Police checkpoints: activist gets result and police go home with their cones

webfact

6 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

Very brave man. 100,000 followers - that's a promising sign!

I agree. Nothing but a complete top to bottom restructure of the RTP will even begin to alleviate the corruption plaguing this country. (Don't even get me started on the military!)

And corrupt the education system. 

These road blocks confuse me, I passed through two yesterday in the Pattaya area, where cones have been used to filter the road down to one lane, a small tent is perhaps set up to provide shade. Traffic is held up and a bit of a jam is caused, and all I see is a couple of policeman lounging in seats playing with their phones.  What is the point and why affect traffic flow for nothing?

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

These road blocks confuse me, I passed through two yesterday in the Pattaya area, where cones have been used to filter the road down to one lane, a small tent is perhaps set up to provide shade. Traffic is held up and a bit of a jam is caused, and all I see is a couple of policeman lounging in seats playing with their phones.  What is the point and why affect traffic flow for nothing?

because they can mate, because they can!!! the mobile phone is the worst invention that has killed any kind of conversation between people, and in the work place in Thailand i see in every shop i go the staff flicking there phones screens up and down relentlessly, uncaring about the customer.

I passed through a random check point yesterday on the 205 heading into Korat.  I'd never seen one there before.  There were no cars pulled over on the side of the road.  Just 1 BiB standing in the road with the orange cones, 4 other BiB in their high viz safety vests sat underneath the adjacent yellow roof bus stop.  The one BiB in the road was looking at vehicle occupants then waving us through, I got the impression it was one of those drugs "tip off" operations, looking for a particular car/person.

The big RTP reform plan has been crafted, debated and has hovered somewhere in the "any time now" execution phase.  The National Police Chief has "urged" the police to reform but I wonder if his heart isn't in it 100%. 

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/932897-national-thai-police-chief-urges-police-to-expedite-reform/#comment-10977549

On 11/8/2016 at 1:56 PM, waldroj said:

"...While some checkpoints in Thailand have the backing of the law, others are just opportunistic designed to fleece motorists of their cash illegally..."

If this is so, then (as smedly points out above) have not the offending "police" committed a criminal act?

As is so typical of the Thai mindset, the people will applaud Kriangkrai for HIS actions, but totally ignore the police conspiracy !!!

Have the police committed a criminal act ? ...........too funny for words.