Obama "vows retaliation" against Russia

rooster59

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Truth. You're a funny one. 

Never the topic of the post only the poster.  Is that a rule with you? The information gleaned from the DNC could have been had by any 12 year old with a free key logger program available on the net for the past 10 years.  Hardly spy stuff.  Don't believe me.  Google, "Best Free Keylogger."  And you too can gain access to any Democratic files of any boob dumb enough to click on a phising link.:saai:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, wajuc said:

Never the topic of the post only the poster.  Is that a rule with you? The information gleaned from the DNC could have been had by any 12 year old with a free key logger program available on the net for the past 10 years.  Hardly spy stuff.  Don't believe me.  Google, "Best Free Keylogger."  And you too can gain access to any Democratic files of any boob dumb enough to click on a phising link.:saai:

Not interested in getting into the gutter with you. "New" guy. Ignore list. Bye. 

Edited by Jingthing

trump, president or Putin's poodle?

Surely, there must be some kind of IMPEACHABLE offence here.

Another article headline I saw summed this up starkly --

Democrats and the USA 

vs.

Trump and Putin

You can see why trump hates the New York Times. They've got his number. New Yorkers know the con man best. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/17/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-the-russian-poodle.html

Donald Trump: The Russian Poodle

Let’s be clear: This was an attack on America, less lethal than a missile but still profoundly damaging to our system. It’s not that Trump and Putin were colluding to steal an election. But if the C.I.A. is right, Russia apparently was trying to elect a president who would be not a puppet exactly but perhaps something of a lap dog — a Russian poodle.

This is not only about Tillerson just as the 1972 break-in was not only about the Watergate building complex. This is about the integrity of American democracy and whether a foreign dictator should be rewarded for attacking the United States. It is about whether we are led by a president or a poodle.

impeachtrump.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

trump, president or Putin's poodle?

Surely, there must be some kind of IMPEACHABLE offence here.

Another article headline I saw summed this up starkly --

Democrats and the USA 

vs.

Trump and Putin

You can see why trump hates the New York Times. They've got his number. New Yorkers know the con man best. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/17/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-the-russian-poodle.html

impeachtrump.jpg

Get over it for crying out loud, worse than my little granddaughter.

Why does trump trust Putin more than the U.S. intelligence agencies that ALL agree Russia messed with the the U.S. election? Something is really, really wrong here.:post-4641-1156693976:

A specter of treason hovers over Donald Trump. He has brought it on himself by dismissing a bipartisan call for an investigation of Russia’s hacking of the Democratic National Committee as a “ridiculous” political attack on the legitimacy of his election as president.

Seventeen US national intelligence agencies have unanimously concluded that Russia engaged in cyberwarfare against the US presidential campaign. The lead agency, the CIA, has reached the further conclusion that Russia’s hacking was intended to influence the election in favor of Trump.

In light of these circumstances, Trump should seek to clear the air by endorsing the proposed investigation of the Russian hacking scandal. For him to continue to deny Russia’s cyberattack and resist the investigation invites a specter of treason to hover over the president-elect.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2016/12/16/trump-raises-specter-treason/zdwgXRuJBMChEXmX5kchhP/story.html

Edited by Jingthing

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's not so much the spying by Russia which is expected, but the WEAPONIZING of the information gained from spying done by Russia to specifically help one candidate win the election over another. 

I don't think the weaponizing had any effect on the election, most people already knew how incompetent and corrupt Hillary and her associates are.

If people are going to complain, perhaps it should be, about Obama letting it happen under his watch. But, after 8 years, how can anyone expect him to take responsibility, he would probably just blame GW.

Anyway, given Obama's track record on red lines in the sand, etc. I doubt Putin is losing any sleep.

2 minutes ago, beechguy said:

I don't think the weaponizing had any effect on the election, most people already knew how incompetent and corrupt Hillary and her associates are.

If people are going to complain, perhaps it should be, about Obama letting it happen under his watch. But, after 8 years, how can anyone expect him to take responsibility, he would probably just blame GW.

Anyway, given Obama's track record on red lines in the sand, etc. I doubt Putin is losing any sleep.

The dishonest MSM put out just as much propaganda as the Russians did. At least the Wikileaks stuff was accurate. You can't say that about the Huffington Post and the New York Tines.

5 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

The dishonest MSM put out just as much propaganda as the Russians did. At least the Wikileaks stuff was accurate. You can't say that about the Huffington Post and the New York Tines.

I agree. This is really just another example of how pathetic Hillary and the DNC are.Trying to come up with any excuse for losing, they should simply try looking in the mirror. Again, Putin and the rest of the world has ran circles around Obama and Hillary, no need to be concerned now.

15 hours ago, CharlieK said:

Rubbish! US democracy was/is ruined by the politicians. This whole fiasco is about the Hilary emails, not about Russia trying to interfere with the vote.

Obama says as much in this press release. Having told Putin to cut it out back in September, Obama says they did not see any interference in the election, though the emails were already released into the public domain.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38349989

Hilary's emails were part of the fiasco.  It's all tied together, with Russia at the center of it.  I think they are being cautions about saying Russia did this to influence the elections.  If proven, this is a really big deal and will have wide ranging consequences.  Though I doubt it will ever be proven.  Though it has been proven Russia hacked the DNC servers.  No denying that.

I don't see anywhere in that article where Obama says Russia didn't try to interfere with the vote.  Quite the opposite actually.  He only mentioned hampering the vote counting process, the technical side of the elections.  Not trying to influence the elections.  Huge difference.

27 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Hilary's emails were part of the fiasco.  It's all tied together, with Russia at the center of it.  I think they are being cautions about saying Russia did this to influence the elections.  If proven, this is a really big deal and will have wide ranging consequences.  Though I doubt it will ever be proven.  Though it has been proven Russia hacked the DNC servers.  No denying that.

I don't see anywhere in that article where Obama says Russia didn't try to interfere with the vote.  Quite the opposite actually.  He only mentioned hampering the vote counting process, the technical side of the elections.  Not trying to influence the elections.  Huge difference.

Agreed. However, I just do not see why the Russians would prefer Trump to Hillary. He is bound to take a harder line than someone running as the "third term of Obama."

3 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Agreed. However, I just do not see why the Russians would prefer Trump to Hillary. He is bound to take a harder line than someone running as the "third term of Obama."

Not when Putin's grip is on the handle of the vice whose jaws are squeezing Trump's nuts.

9 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Trump has big business interests there.  The Exxon guy he hired is looking to make a windfall if sanctions are lifted.  Too many vested interests with Trump and too many lies already!  P.S. I don't like Hillary either!

http://time.com/4433880/donald-trump-ties-to-russia/

Donald Trump’s Many, Many, Many, Many Ties to Russia

The truth, as several columnists and reporters have painstakingly shown since the first hack of a Clinton-affiliated group took place in late May or early June, is that several of Trump’s businesses outside of Russia are entangled with Russian financiers inside Putin’s circle.

On 12/17/2016 at 8:37 AM, daveAustin said:

Lol, no nuts Barry having a go at Putin... sort of like David and Goliath (Barry being the former). :smile:

No nuts? Really. I think President Obama showed having "brass" when he sent our troops into Pakistan to kill Bin-laden. And he was very "quiet" about it too.

On 12/17/2016 at 10:47 AM, Opl said:

It's disturbing to notice that Trump supporters would rather back Putin than Obama in this case. 

D. Trump will not be only POTUS, as Commander in chief you would expect him to raise his concern at the appropriate level, it's not just about himself and his ego, it's about America.

But as many of his supporters constantly reply : he won and that's all.

They are not "supporters." They are defenders.... Mostly unwilling to look at facts e.g. Dow went from 7000+ to 1100+ and unemployment went from 7 or 8% to 4. But just keep the lies coming... It's really laughable that the biggest liar is not called out. Don't expect the republican lambs to do it however. 

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

from the link above : " But it should be obvious to anyone trying to pay attention to these moving targets that Trump is saying one thing and doing something else. When it comes to Trump and Russia, the truth may take awhile to emerge."

In other times this only would disqualify D. Trump from being  for instance US Amabassador to Russia.

But as POTUS who cares  now?

Edited by Opl

3 minutes ago, Opl said:

from the link above : " But it should be obvious to anyone trying to pay attention to these moving targets that Trump is saying one thing and doing something else. When it comes to Trump and Russia, the truth may take awhile to emerge."

In other times this only would disqualify D. Trump from being  for instance US Amabassador to Russia.

But as POTUS who cares  now?

Luckily, many care.  It will be an interesting 4 years.

On 12/17/2016 at 11:39 AM, Linzz said:

Obama said it best that he talk directly to Putin over his concerns about Russian interference. Obama said he told Putin to "cut it out".  Glad to see the President of the United States stand up and make things crystal clear. I imagine Putin went back to his wife quite upset.

I don't, I bet he found it difficult to hide his smirk!!

Not interested in getting into the gutter with you. "New" guy. Ignore list. Bye. 

Loses argument, puts on ignore.

Typical liberal.

What is bizarre though.Surely libs should like Russia and despise Saudi - but it's the other way round.

Also, shouldnt libs love the truth.

The leaks laid bare Hillarys conspiracy against Bernie and her assorted other dirty tricks. Yet they cannot even discuss this.

Cognitive dissonance en masse

Bottom line. The leaks/hacks were naughty but the content has not been refuted and what they revealed was what did the damage.

Still - just more blaming the source, not the content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

I don't, I bet he found it difficult to hide his smirk!!

Who would not when D. Trump declared " It could be Russia but it could be China, could also be lots of other people. It could be someone sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds,”

It still does not seem important to D. Trump to know who did it,

Putin , and Xi, and any overweight nerd  are delighted

Edited by Opl

He's doing the right thing in raising the profile of the issue but it won't change much.

It makes no sense for Trump or his supporters to use the logic that the Russians backed the right side so interfering in an election through hacking and publishing fake news was inconsequential.  

It is hard to place related to what the US should do next--seek to prevent foreign influence in the future, maybe?--but simply thanking Russia for the support is absurd.

5 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You need to watch the video to hear him say it.

39 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

When - prior to Trump's victory - he addressed allegations that Russian hacking could be benefiting Clinton, he stated that the election was not centralized; consequently, hacking could only have a miniscule effect upon the results.

Got ya.  I think this took everybody by surprise.  And he was right.  The actual election process was not hacked (voting machines, etc).  But a propaganda campaign took place and was highly effective.  Russia is probably the best in the world with regards to propaganda.  It's how they keep their people under control.