ding your car every time you drive in heavy traffic.   9 time out of 10 there is no visible sign of the touch anyway.

1 hour ago, CelticBhoy said:

"Naughty Nott's Not Nice"

Lost his job, everyone hates him and he drives a mini. Karma Katastrophe . . . :smile:

I'm a little out of date, but about 10 years ago I saw Minis on display at Central Rachadapisek. Price varied, but was around ฿3,600,000. I would imagine the price has only gone up.

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

My wife has said that on Thai Social Media it has been reported that apparently Boy chased a Taxi that had squeezed him into the Mini causing him to scratch it. He was unable to catch the taxi but came back after chasing it - not the actions of a typical runner if it is true - from the footage I saw yesterady I am inclined to beleive it as he approached on the other side of the road and Nott ( so hi so) was waiting for him. What a scumbag that Nott is...

The motorcycle driver definitely was in the wrong by bumping into the car and then running off....but he did come back.

And then the car driver began his wrong doing which was far, far worst by losing his temper (road rage) and assaulting the motorcycle driver.  

The motorcycle driver should be penalized for hitting the car and I think it was reported he didn't have the minimum level of motorcycle insurance required (surprise--NOT!).  OK penalize him for that which would probably be a fine of X-amount and cost to repair the car.

At the same time charge the car driver for assault which is a criminal charge. 

And then let the two sue each other in civil court if they desire....and I'm sure the motorcycle driver has a far, far better chance of winning his civil suit while the car driver's case would probably be dismissed.

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Same as my wife tells me.  Apparently the mini diverged left slightly bumping the motorcycle gently not enough force to cause him to loose control.  The rider did a U Turn and stopped on the opposite side of the road where the actor guy approached, grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him across the road.

6 minutes ago, Familyaffairs said:

Ignoramus bikers have caused damage several times to my car, and never stopped. Beating the shit out of one might make them think twice.

Right, beating the shit out of people doing the right thing will make those doing otherwise think twice.  strange logic

Just looking at the video,you dont need a lawyer to tell you he did wrong.

should read EX tv host and  actor,as he got the sack,that will hurt him

more than criminal charges (if any), the victim should sue for all he can 

get,then MAYBE other HiSo Thais who think they are above any laws will

think twice.

regards Worgeordie

One of the benefits of always buying used cars that come pre-dinged is that it leads to a stress free life. People have been most surprised when they bump my car and I say "no worries". When people stop placing so much value on their stuff and more on humans around them, it will be a happier place.

I'm a little out of date, but about 10 years ago I saw Minis on display at Central Rachadapisek. Price varied, but was around ฿3,600,000. I would imagine the price has only gone up.

Surely, since BMW bought Mini since then.

38 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Sorry, but wrong you are:

moped [moh-ped]

noun
a motorized bicycle that has pedals in addition to a low-powered gasoline engine designed for low-speed operation.

As you can see, Thais rarely ride a moped. They are very popular in China but not in Thailand. The young man was riding a motorcycle.

Ok I was wrong, I mean't scooter although to me moped and scooter are the same thing.... ie not a motorbike.  

If it has automatic gears and you can be shown how to ride it in 30 seconds then its is not a motorbike.   

Honda Clicks, Yamaha Finos etc are scooters (and I would also call them mopeds).

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

I'll be the first to admit that my 'evidence' is a bit sketchy - but a friend at work knows someone who knows the motorcyclist's family, and apparently a taxi did a U-Turn in front of the bike and that caused him to make contact with the Mini Countryman (need to be careful how I type Countryman - wouldn't want to drop the 'o'').  He then stopped his bike and was going to speak to the driver when he was grabbed and assaulted.

A taxi doing a U-turn without warning sounds highly plausible  .... and if the bike rider hadn't stopped, how did the driver catch up with him?

Whatever happened immediately before the video - I can't imagine it will lessen the implications of what happened next. 

17 minutes ago, Familyonthemove said:

I'll be the first to admit that my 'evidence' is a bit sketchy - but a friend at work knows someone who knows the motorcyclist's family, and apparently a taxi did a U-Turn in front of the bike and that caused him to make contact with the Mini Countryman (need to be careful how I type Countryman - wouldn't want to drop the 'o'').  He then stopped his bike and was going to speak to the driver when he was grabbed and assaulted.

A taxi doing a U-turn without warning sounds highly plausible  .... and if the bike rider hadn't stopped, how did the driver catch up with him?

Whatever happened immediately before the video - I can't imagine it will lessen the implications of what happened next. 

Let me get this right, you know someone who knows someone  who knows the family.  so family, someone to someone to you to us is 5th hand info.