Is this legit?

newatthis

Hi all,

I got this in my email inbox today and I don't understand one word of it. Is it a legit email or just junk.

The address of the sender:

SUPPORT TEAM ([email protected])

I appreciate your help.

Dear Microsoft User,  

This is to Inform you that your System is Reporting Errors of Security Risk.  
These error messages of your System are related to your Event Viewer and Network Security.  
To Diagnose and Resolve this Critical Issue, Please Call TOLL FREE NUMBER 1- 800-490-1839 and request for assistance from a Technician.

We suggest you to act promptly as this is a Potential Identity Theft Risk.  Please find below your error report.
GetFileAttachment?id=AQMkADAwATZiZmYAZC05OQAwZi01MDUzLTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA6lrFnZ0%2BEVAmPRibP8PXYIHAEwX4jR5LfhKnkwYp1jWHygAAAIBDAAAAEwX4jR5LfhKnkwYp1jWHygAAAD0geneAAAAARIAEADDvodjBqtsQbQh2%2BY7Q8Oh&X-OWA-CANARY=GDPECHs1pUWn4FZ2oRiBtTCtnM1uDNQYKSVGBrKo-2eldR2TkfCRrDJWlYkIjh5p2yVoGkDLpfw.&token=38a69e29-bfc4-4b95-a408-f404f4039306&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

This is an electronically generated email, please do not reply. Use above mentioned contact details to get in touch with your Technicians.

Thanks and Regards
Security Team
Microsoft Certified Technicians Online

Edited by newatthis
Double copy

2 minutes ago, jpinx said:

really???   People have to ask about that crap? ;)

Yeah, sorry jpinx. I'm a novice at this stuff. I have just  installed Win 10 and I was a bit worried. In a lot of things, I need more experienced minds than mine.

5 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Yeah, sorry jpinx. I'm a novice at this stuff. I have just  installed Win 10 and I was a bit worried. In a lot of things, I need more experienced minds than mine.

No sweat - we all didn't know at some time before.  :)

I also hope you did not click on anything in that message (there appears to be such an offer) as that can often lead to downloads of virus type material.  If you did download and did not open delete now - if something opened a good online scan would probably be a good idea.  But obviously not with these people if they might offer that.

21 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Keep the phone number in the email, when the Nigerian Finance Minister emails wanting contact details, give them that number.

I had one recently from a Gi with 10 million usd, I said you have got the right person !

send me 5,000 usd by western union, No reply  

12 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I also hope you did not click on anything in that message (there appears to be such an offer) as that can often lead to downloads of virus type material.  If you did download and did not open delete now - if something opened a good online scan would probably be a good idea.  But obviously not with these people if they might offer that.

And you can easily find how to block any further messages from the sender.

14 hours ago, fulhamboy said:

I had one recently from a Gi with 10 million usd, I said you have got the right person !

send me 5,000 usd by western union, No reply  

I'm assuming that is tongue-in-cheek?

Even though an email is blatantly spam, with the exception of clicking on a link contained in the mail, or opening any attachment, the worst thing you can do is to attempt to reply to it.

All this does is to show whoever was responsible for the bulk mailing (in most circumstances) that the email account is active, ie, an actual account. After confirmation, this is where your problems potentially begin instead of ending when you delete the spam in the first place..........................;)

I was in a flippant mood, and there was no link just the usual email address and telephone

number, I worked in a bank dealing with fraud,  I watched a video on youtube a guy showed

how easy it was to trace back these scammers, majority from India disguised as a legit

business.