Mobile Phone Is Tired

Siki

Do any of you knowledgeable people know why an old mobile phone would have a new problem of poor reception? I can’t go to a shop and ask this question because the answer will be, “The phone is worn out and you need to buy one of our new phones”.

Do these phone actually have a part that effects signal reception that wears out? What can I do?

Aloha

Siki

Do any of you knowledgeable people know why an old mobile phone would have a new problem of poor reception? I can’t go to a shop and ask this question because the answer will be, “The phone is worn out and you need to buy one of our new phones”.

Do these phone actually have a part that effects signal reception that wears out? What can I do?

Aloha

Siki

I just went through that with a 6100 Nokia. Everything worked fine except the reception. The repair shops said it needed some kind of a new chip. The last shop said he would fix it. Three weeks later nothing worked. Perhaps a good shop could have repaired it but that small shop destroyed it.

we had this problem 3 or 4 years ago with a Motorola phone.

It turned out to be a corroded contact between the antennae coil and the main board.

fixed it myself with a soldering iron and it worked for another two years.

opalhort