Extension of stay DENIED.

46 minutes ago, smedly said:

not having read the whole thread this sounds like the IO asked his wife a question possibly about work and she unwittingly gave the wrong answer, something like - how does your husband earn money - wife - he has 3 businesses here and after looking and seeing previous work permits they deemed him to be working without the correct visa...........bye bye, go get the right visa in your home country and come back

remember he was applying for an extension of stay based on marriage or retirement and he still owns businesses in Thailand - the IO joined the dots and assumed he was working which is probably the correct conclusion

As I wrote in a post before he had a extension of stay based upon marriage and a work permit. He can work with that extension since it is based upon marriage.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As I wrote in a post before he had a extension of stay based upon marriage and a work permit. He can work with that extension since it is based upon marriage.

There is the possibility that a combination of lawyer/Imm' wrongly decided that he should have had a B visa .

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I thought he said he had that previously but on this instance was applying for an extension based on Type O only - just a bog standard ext based on marriage

my error

It is interesting to speculate about the facts here. I do think the OP knows more than he is letting on, but possibly not the full background.

Here are some possibilities not yet considered:

• His work permit did not cover some of the work he was doing
  • He previously had an extension of stay based on the lawsuit, and was contravening labor laws in some way while on that extension.
  • Immigration had grounds for deportation and blacklisting. However, they compassionately allowed him to leave voluntarily, but immediately, to the destination of their choosing as an alternative. They did so in the knowledge that he would be able to return, and actually wanted that to happen, but in a way where they could not be accused of dereliction of duty in failing to deport.

I am pretty sure this was something to do either with the lawsuit or his work/businesses. Something this extreme does not happen for a paperwork mix up, or upsetting a single immigration official.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/5/2016 at 2:34 PM, wakeupplease said:

Guys he has a bit of writing on the visa which in English means Law suit so he has a case in the courts, now if you try to cross a border or go out from an airport with that in your passport you will not be allowed to leave that is 100% sure. So maybe as its big money and not him accused of taking it, Someone who is accused of taking it wants him out of the way in January, so if he was taken to airport and told to go, Someone has power to do that and yes there are those who can do it

If I was him I would keep my head down for a while and slip in the back way on court day

If I were him I'd definitely be careful and keep a low proficle. ( No grammar cop) ,but how could you have been him? 

Edited by jenny2017

6 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

If I were him I'd definitely be careful and keep a low proficle. ( No grammar cop) ,but how could you have been him? 

I don't think he has been here the last 1,5 years, so it looks like he kept a low profile.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Before replying to post in this topic I suggest you look at the date on them. Topic was started in December 2016.

Agreed. Time to close this topic.

:mfr_closed1: