Trump wins White House in astonishing victory

webfact

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without responding to multiple posts above, I make no argument. Those are pretty broad promises. If Trump can keep them, well then great; if not then there will be a bunch of disappointed 'forgotten' people. As to bringing manufacturing jobs back, you still need someone to sell those manufactured goods and the US market alone ain't big enough.

Good fences (walls)) make good neighbors and as a matter of fact, they are going up all over Europe besides the most effective of them in Israel.

Eastern Euros have had it with the 'migrants' and throwing up defensive barriers to keep the freeloaders out.

German towns are building walls within cities to keep the feral 'migrants' from raping and looting.

2 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Without responding to multiple posts above, I make no argument. Those are pretty broad promises. If Trump can keep them, well then great; if not then there will be a bunch of disappointed 'forgotten' people. As to bringing manufacturing jobs back, you still need someone to sell those manufactured goods and the US market alone ain't big enough.

"you still need someone to sell those manufactured goods and the US market alone ain't big enough."

So why wouldn't they sell to the same places they sell to now? The US is the largest single marketplace in the world, BTW. It's the importing of goods we don't make ourselves that pulls all of the money out of the US.

We can't all stand in a circle with our hands in each other's pockets and expect to all get rich. Someone has to create new wealth and introduce it into the group to have gains. Manufacturing creates new wealth by making a marketable product from raw materials.

8 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

This is the BMW plant in Spartenburg, SC

AR-303079996.jpg

The US has 17 different auto manufacturers by brand. Two reasons. To protect against currency swings ("Manufacture in the currency you sell in") and to save on shipping since the US has the raw materials to make all of it. It doesn't make sense to ship the raw materials out of the country and then ship the new car back in.

Also, the US is the world's largest car market and everyone wants a piece of it.

Just remember that's a German company and the profits go to Germany. Many American cars and parts are made in Mexico and Canada.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Another failed Democrat prediction - the Markets will collapse and not recover.

Well, this is what they look like right now:

Screen-Shot-2016-11-09-at-1.33.20-PM-600

So much for that sorry so-called "Economist" Krugman, eh?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/projects/cp/opinion/election-night-2016/paul-krugman-the-economic-fallout

Shortest panic in history! :smile:

I would "like" your post but apparently you're only allowed 200 "likes" per day...and it sez I've reach the limit...who  knew...and what a day ☺☺☺

Goes for all my fellow Trumpeteers posting great content today ??? 

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

6 hours ago, NeverSure said:

My My. Here's JingThing still going on like the Energizer Bunny. Jingthing, when Trump announced his candidacy, how many times did I tell you right here in this forum:

1.  Never bet against Donald Trump?

2. Hillary is a proven loser with the personality of a bale of hay who won't win anything?

3.  Trump will win this election going away? This before he won the nomination.

Yes I did numerous times until I got tired of all of the posters who angrily posted things they knew nothing of and simply decided it wasn't worth it.

NOW I'M WATCHING the SAME PEOPLE who GOT IT ALL WRONG about the election tell us what will happen next!! :smile:  Amazing that they still think they know ANYTHING.  :saai:

While I'm here please let me post a pic of a conversation I had way back last February when I got really tired of the hatefulness on the forum.

Cheers.

Ued-1 copy.jpg

Did he leave?

22 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Trump has gotten by on platitudes the entire campaign. Now it's time for him to put those into specific actions and I wish him the best. I am not one of those who, for some perverse reason, wishes him to fail.

"Campaign in poetry...govern in prose." Broad outlines of policy in a campaign with specifics fleshed out in office...standard stuff...like any presidency there will be success and failures and hopefully more of the former than the latter.

19 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

"Campaign in poetry...govern in prose." Broad outlines of policy in a campaign with specifics fleshed out in office...standard stuff...like any presidency there will be success and failures and hopefully more of the former than the latter.

Poetry is fine up to a point. Guys on here are saying more about what Trump's gonna do than Trump himself has ever said about what Trump's gonna do.

5 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Poetry is fine up to a point. Guys on here are saying more about what Trump's gonna do than Trump himself has ever said about what Trump's gonna do.

We must grant them their excitment on this great day...and sure they may be getting a little ahead of what President Elect Trump (oh that has a nice ring to it...first time I've said it on The Forum) has said but it's to be expected ?

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

14 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

And Canada is USA's largest trading partner. It's a two way street.

The US would would hardly notice if Canada fell off the face of the earth...for Canada...not so much. But we wouldn't want that in any case and are eternally grateful to you for taking off our hands the likes of Cher, Samuel Jackson, et al. 

Well I'm going to say it! I said over a year ago Trump would win it.

I TOLD YOU SO!   LOL

Congrats to you Donald Trump. er  President Elect Donald Trump.

Well played and I am looking forward to your work draining the swamp and putting HRC in the big house (along with all the Clinton Mafia gang). 

How sweet it is.

6 minutes ago, jackh said:

Well I'm going to say it! I said over a year ago Trump would win it.

I TOLD YOU SO!   LOL

Congrats to you Donald Trump. er  President Elect Donald Trump.

Well played and I am looking forward to your work draining the swamp and putting HRC in the big house (along with all the Clinton Mafia gang). 

How sweet it is.

Be careful that you ain't in 'his' swamp...

13 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

And Canada is USA's largest trading partner. It's a two way street.

That's true. A problem that Trump wants to solve is that the US imports much more than it exports with ALL of its top trading partners.        LINK

This is wealth depleting because you keep spending money importing goods without making it back in return. The US must recover a good deal of its own manufacturing so that it hasn't shipped its jobs to other countries. You have to make money to have some to spend of course.

General Motors of Canada is one of Canada's largest industries manufacturing cars and car parts. It employs about 10,000 people.  LINK

Please don't misunderstand. Canada and the US have a very special relationship and there are no hard feelings among any Americans I know of. Business is business and somehow Americans must have jobs. Good jobs which are sorely lacking since these trade deals started.

Cheers.

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Whatever personal failings and mistakes past presidents may have had, Trump magnifies those to the nth degree.

Reagan didn't want to be buddy buddy with Soviet dictators. Nor did Roosevelt or Wilson for the dictators of their era.

FDR and Kennedy had visions for America that were meant to bring out the best in people, not to divide and ridicule and engender hatred and fear of those different from you.

Johnson had a vision of the Great Society, not building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico or trying to deport millions of law abiding residents.

Trying to compare what we've seen of Trump thus far with a lot of our former presidents, Republicans and Democrats alike, is a long long long stretch.

Trump has no comparison. THAT is his biggest asset.  And I thank God for that.

He has no political ties. He owes no political favors. He has no need for fattening his bank account. He doesn't even care about power, except he knows he needs it as a means to his ends.

He is the man to come in and purge all the political scum on the hill. He is a kick ass and take names kind of guy who is gonna "GIT ER DONE" and put America back in the business of working for it's people.

This is just the sort of man needed in the White House. His proven track record as a businessman will get this govt back on track with an agenda to "Make America Great Again". Of that I have no doubt.

All you capitol hill cronies better be afraid...be very afraid. 

14 hours ago, NovaBlue05 said:

Trump will likely fill 3 SCOTUS seats by 2020.

You're right.  More right-wingers on the Supreme Court - very likely.  The repercussions will go on for at least a generation.

>>> More back-alley abortions.  

>>>  Increased gender bias against LGBQ.  

>>>  lifting of bans on assault weapons & armor piercing ammo,

>>>  Continued jailing of Americans for having a bit of pot or growing a hemp plant.

>>>  Maintaining provisions for corporations and super-rich donors to pour billions into buying politicians

>>>  Maintain fossil fuel's massive pollution (by allowing off-shore drilling, and pipelines going everywhere)

>>>  Maintain elitist well-funded school districts as distinct/divorced from dirt-poor districts.

13 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

Biggest loser, ISIS. A US-Russia coordinated anti-terror fight will make world safer. Impossible under Hillary.

ISIS thrives on conflict.  Trump is Mr. Conflict with divisiveness infused with everything he says and does.  All Trump's anti-ISIS and anti-Muslim rhetoric is and will continue to be music to ISIS's ears.  It will swell ISIS volunteer numbers.

Someone posted earlier that Trump didn't go to Mexico to talk about making deals.  Yes he did.  But the biggest take-away is how, an hour later, Trump framed the conversation in one way, and Nieto framed the conversation very differently.  Who you gonna believe, Trump or Nieto?  Most Americans, knowing how Trump lies incessantly, are going to believe the other guy.   The Mexican prez got burned by having one brief conversation with Trump.   How are foreign leaders going to deal with Trump, when Trump comes calling with his hand outstretched to make deals?   They're going to be guarded at best.   Trump is the type of guy who will make an agreement with you in private, and then, moments later, announce a completely different deal to the world.  "Yea, he agreed.  They like the wall and they're going to pay for it.   See, aren't I great?!  I dominated the little guy from the smaller country."   

Edited by boomerangutang

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Whatever personal failings and mistakes past presidents may have had, Trump magnifies those to the nth degree.

Reagan didn't want to be buddy buddy with Soviet dictators. Nor did Roosevelt or Wilson for the dictators of their era.

FDR and Kennedy had visions for America that were meant to bring out the best in people, not to divide and ridicule and engender hatred and fear of those different from you.

Johnson had a vision of the Great Society, not building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico or trying to deport millions of law abiding residents.

Trying to compare what we've seen of Trump thus far with a lot of our former presidents, Republicans and Democrats alike, is a long long long stretch.

Reagan was dealing with the USSR which didn't collapse until Bush 1 was pres. The USSR was rightly called "The Evil Empire" by Reagan due to overrunning a bunch of existing countries against their will. You can't negotiate with people like that. Reagan's way was to get tough which worked to a large degree and the USSR did collapse for a number of reasons. 

Now it's Russia and Putin and Trump hopes that he can have some kind of a dialogue with Putin. Trump is the only POTUS we've had in my lifetime who could sit at a table across from Putin and get respect. He's used to dealing with world leaders on big deals because he has investments in many countries. He's used to doing big deals.

Give him a chance. Hillary and Obama have us on the verge of war with Russia right in Syria. The US and Russia are fighting and backing two different sides so in a way we are at war. Trump wants to get out of these wars and stop trying to nation build (which has been a disaster) and he'd like to have a conversation with Putin about jointly fighting ISIS. Putin hates ISIS.

Good luck to both of them. It could be historic.

Cheers.

18 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Hopefully the silver knife will have finally been shoved through the heart of the corrupt Clinton (both) political machine...never to arise again!

hopefully but lets not forget corruption runs deep and is not at all limited to democrats or republicans.  

" a 2 party dictatorship"  Jesse Ventura

4 branches of government

executive

legislative

judicial

special interests

2 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

You're right.  More right-wingers on the Supreme Court - very likely.  The repercussions will go on for at least a generation.

>>> More back-alley or abortions.  

>>>  Increased gender bias against LGBQ.  

>>>  lifting of bans on assault weapons & armor piercing ammo,

>>>  Continued jailing of Americans for having a bit of pot or growing a hemp plant.

>>>  Maintaining provisions for corporations and super-rich donors to pour billions into buying politicians

>>>  Maintain fossil fuel's massive pollution (by allowing off-shore drilling, and pipelines going everywhere)

>>>  Maintain elitist well-funded school districts as distinct/divorced from dirt-poor districts.

ISIS thrives on conflict.  Trump is Mr. Conflict with divisiveness infused with everything he says and does.  All Trump's anti-ISIS and anti-Muslim rhetoric is and will continue to be music to ISIS's ears.  It will swell ISIS volunteer numbers.

Someone posted earlier that Trump didn't go to Mexico to talk about making deals.  Yes he did.  But the biggest take-away is how, an hour later, Trump framed the conversation in one way, and Nieto framed the conversation very differently.  Who you gonna believe, Trump or Nieto?  Most Americans, knowing how Trump lies incessantly, are going to believe the other guy.   The Mexican prez got burned by having one brief conversation with Trump.   How are foreign leaders going to deal with Trump, when Trump comes calling with his hand outstretched to make deals?   They're going to be guarded at best.   Trump is the type of guy who will make an agreement with you in private, and then, moments later, announce a completely different deal to the world.  "Yea, he agreed.  They like the wall and they're going to pay for it.   See, aren't I great?!  I dominated the little guy from the smaller country."   

Hillary and Obama on the other hand get their support from Muslim countries which throw gays off roofs and mutilate the genitals of little girls. Hillary wanted to flood the US with Syrian rapefugees unvetted like Merkel has in Germany.

In Hillary's world the penalty for sex outside of marriage is stoning to death.

Where is the gay or women's rights in that deal?

What would it take for some members of this forum to see the hypocrisy of Hillary in that? She took money for her campaign and for her foundation in the tens of millions of dollars from people who will cut off your hands for petty theft.

Have you ever seen another candidate for POTUS do this?

Cheers.

img.jpg