Which is your favorite Pattaya shopping center?

Sarahg

I don't know about favorite, I shop on a needs must basis and mostly end up in Tesco on Nua, easier to get to as I live North of town. I too was recently in The Harbour Mall  as there are some shops there which means I don't have to go to the awful l place Tuk-Com on Tai. Now and again I use Harbor Mall in Laem Chabang, easier to drive a car to,

Edited by jacko45k

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were in Central yesterday to meet up  with some friends and it was packed to the brim.

I had difficulties parking my scooter and suspect the car parking was loaded to capacity as well.

I don't enjoy it when so many people there, better on weekdays.

I never heard about Ocean Marina in Na Jomtien? Well the Marina where the yachts are moored is it nearby?

On 12/16/2016 at 3:44 PM, lemel said:

Then surely they could do that in Bangkok at the weekend, then they would not have to travel to Pattaya to shop? just a thought!

During the week it's a pain to get to a mall in Bangkok. 

You're right about traffic in the weekend, it eases somewhat, but then it will be difficult to park your car under the mall because everyone has been listeneing to your advice. :sorry:

During the week it's a pain to get to a mall in Bangkok. 
You're right about traffic in the weekend, it eases somewhat, but then it will be difficult to park your car under the mall because everyone has been listeneing to your advice. :sorry:

The BTS works well in Bangkok and directly connects to Emporium, Emquartier, Term 21, Central Embassy, Central Chitlom, CentralWorld, Siam Square, Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery, MBK, Silom Complex.....

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The BTS works well in Bangkok and directly connects to Emporium, Emquartier, Term 21, Central Embassy, Central Chitlom, CentralWorld, Siam Square, Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery, MBK, Silom Complex.....

Yeahhhhh but Brewster.......the BTS is for ordinary people.

"We didn't buy an expensive car to go by public transport"

Of course you're right.....plenty of good opportunities to get around. 

Central Marina (2nd road/soi 3) has opened today and is an oasis for foodies. The mall is made up of 2 indoor complexes with all the shops you are accustomed to (Starbucks, McD, Shabushi, etc.).

Notable is the absence of free public seating unless you are consuming. Although there's a food court (Food Park) in the mall and a smaller food court in the Big C supermarket. I hope someone posts better photos ;) . 

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00009.jpg

Image00010.jpg

3 hours ago, Sarahg said:

Central Marina (2nd road/soi 3) has opened today and is an oasis for foodies. The mall is made up of 2 indoor complexes with all the shops you are accustomed to (Starbucks, McD, Shabushi, etc.).

Notable is the absence of free public seating unless you are consuming. Although there's a food court (Food Park) in the mall and a smaller food court in the Big C supermarket. I hope someone posts better photos ;) . 

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00009.jpg

Image00010.jpg

Nice photos. We were there today, too, and were very impressed with what they accomplished with the renovation in such a short time.  Nice variety of restaurants and 4 bank branches, I think.  Big C is still being worked on but so far looks better, too.

Yep, wife and I too went to Ocean Marina and had lunch at a Japanese restaurant and it was delicious for total 410 baht. We got 50 baht knocked off as my wife got a membership card, so was originally 460.
I find the renovation quite tastefully done so we will be back often as we live in north Pattaya.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Checking it out more. It's the hot Bangkok style mall in town for sure! The food court to the side is definitely best in town. More restaurants will be opening including another brand of Korean fried chicken that isn't Bonchon and also a huge Sichuan restaurant. Was hoping for gourmet dim sum and maybe better Mexican. Oh well.

It's such a shame its not a BigC extra, much better offerings from them.

It there actually 2 buildings? Looks like children's playground on one photo?

We were in a hurry today and didn't really had time to take it all in, but we will be back soon.

Taxis/Songtaew are gonna make a killing if people keep confusing and calling this 'old' Central "Ocean Marina'

How much is round trip to Jomtien these days?

Doesn't help that before Central on beach road/soi 9 opened this place use to be called 'Central Festival' and they have since moved the name over

I have just arrived Central Marina and after spending 2 hours in here I can already now say it will become a success compared to Harbor mall. Not as big , only 2 floors but plenty of shops around.
And if you want to eat or just have a decent cup of coffee I can recommend Cafe Thirty-Five, next to the main entrance. I am impressed by their selection of both western and Thai dishes (both Thai and Australian beef on the menu) , and before the New Year you'll get 20% off on all food and drinks.
And the lady manager is just great , she speaks perfect English and is very sevice minded. You can't go wrong here.

One caveat. It's the new bright shiny object and of course it was totally packed yesterday. There wasn't even one seat available in the to the side more budget priced food court hall (which like I said, looks fantastic). It's doubtful it will be that packed indefinitely, but be prepared.

I wanted to buy a little knick knack at that cool new Japanese store Komonoya and there was a long messy queue just to do that. 

https://www.facebook.com/KOMONOYASHOP/

Setting the bar high for the eventual opening of nearby Terminal 21 Pattaya but of course no doubt Terminal 21 will be up to the challenge!

Fewer and fewer reasons to go to Bangkok these days. Pattaya, Bangkok by the sea, but without decent high speed public transport. Oh well!

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, balo said:

I have just arrived Central Marina and after spending 2 hours in here I can already now say it will become a success compared to Harbor mall. Not as big , only 2 floors but plenty of shops around.
And if you want to eat or just have a decent cup of coffee I can recommend Cafe Thirty-Five, next to the main entrance. I am impressed by their selection of both western and Thai dishes (both Thai and Australian beef on the menu) , and before the New Year you'll get 20% off on all food and drinks.
And the lady manager is just great , she speaks perfect English and is very sevice minded. You can't go wrong here.

Agreed on Central Marina versus Harbor Mall, Central Marina looks very nice inside with high ceilings and you can from the ground floor see what shops are on 1st floor, it's a much more pleasant experience to walk around inside C.M. compared to Harbor M that is actually horrible with those long narrow walkways.

On 12/19/2016 at 7:42 PM, Jingthing said:

Checking it out more. It's the hot Bangkok style mall in town for sure! The food court to the side is definitely best in town. More restaurants will be opening including another brand of Korean fried chicken that isn't Bonchon and also a huge Sichuan restaurant. Was hoping for gourmet dim sum and maybe better Mexican. Oh well.

Food court best ? And why ? I haven't seen anything interesting !

On 12/19/2016 at 10:26 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

It's such a shame its not a BigC extra, much better offerings from them.

It there actually 2 buildings? Looks like children's playground on one photo?

We were in a hurry today and didn't really had time to take it all in, but we will be back soon.

They have some of the bigC extra food, especially the best frozen dishes found in Thailand that are of course from France, and I guess that they will offer more imported food soon.

All bigC will end being BigC extra, but we need more farangs everywhere in Thailand to get more good imported food which is hopefully not shit UK and US food...

43 minutes ago, amjamj said:

Food court best ? And why ? I haven't seen anything interesting !

Oh well!

I had a much closer look at it tonight. In fact, I ate there.

Upon closer examination, it's not quite as wonderful as my first impression, but still clearly the best in town for a budget priced food court.

The criteria I use are offering some foods not normally found in local budget food courts, and also that with the more typical foods, better quality.

A highlight for me right away was the Lanna food stall. Not only varieities of Khao soi but also a complete Lanna set offer, and an unusual (for Pattaya) Lanna spicy pork with rice noodles. I had the latter. It was excellent and only 50 baht.

Wanting some more food, I did find it wasn't that easy to find something that looked that great to me. As this mall is a schlep for me coming from Jomtien, I want something more special there. I settled on the Chinese food stall with roast duck. Full plate for 160 baht. It was quite a bit better (I think) than the chain roast duck stall at Central Pattaya beach (same chain other places). Especially the side sauce offerings. 

There are some higher price stalls there with Japanese and Korean, for example. 

My other feeling upon closer impression is that the food court isn't big enough. Wishing there were about 50 percent more stalls, with wider, more unusual choices. Of course there is that other new fabulous building there with lots of casual food offerings there as well. Wouldn't exactly call that a food court though. Kind of a hybrid concept. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Oh well!

I had a much closer look at it tonight. In fact, I ate there.

Upon closer examination, it's not quite as wonderful as my first impression, but still clearly the best in town for a budget priced food court.

The criteria I use are offering some foods not normally found in local budget food courts, and also that with the more typical foods, better quality.

A highlight for me right away was the Lanna food stall. Not only varieities of Khao soi but also a complete Lanna set offer, and an unusual (for Pattaya) Lanna spicy pork with rice noodles. I had the latter. It was excellent and only 50 baht.

Wanting some more food, I did find it wasn't that easy to find something that looked that great to me. As this mall is a schlep for me coming from Jomtien, I want something more special there. I settled on the Chinese food stall with roast duck. Full plate for 160 baht. It was quite a bit better (I think) than the chain roast duck stall at Central Pattaya beach (same chain other places). Especially the side sauce offerings. 

There are some higher price stalls there with Japanese and Korean, for example. 

My other feeling upon closer impression is that the food court isn't big enough. Wishing there were about 50 percent more stalls, with wider, more unusual choices. Of course there is that other new fabulous building there with lots of casual food offerings there as well. Wouldn't exactly call that a food court though. Kind of a hybrid concept. 

Not better than Central food court of course.

And no Vietnamese food there, again !

A number of posts and quoted replies have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:48 AM, johng said:

19th of December

15442288_1837628219841974_3816595004286636169_n.jpg

seems I was confused abut the location  when I said  there was only Starbucks.. the Central marina is located at the building previously called

Central Festival Center or Big C north Pattaya

Went there today, what a crap shopping centre. The top level is phone shops, IT shops & the overpriced sports store.

The lower level has mainly the same shops as previously except with the addition of the food park.

We got our cards for food but we were driven out before we could purchase by this screeching bitch on a microphone that they could hear in Central Beach Rd. I asked them to turn down the volume but got a blank stare, bye bye Central Marina

I think it is a very ordinary shopping centre, the only saving grace will be the Big C when that is finished for the folks in North Pattaya.

Happy to be away from there.

You didn't even mention that totally new large hall in the front that is all about food. 

There are indeed new stores in this mall, and more to come as well. 

I'm with the, I love the new Marina mall brigade, but find the overplaying of the Japanese theme a bit much. There is a mall in Bangkok like that, almost all Japanese places mostly for Thais. 

Another thing I noticed is that at least so far, the focus of this new mall is mostly towards Thais as opposed to Central Pattaya Beach which is clearly a much bigger foreign tourist play. 

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You didn't even mention that totally new large hall in the front that is all about food. 

There are indeed new stores in this mall, and more to come as well. 

I'm with the, I love the new Marina mall brigade, but find the overplaying of the Japanese theme a bit much. There is a mall in Bangkok like that, almost all Japanese places mostly for Thais. 

Another thing I noticed is that at least so far, the focus of this new mall is mostly towards Thais as opposed to Central Pattaya Beach which is clearly a much bigger foreign tourist play. 

The whole place was far too noisy for me with the loud piped music & the shrills of the ladies flogging whatever outside every second shop. I really was happy to leave but respect everyone's alternative opinion.

Just expressing my point of view about the place, couldn't get out quick enough.