Samui murder: French restaurant owner admits concealing a corpse, other two suspects deny involvement

snoop1130

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

Your post is all about Koh Tao and no similarity to this case whatsoever. That case is finished. this case is about a Frenchman. Those 2 are guilty and these 3 are about to go to court with a guilty verdict highly on the cards. The days of rape and pillaging with no consequences are over down on those islands. 

My post was about GSR testing and forensic evidence, using a contoversial example as evidence of lack of competence.

it was certainly not "all about koh tao", and that case is not over anyway. It's still in appeal, isn't it? (Admittedly, I was away for awhile, and may have missed the appeal)

and... of course there are similarities.... to wit....incompetent forensic evidence gathering and use at the time, casting doubts on present evidence gathering and its use.

you are aware, aren't you, that when a court makes a ruling, they often site cases of precedent.... that's all I did..... so... maybe.... you should be the one getting over yourself.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/10/2016 at 11:13 AM, Stardust314 said:

Yes.. thailand is heaven for westerners paedofiles , rapist ,murders...

I presume you also live here in TH or stay often, sometimes? In which category of the above you wrote,

you fit in?  :shock1:

Edited by ALFREDO

Will cost them a bit to get out of this one,but possible for sure...only a Farang dead.

Whats happened about the body in the freezer guys in Bangkok...gone "deathly" quiet hasnt it..no new news for ages..maybe he saved a lot of his criminal enterprise money and has enough to disappear into the horizon !!

On 12/9/2016 at 5:59 PM, geovalin said:

Another source in English that we cannot mention tells the 3 French confessed.

other sources, notably the samui link says they confessed, but it is not clear what they confessed to.  Some text in it says they were involved but nobody is clearly quoted as saying they did the actual shooting.  One for sure seems to have admitted moving the body

On 12/10/2016 at 5:49 AM, gemguy said:

The neighbors, the neighbors.....the nosey neighbors....damn ....forgot about the neighbors

Right then .....Next time have to consider the neighbors before any murdering is done.

Geez...what are people thinking when they purposely murder someone and think they can get away with it so easily.

Cheers

Assume for the moment that the Thais won't care too much, won't put them to trial, etc. since they are not Thai but from another country, i.e. France.  Will or does France or could France bring charges against the French nationals, request extradition I guess back to France for trial?  Can friends or relatives of the dead man file charges in France or in Thailand?

On 10-12-2016 at 0:06 PM, oldsailor35 said:

Apparently  a neighbour saw them putting the body into Georges Mazda pick up .

Hmm, a 'Mazda' pick-up you write, seems you even know which car that 'Georges' is driving, and was caught driving in Donsak.

Also doesn't 'seem' obvious to other posters that the victim's Thai GF (with their kid!) was close to the murder scene and 'witnessed' the argument and the shooting, and that she might be at the origine of the BiBs 'swift and accurate' reaction, otherwise...

As far as I can understand the texto: Mr. Cyrille, the restaurant owner where the murder took place, confesses, but Mr. Yves and Mr. Georges, the suspect of the murder, both deny their involvement, while they both attempted to make a runner (why would they have tried to run away then...?), and Mr. Georges was caught under the known circumstances, in Donsak, driving his pick-up, with blood stains on the loading deck... 

I have no idea who that Mr. Yves might be (nor that Mr. Cyrille, or Mr.Laurent, the victim of the murder).

But that Mr. Georges..., no doubt he denies, as I happen to have heard, he also denied everything about the 'shooting at the OK corral' he held, on his own in the same street (when not at the same restaurant...?) as this murder, a few years ago, emptying the loaded gun he carried, and wounding another Frenchman doing so. He is said to have been briefly 'apprehended' by the BiBs then, after having been into hiding for a brief while, and probably(...?) after having enough time to hide the gun he used, which was never 'found', and, maybe, for the gun powder residues to disappear, when he would have been tested for it, what I don't know about, but I had heard that 'a deal' was made, and as a matter of fact I know that he was never jailed, nor prosecuted...

He also denied any involvement some time earlier when, with the same pick-up truck apparently, he drove an American guest-teacher, a customer of his actually, out of his socks, and, guess what, sped away from the scene, went into hiding, after stashing his damaged pick-up at some shady garage for a quick repair...

Another thing is that a picture of a reconstruction held by the police after Mr. Georges' arrest, published on the 'other paper's' site, shows him holding, when I'm correct(?), a Glock pistol (as owned by many a Thai policeman). I guess it isn't the murder weapon, which, I'm still guessing, will never be found (considering the previous 'shooting at the OK corral' episode), but, oddly, sometime like last year, I met a guy who was a regular customer at Georges' place who told me he had 'fallen in love' with ...Glock pistols, and was trying to 'get' one, weird...

Edited by bangrak

On 10-12-2016 at 9:28 AM, GOLDBUGGY said:

It never ceases to amaze me on how someone who you might consider wise, can do such stupid things. 

I am not throwing out my Guilty Verdict already but it is obvious that Georges had the greatest motive to kill this guy. He also had the opportunity as he admits he was their and helped move the body. To top it off he even brought 2 witnesses who saw him do this. Even if he didn't pull the trigger the witness will say he did to cover there own butts. At the very least say he paid them to kill him. 

I don't know? Maybe he just paid these two other guys to scare him and it got out of hand. But if that was the case he should not have tried to cover it up and if he was forced at gun point to carry the body, he should have contacted the Police the first chance he had.

The way some people act sometimes you would think they don't care if they have to spend the rest of their lives in a Thai Prison.  

We don't know, but what do you do with several sources writing he was having a loud argument with the victim, left during 5 minutes, came back and at once shot the victim in the head, a first shot at point-blank range, and several (is it two or three?) others while the victim was already on the ground... A verdict is for the Court to speak out, but I don't need any more, negative, 'reasonable doubts', ...to stay far away from such a madman, do you...?

8 hours ago, bangrak said:

We don't know, but what do you do with several sources writing he was having a loud argument with the victim, left during 5 minutes, came back and at once shot the victim in the head, a first shot at point-blank range, and several (is it two or three?) others while the victim was already on the ground... A verdict is for the Court to speak out, but I don't need any more, negative, 'reasonable doubts', ...to stay far away from such a madman, do you...?

So how did the bullet hole get in the ceiling? I have seen the photos with the holes and he seemed to be shot from the side in the right cheek several times.

This argument was more than being about a sales commission from what i heard . 

Murder in Maenam Koh Samui, three Frenchmen confess

samm.jpg

SAMUI: -- Three French nationals have confessed to their involvement in the shooting of 44 year old Laurent Lacques Jean Delacherie, also from France.

The shooting took place on Wednesday night at a restaurant in Maenam before the victim was dumped into river, police investigating the case believe the shooting was a result of a business dispute.

George Michel, 65, a restaurateur who operates the La Bonne Franquette restaurant on Walking Street Maenam is suspected of carrying out the shooting. Locally he has a reputation for unpredictable and sometimes violent behaviour and for owning, and shooting guns. The other two suspects are Cyrille Jean Paul Larignon, the owner of the restaurant where the shooting took place and Yves Claude Daniel Climent, both stand accused of helping to dispose of the body near the waterfall in Soi 5 Maenam.

Investigators say that they believe a quarrel erupted in the night of the killing between the victim and Mr Michael, who walked out of the restaurant and returned a few minutes later with a gun, he then allegedly shot Mr Delacherie three times. The trio then allegedly took the body to the waterfall and dropped him into the water. George Michel fled the island the following day taking the Raja Ferry to Donsak where he was apprehended at around 4pm. It has now been reported that all three have confessed to the crime.

Source: http://www.samuitimes.com/murder-in-maenam-koh-samui-three-frenchmen-confess/

samuitimes_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Samui Times 2016-12-14

On 11/12/2016 at 10:13 PM, gk10002000 said:

Assume for the moment that the Thais won't care too much, won't put them to trial, etc. since they are not Thai but from another country, i.e. France.  Will or does France or could France bring charges against the French nationals, request extradition I guess back to France for trial?  Can friends or relatives of the dead man file charges in France or in Thailand?

The crime has been committed on Thai soil, Thai courts are qualified for instructed the case.

One thing is sure, these trio will stay in Thailand for a long time. 

I had a chat with a French 'resident' and business owner on Samui about this murder, a person I do trust, and his story about the circumstances 'possibly' leading to the horrible event are quite 'interpellating', it goes as follows:

Mr. Laurent, the murder victim, as a real-estate broker, was busy marketing a location in 'Soi Koseng', the next one parallel to Soi 4 in Maenam, where Mr. Georges has his restaurant, well situated to operate a food outlet in.

Mr. Laurent had found a client wanting to buy the place, and, as a customer of Mr. Georges' restaurant and bar, and maybe, taking into consideration the violent temper of Mr. Georges, decided to go and inform Mr. Georges that the place was as good as sold.

Mr. Georges would have, the next day, in 'the back of' Mr. Laurent, in a hurry, got in touch with the seller, and made a slightly higher bid than that of Mr. Laurent's client, and closed a deal with the seller to buy his location at once.

So, Mr. Laurent would have lost a business, ...his commission, and probably made his potential client quite unhappy.

The reason for Mr. Laurent to want to meet Mr. Georges would have been to convince Mr. Georges to pay to him the amount of the commission he had lost because of M. Georges' 'a bit unethical' move.

A few more elements thicken the plot: there are two 'suspected' French accomplices in the murder of Mr. Laurent, and the hiding and disposing of his body:

- Mr. Cyrille, the so-called(!) 'owner' of the restaurant where Mr. Laurent was 'allegedly' shot dead by Mr. Georges, ...but it would in reality have been Mr. Georges who would in fact have been buying the location, ...and, also, previously this person, with no work nor income, would have been spending a lot of his his time 'doing jobs' ...for this Mr. Georges at his place and elsewhere, before seemingly being 'set' by Mr. Georges in this new location to open a restaurant at (apparently Mr. Cyrille would be quite a good cook)...

- Mr. Yves, would be of the same category of 'borderline' people wanting to 'make an easy living' in Thailand (without any enployment contract nor work permit?), whose 'main activity' would have been, guess what, ...to do 'small jobs', ...for Mr. Georges!

When my chat pal's story would be correct, it looks to me like Mr. Laurent on this, his last, evening fell in an ambush, at the place he would have sold, when not betrayed by Mr. Georges, where he was expected by two men who strongly depended on Mr. Georges' wimps, and Mr. Georges, with his very(!) violent 'reputation'.

It seems Mr. Laurent had no chance to come out of this 'meeting' without damage... And, when this would be only about the commission on the sale of that location he missed out on, the story would be even more crazy, as my chat pal told me it would have been ...9,000Baht. Enough to die for? I don't know...

The most recent news was that Mr. Cyrille would, still, be confessing about hiding and disposing of Mr. Laurent's dead body,... but that Mr. Georges and Mr. Yves would have 'changed their mind' and would now be denying any involvement, ...and it seems many a French 'resident' on Samui would be getting afraid, no, plain frightened, Mr. Georges could 'buy his way out' of this murder case, ...and be back on the streets of Samui again soon.

-

8 hours ago, than said:

The crime has been committed on Thai soil, Thai courts are qualified for instructed the case.

One thing is sure, these trio will stay in Thailand for a long time. 

I understand the Thais can do something, my question was can the French do something?  I am pretty sure if they were US citizens, the USA could bring charges against regardless of what the Thais do

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I understand the Thais can do something, my question was can the French do something?  I am pretty sure if they were US citizens, the USA could bring charges against regardless of what the Thais do

Ok no problem

French justice has been seized for this case because the victim is French.
The French law stipulates that all deaths of a Frenchman abroad will be the subject of a seizure of the justice and an investigation.

Now that the crime has taken place in Thailand, the French suspects, the French justice will await their return to the national territory (in more than a few years ...) to close the French part of the case.

The embassy can only provide advice (advocates favorably known to the embassy ..) but will not intervene in the debates.

A French judge in Thailand faces the same penalties as a Thai national. To the extent possible, a consular officer will be an observer at trial hearings. However, he can not, under any circumstances, substitute a lawyer for your defense.

France and Thailand are signatories to the bilateral convention of 26 March 1983 on cooperation in the enforcement of criminal convictions.

This agreement allows French nationals sentenced in Thailand to request a transfer to France to complete the execution of their sentence. The application must be filed with the French Embassy in Thailand.
Thai Law B.E 2527 Legislation Procedure for Co-operation between States in the Execution of Panel Sentences specifies that applications for transfer shall be considered only for detainees:
• Not possessing Thai nationality
• Having acquitted or being pardoned for the fine and damages set by the court.
• Not having been convicted of a crime of lese-majeste.
• Having executed 4 years of detention or one third of their sentence (at most favorable for the detainee). This period shall be extended to 8 years for any person sentenced to life imprisonment for an offense against the narcotics legislation.
Furthermore, the Thai authorities will only agree to a transfer if, on the day of the commission, the remaining penalty is more than one year.

I hope I answer to your question

11 hours ago, bangrak said:

I had a chat with a French 'resident' and business owner on Samui about this murder, a person I do trust, and his story about the circumstances 'possibly' leading to the horrible event are quite 'interpellating', it goes as follows:

Mr. Laurent, the murder victim, as a real-estate broker, was busy marketing a location in 'Soi Koseng', the next one parallel to Soi 4 in Maenam, where Mr. Georges has his restaurant, well situated to operate a food outlet in.

Mr. Laurent had found a client wanting to buy the place, and, as a customer of Mr. Georges' restaurant and bar, and maybe, taking into consideration the violent temper of Mr. Georges, decided to go and inform Mr. Georges that the place was as good as sold.

Mr. Georges would have, the next day, in 'the back of' Mr. Laurent, in a hurry, got in touch with the seller, and made a slightly higher bid than that of Mr. Laurent's client, and closed a deal with the seller to buy his location at once.

So, Mr. Laurent would have lost a business, ...his commission, and probably made his potential client quite unhappy.

The reason for Mr. Laurent to want to meet Mr. Georges would have been to convince Mr. Georges to pay to him the amount of the commission he had lost because of M. Georges' 'a bit unethical' move.

A few more elements thicken the plot: there are two 'suspected' French accomplices in the murder of Mr. Laurent, and the hiding and disposing of his body:

- Mr. Cyrille, the so-called(!) 'owner' of the restaurant where Mr. Laurent was 'allegedly' shot dead by Mr. Georges, ...but it would in reality have been Mr. Georges who would in fact have been buying the location, ...and, also, previously this person, with no work nor income, would have been spending a lot of his his time 'doing jobs' ...for this Mr. Georges at his place and elsewhere, before seemingly being 'set' by Mr. Georges in this new location to open a restaurant at (apparently Mr. Cyrille would be quite a good cook)...

- Mr. Yves, would be of the same category of 'borderline' people wanting to 'make an easy living' in Thailand (without any enployment contract nor work permit?), whose 'main activity' would have been, guess what, ...to do 'small jobs', ...for Mr. Georges!

When my chat pal's story would be correct, it looks to me like Mr. Laurent on this, his last, evening fell in an ambush, at the place he would have sold, when not betrayed by Mr. Georges, where he was expected by two men who strongly depended on Mr. Georges' wimps, and Mr. Georges, with his very(!) violent 'reputation'.

It seems Mr. Laurent had no chance to come out of this 'meeting' without damage... And, when this would be only about the commission on the sale of that location he missed out on, the story would be even more crazy, as my chat pal told me it would have been ...9,000Baht. Enough to die for? I don't know...

The most recent news was that Mr. Cyrille would, still, be confessing about hiding and disposing of Mr. Laurent's dead body,... but that Mr. Georges and Mr. Yves would have 'changed their mind' and would now be denying any involvement, ...and it seems many a French 'resident' on Samui would be getting afraid, no, plain frightened, Mr. Georges could 'buy his way out' of this murder case, ...and be back on the streets of Samui again soon.

-

So to recap your very reliable information. 

Mr Georges shot Mr laurent. 

Mr yves and Mr Cyril helped to dispose of the body. 

They will be in prison for a very long time and it is highly unlikely Mr Georges can buy his way out of this one anytime soon. 

Those people on that island just have too much time for dreaming up their fantasies with no relevance to the case. 

Wait for it!!!!! Aaarrrrgghhhh  the village mafia is going to pay 100 million to get Georges out and blame Mr Cyril. :post-4641-1156694572:

The murderer and accomplice were really stupid because it was obvious that they would be accused and arrested in a very short time. To commit or assist in a murder knowing that you'll be caught in a day or two shows how short of brain matter they are.

15 hours ago, bangrak said:

-

Thanks for your detailed update.

I'm aware of the location of George Michel's restaurant – being occasionally a client, and only know George from his kind polite side – but the actual shooting took place at another french, but unnamed restaurant in Maenam; is that one on Soi 4..?
And the mentioned french restaurant at soi Koseng, don't think there are that many possibilities, so must be a fairly newly opened one, or..?

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

I'm aware of the location of George Michel's restaurant – being occasionally a client, and only know George from his kind polite side – but the actual shooting took place at another french, but unnamed restaurant in Maenam; is that one on Soi 4..?
And the mentioned french restaurant at soi Koseng, don't think there are that many possibilities, so must be a fairly newly opened one, or..?

According to what my French 'contact' had told me, the shooting took place at that restaurant in Soi Koseng, the one so-called 'owned' by Mr. Cyrille, while it would in fact have been bought by Mr. Georges, and it would be located about the level (in Soi Koseng) of the back Mr. Georges' 'La bonne Franquette' restaurant (which front is in Soi 4), when so, I'd say it'd then be at or around the place where there briefly was, in my days out in Maenam town, a pub called 'the Spirit House', when that'd ring a bell.

9 minutes ago, bangrak said:

According to what my French 'contact' had told me, the shooting took place at that restaurant in Soi Koseng, the one so-called 'owned' by Mr. Cyrille, while it would in fact have been bought by Mr. Georges, and it would be located about the level (in Soi Koseng) of the back Mr. Georges' 'La bonne Franquette' restaurant (which front is in Soi 4), when so, I'd say it'd then be at or around the place where there briefly was, in my days out in Maenam town, a pub called 'the Spirit House', when that'd ring a bell.

Thanks, and no, Spirit House do not instantly ring a bell for me, but I'm not a frequent pub guest. I asked, because some locals talked about soi 4 – which is the soi leading to the temple, the opposite side towards the beach, which side is where Georges' restaurant is, has no soi-number, and is normally referred to as "opposite soi 4", or "soi pier" from old time, the old Koh Phangan ferry still lands there, or "soi 7-eleven" when that was on the corner, today maybe referred to as "soi Walking Street"; just like you call the next soi for "soi Koseng" after the ice factory and restaurant. There is also some French business up soi 4.

11 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Thanks, and no, Spirit House do not instantly ring a bell for me, but I'm not a frequent pub guest. I asked, because some locals talked about soi 4 – which is the soi leading to the temple, the opposite side towards the beach, which side is where Georges' restaurant is, has no soi-number, and is normally referred to as "opposite soi 4", or "soi pier" from old time, the old Koh Phangan ferry still lands there, or "soi 7-eleven" when that was on the corner, today maybe referred to as "soi Walking Street"; just like you call the next soi for "soi Koseng" after the ice factory and restaurant. There is also some French business up soi 4.

OK, OK, sorry then, please correct my post, my mistake: Georges' 'La Bonne Franquette' restaurant's front is not on Maenam Soi 4, but on Soi 'opposite Soi 4' = 'Soi Pier'. Thank you

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

In french press, they name the restaurant  ( owner Cyrille Larignon) ,  where all this happened : " Le Jardin des envies"

2 hours ago, bangrak said:

OK, OK, sorry then, please correct my post, my mistake: Georges' 'La Bonne Franquette' restaurant's front is not on Maenam Soi 4, but on Soi 'opposite Soi 4' = 'Soi Pier'. Thank you

Sorry, it was not to correct you, merely to explain myself when talking about another French restaurant at soi 4...:smile:

4 hours ago, Opl said:

In french press, they name the restaurant  ( owner Cyrille Larignon) ,  where all this happened : " Le Jardin des envies"

Thanks for your information. That's in soi Koseng. The former "Rung's Thai Food", that changed owner some few month back. The old name in the sign was instantly removed, but a new only came up a few weeks ago – think it was about a month ago they re-opened after some small changes. It's same side as Koseng, so not backyard of Georges' restaurant, but close to same distance from the Ring Road. The restaurant is still open for business, as per this market-day evening.

It's actually that house I was just about to lease some 10-years ago, as I needed more space – it was a Thai owner then and reasonable rent, but I instead preferred something not direct out to a trafficked road – don't know if the house has been sold, or it's still a rental, and only the business is traded. There has been a few renters/owners during the past decade.

On 12/9/2016 at 6:11 PM, riverhigh said:

Now that's what I call multi-tasking: running a restaurant and performing body disposal services.  From my reliable sources, the moving and concealing of body was included in the daily dinner special. In this case he was just helping a friend in need. A totally reasonable explanation that the police should accept.

I hope to never make your acquaintance after that single post. Not funny in the slightest in the wake of a murder over money, and a subsequent cover-up.

This is a serious crime and abhorrent behavior. Too flippant a post IMHO, dark humor not warranted.

If the victim were a family member would you appreciate it?

RIP to the victim.

All this tragedy for men presumably just seeking a life of ease in paradise.

Edited by ding
clarify; to whom the RIP was meant for.

• 2 months later...