Belgian pensioner vs Thai Hi-So Benz driver - he went for me first, says Thai

rooster59

Belgian pensioner vs Thai Hi-So Benz driver - he went for me first, says Thai

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuqVuJK0myVb36KanbQp1PlTCZshhwPgzDfM5gBt.jpg
Image: Thairath

RAYONG:-- The Thai man at the centre of the road rage incident when a Belgian pensioner was knocked to the ground in the middle of the road in Rayong says that the foreigner attacked him first.

But Morakot Wiphakorn, 50, a building contractor in Rayong, said he dodged the blow from 68 year old Roland Hattercant. 

Then, he told reporters outside Rayong police station yesterday, he replied in kind and aimed a blow himself.

Video of the altercation in Sukhumvit Road on Wednesday showed Morakot striking the Belgian and knocking him to the ground before he drove off.

The Belgian went in to give evidence after Morakot had been with investigators the best part of an hour.

His wife who was at the scene of the incident said it was nonsense.

Atcharawadee Hattercant. 38, said that her husband had done nothing.

After the incident it was stated that the foreigner had got out of his car after a series of overtaking manoeuvers had taken place between the two cars.

Atcharawadee said that they would fight the case and let the law take its course.

A video of the incident was posted online.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-12

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a pathetic stick up that was. The Thai guy hits like a girl. Had the Foreigner not been so old I guess he would have given him a right old flogging. A blatant case of "handbags at forty paces."

But I can't see much happening about this one. The farang blatantly instigated the physical altercation [idiot considering his age]. But the attack had ceased when the Thai guy got up enough courage to have a go himself. They should both be charged for dangerous driving and being clowns in a public place.

39 minutes ago, coma said:

What a pathetic stick up that was. The Thai guy hits like a girl. Had the Foreigner not been so old I guess he would have given him a right old flogging. A blatant case of "handbags at forty paces."

But I can't see much happening about this one. The farang blatantly instigated the physical altercation [idiot considering his age]. But the attack had ceased when the Thai guy got up enough courage to have a go himself. They should both be charged for dangerous driving and being clowns in a public place.

well said this man

I`m afraid that is totally incorrect. After the Belgian guy finish playing dodgem cars with the other guy he then got out of his car for a confrontation. He deserved everything he got for acting like a prat.

Looks like the farang was taken a face pic with his phone (his phone is shown on the road next to him) and the driver didn't like it and tried to push the camera away then beat up the old man. However, it is not clear and the driver is probably claiming he was parrying a blow.

There seems to be a lot of pent-up anger within the " Don't you know who I am " brigade in Thailand at the moment ( probably because back pockets are starting to hurt for a number of reasons) so they need to meter out a bit of Thainess to those they deem inferior to them, what a sad lot. :passifier:

24 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I`m afraid that is totally incorrect. After the Belgian guy finish playing dodgem cars with the other guy he then got out of his car for a confrontation. He deserved everything he got for acting like a prat.

Well said!! "After the Belgian guy finish playing dodgem cars with the other guy he then got out of his".  I have less respect for this old age pensioner. The Benz had won this childish game and finished ahead of him, so the stupid old fart being the sore loser decided to get out of his car. What's this BS line that he decided to get out of his car to find out what was going on. He knew exactly what was going on, he was playing games on the road and jeopardizing the safety of other drivers. 

once again we see that the original report and headline was a gross exageration to outrage the farang readership. 30years old or 50.

I often see these grumpy old euroeans being rude to the thais.around pattaya and have told them i will hurt them if they continue. In everywhere from banks to 7-11 to a hostpital.

They often have a much younger "girlfriend" in tow who seems usedto their aggressiveness.

They should be thrown out if they cant learn to keep.their cool, it isnt europe here, it is thailand, jai yen yen,   love it or leave it.

5 minutes ago, getreal said:

once again we see that the original report and headline was a gross exageration to outrage the farang readership. 30years old or 50.

I often see these grumpy old euroeans being rude to the thais.around pattaya and have told them i will hurt them if they continue. In everywhere from banks to 7-11 to a hostpital.

They often have a much younger "girlfriend" in tow who seems usedto their aggressiveness.

They should be thrown out if they cant learn to keep.their cool, it isnt europe here, it is thailand, jai yen yen,   love it or leave it.

So you seek out elderly European expats and threaten to hurt them?  Have you considered you may have a problem of some sort?

8 minutes ago, getreal said:

I often see these grumpy old euroeans being rude to the thais.around pattaya

and have told them i will hurt them if they continue.

Is this how you deal with your grumpy and aggressive feelings now ...take it out on your compatriots?

Farang is a festering idiot for playing dodgems with a local and then compounding it by getting out of his car to confront him. However, on that clip, I didn't see him offer any physical violence towards the Thai who clearly gave the Belgian a few girly punches. I would charge the Thai with offering violence to an old man. That's inexcusable, especially in a land that's supposed to revere the elderly.

1 minute ago, jesimps said:

Farang is a festering idiot for playing dodgems with a local and then compounding it by getting out of his car to confront him. However, on that clip, I didn't see him offer any physical violence towards the Thai who clearly gave the Belgian a few girly punches. I would charge the Thai with offering violence to an old man. That's inexcusable, especially in a land that's supposed to revere the elderly.

"That's inexcusable, especially in a land that's supposed to revere the elderly."

That's most probably what the old age pensioner was thinking  ..... I've been on this world longer than you so you have to listen to my bullshit and take what ever I dish out.  I have a "free get out of jail" card because I'm old and I heard that Thailand revers the elderly. Bullshit!. I am a senior living in a foreign county and I don't expect any favoritism for poor behavior. JMHO.

Grumpy old man thinks he owns the world/sets the rules and gets put in place. That's my take on it.

Too many of these around in Thailand and the idiot might have restrained himself considering that he had a child in his car.

In my experience very few foreigners in Thailand get into trouble they don't deserve.

Edited by ThailandLOS

1 hour ago, AlphMichaels said:

That's not a real Mercedes...., like so many assembled here.  

Mr. Belgium and Mr. Thailand..., had cooler heads prevailed on both sides, this would not be news.

Jai yen yen.  

Just imagine the loss of face if you told Thais that their hi-so treasured Mercedes car is used as a taxi in Germany. Oh the shame. There would be mass suicide :cheesy:

44 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

<deleted> sake. If you get involved with an idiot on the road just stop for a minute and let the idiot drive on. Problem solved. Let him pick on someone else to play childish games with, but certainly don't join in. Pretend you're an adult instead.

Seems so obvious.