Better Men's Haircuts in Pattaya or Jomtien ... help!

Jingthing

OK, a few years ago I "graduated" from the local style places that charge 100 baht or less and was finding better haircuts at salon type places.

But the stylists keep LEAVING on me without letting me know where they're going. 

Have gone through three decent ones in a year.

It happened again so I took a chance on a mid-range place.

Uh oh. BAD HAIRCUT. :sick:

I'm looking for cutters (or call them stylists if you want) that will at least work with you on a good style for your head and use mostly SCISSORS, not mostly CLIPPERS. That you've had good results with.

Cost is flexible, between 200 and 500 I suppose.

If you have some specific suggestions, hook a brother out, OK? Not sure in posting specific NAMES here is OK, or not. 

Go to " the Colorist " in Soi Yume. Just next to Big C Extra off of Pattaya Klang.

the owner P'Jay has many farang customers, speaks good English and is a very good stylist. Very good wash and cut ( scissor over comb or clippers ) is 300 baht.

Cheap at twice the price as she knows her job.. ( Attn: Cheap Charlies. Yes. Yes. Yes, I know you can get a haircut for 50 baht elsewhere.. That may be fine for you but I don't have 50 baht hair :P )

29 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Go to " the Colorist " in Soi Yume. Just next to Big C Extra off of Pattaya Klang.

the owner P'Jay has many farang customers, speaks good English and is a very good stylist. Very good wash and cut ( scissor over comb or clippers ) is 300 baht.

Cheap at twice the price as she knows her job.. ( Attn: Cheap Charlies. Yes. Yes. Yes, I know you can get a haircut for 50 baht elsewhere.. That may be fine for you but I don't have 50 baht hair :P )

That sounds pretty good. Wish I had asked before I took a chance. Now I'm shopping for a pretty good HAT!

Edited by Jingthing

Getting a decent haircut in Pattaya is a crapshoot at best. Followed this girl through two salons until she started her own. She's been overseas and has a pretty good head on her shoulders. But everyone has different wants and needs. Recommending a hairdresser is almost as hard a recommending a restaurant.

14 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Getting a decent haircut in Pattaya is a crapshoot at best. Followed this girl through two salons until she started her own. She's been overseas and has a pretty good head on her shoulders. But everyone has different wants and needs. Recommending a hairdresser is almost as hard a recommending a restaurant.

There's only two weeks difference between a good haircut and a bad one.

4 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

A good haircut has nothing to do with bht. At 100 baht I'm still paying farang price.

Some people think that but I've never gotten a great cut here for 100 or less and I've tried scads of them. I have for 300 and more.

2 hours ago, onemorechang said:

I believe this is the new style in vogue now days.

just print this off and show it to the ladies  , im sure

they can make a go of it. :thumbsup:

f9a282f4-3aa8-44e2-90ed-5325aff2b9c4-1024x768.jpg

That might be better than what I got tonight. 

BTW, men, when you try a new haircut person and they BOTCH your hair, are you polite and say you like it, or do you TELL them? 

I tell them because who cares, not going back. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm looking for cutters (or call them stylists if you want) that will at least work with you on a good style for your head and use mostly SCISSORS, not mostly CLIPPERS. That you've had good results with.

Cost is flexible, between 200 and 500 I suppose.

Hair Well, 4th floor Central Festival .    Ask for LEK , she only use scissor and knows how to cut farangs hair.   What I like about her is that she will take the time with you and make sure the result is good without using machines. 

Whatever you do , avoid the other salon next door that charge more but with a terrible result. 

Edited by balo

Seasoned Pattaya Mongers have known for a long time, that one can not get a decent haircut.

- This is why there are so many Skinheads in town.

Of course, if really wanting to be part of the true "in crowd" in Pattaya, next to a Skinhead, one would need several Tatoos plus wear a jacket with "Hells Angels" written on the back.

Strange, but something tells me, that the OP (among others), is not likely to warm up to this. 555
Cheers.

Ann's Salon on Walking Street Soi 16 in Arab Quarter. I've been going there for 8 years. Very good English. Just tell them scissors over clippers. 

Jomtien Soi 7 inside Inn Bar. There is a one (clipped) LB who has a small salon who is cheap, fast and does a pretty good job. She will do your hair however you want. Decent shave too at either place.

Most stylists in most of the shops except the dirt cheap Thai-only shops will not use clippers if you tell them not to. Also you should take a CD marking pen (water soluble) and mark up your head with directions, like draw a line 1/2 inch from the top of your ear to indicate hair length desired there. Be sure to do both ears. After all, the complaint is usually that they cut too much. If you write numbers, use cm of course. A few well-placed arrows might not go amiss.

They find this most helpful and rarely forget afterwards.

You may refuse to pay, say, 20 baht of the charge if they didn't follow your explicit directions. Now they may wish to argue, but the markings will make it all clear.

Edited by JSixpack

8 hours ago, pegman said:

Jomtien Soi 7 inside Inn Bar. There is a one (clipped) LB who has a small salon who is cheap, fast and does a pretty good job. She will do your hair however you want. Decent shave too at either place.

Sounds like the ideal place for JT............thanks :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That might be better than what I got tonight. 

BTW, men, when you try a new haircut person and they BOTCH your hair, are you polite and say you like it, or do you TELL them? 

I tell them because who cares, not going back. 

Not had a hair cut for 20 years.

but do shave the head twice a week. to show the Tattoos off  :thumbsup:

Never really had a bad hair cut before,   it was very long,  so only had the ends trimmed.

Edited by onemorechang

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Most stylists in most of the shops except the dirt cheap Thai-only shops will not use clippers if you tell them not to. Also you should take a CD marking pen (water soluble) and mark up your head with directions, like draw a line 1/2 inch from the top of your ear to indicate hair length desired there. Be sure to do both ears. After all, the complaint is usually that they cut too much. If you write numbers, use cm of course. A few well-placed arrows might not go amiss.

You may refuse to pay, say, 20 baht of the charge if they didn't follow your explicit directions. Now they may wish to argue, but the markings will make it all clear.

That would also be ideal for one of those complicated Trump weaves too!

image.jpg

Edited by pegman

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

JSixpack .... you ... you ... you ... have a SENSE OF HUMOR!!!

OMG!!! Keep this up and I might even get to like you. Well .... it's a thought, anyway. 

14 minutes ago, pegman said:

That would also be ideal for one of those complicated Trump weaves too!

image.jpg

I presume Trump pays a stylist loadsacash to do his. I don't know why as it makes me cringe everytime I see it. I wish he'd cut that stupid fringe on the front and the ghastly ducktail ( or whatever the proper term is these days ) at the back. he also needs to man up and join Pence in the white hair brigade.

on 2nd road, opposite Dicey Rileys & Marriot there is a place between the entrance and exit of the car park with a really nice gay Phillipino who is excellent for around 350 Baht and has been here for 17 years that I know of. His name is Reny or Rennie