Men removed from JetBlue flight with Ivanka Trump aboard

webfact

2 hours ago, beechguy said:

He wasn't arrested, just removed from the flight and put on another one. I don't recommend creating a disturbance on an airplane, even a verbal one.

I know he was not arrested. Another poster claims he should have been, I think there were no grounds, hence my post.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I know he was not arrested. Another poster claims he should have been, I think there were no grounds, hence my post.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't think it would have been worth the effort, and it's difficult to know how aggressive the person was, or if the situation would have escalated. As I stated before, airports and aircraft aren't the best places for this type of behavior.

Edited by beechguy

1 hour ago, kamahele said:

Let's put this into context. The daughter of a crazed, psychotic billionaire who has promised to stack the supreme court explicitly to take away the right to marry from gay people was flying on a budget carrier and there was supposed to be some sort of expectation to privacy and protection from citizens expressing their anger? Don't think so.  As for Obama's children, they are minors not middle age adults who campaigned for their father.

That would only be the context between your ears. It wasn't just Ivanka, she had her children with her.

Time and place for everything, I just don't recommend airports or airplanes.

7 minutes ago, beechguy said:

Thanks for the clarification. I don't think it would have been worth the effort, it's difficult to know how aggressive the person was, or if the situation would have escalated.

Agree, which is why I understand the decision to remove him from the flight. To me end of story there, it really does not warrant an arrest or a big stink from their side.

Seems to be a learning curve with Donald Trump and his family.  As if they don't quite grasp that he actually won.  Listening to Don on the Thank You Tour, he's still grappling with it himself. 

You can stand on principal and insist on doing things you always did before.  The Secret Service had to of advised against this open, public travel, in cattle class no less, but they did it anyway and didn't even make it through the airport without the predictable result. 

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Ah, so don't liking somebody else on the plane is an airport security violation.

No, aggressive behavior is. Moreover, if someone's behavior may be dangerous during the flight.

In case of someone is under mental treatment or just under influence of alcohol the airliner has a sole right to refuse the passenger. This regulation has come into force without examining the political ideas. 

Grammatical mistakes are not considered as violation of airport security :)

28 minutes ago, Honthy said:

No, aggressive behavior is. Moreover, if someone's behavior may be dangerous during the flight.

In case of someone is under mental treatment or just under influence of alcohol the airliner has a sole right to refuse the passenger. This regulation has come into force without examining the political ideas. 

Please read my earlier posts on this.

22 minutes ago, Davehappen said:

Ah, the sins of the father.

Both Jared and Ivanka have already been very active in the upcoming trump regime. They are both legitimate political public figures. That doesn't mean personal harassment is OK fro anti-trumpists or trumpists. 

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Agree, which is why I understand the decision to remove him from the flight. To me end of story there, it really does not warrant an arrest or a big stink from their side.

Agreed, the removal was appropriate, and also honestly Ivanka and Jared should face the reality that they are public political figures, and flying coach for them may be as absurd as Donald flying coach. 

3 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Trump could care less about gay marriage. He has said that it is OK with him. That has nothing to do with this incident at all.

Total B.S.

Many of his top picks have long records of atrocious anti-gay civil rights policies.

The republican platform is the most anti-gay in American history.

His VICE president has a more atrociously anti-gay record of any VP in American history.

He may not personally have a problem with gay people, but he is going to be president and is under legitimate scrutiny for his picks.

He doesn't have the power to kill gay marriage.

The supreme court does.

He has promised to the Christian fundamentalist right wing that he will pick far right wing Supreme Court judges, that are politically like SCALIA.

Scalia was against marriage equality. So he has promised to pick judges that wil have the power to overturn marriage equality as will be, if he keeps his promise as is likely, ideologically aligned with SCALIA. 

3 hours ago, dageurreotype said:

I've yet to see the designated 'husband' of a gay couple refer to his SO as his 'wife'. Why's that then? Could it be that that would finally point up the ridiculous?

Two gay men. Two husbands. What kind of homophobic agenda are you pushing? 

3 hours ago, impulse said:

From the OP:

Lasner tweeted earlier that his husband was chasing the couple down in the terminal "to harass them."

That's a pretty textbook example of stalking.

Yeah, it was pretty stupid thing to tweet about.

So one stupid tweet for him, and THOUSANDS for president elect trump. 

1 hour ago, Honthy said:

The person was not arrested. The airline exercising its authority under any Aviation Security Law to deny a person carriage is nowhere near the standard for violations of criminal or civil law. Since it is clear that no criminal law was violated, since he was not charged, then the only way to clarify this is for him to sue the airline for violating his first amendment rights and let the court system decide which takes precedence.

The aviation industry now tends to take itself way too seriously and flight attendants on US Carriers seem to be on a constant power fix to make up for their drab lives shuttling between undesirable locations. A good dose of training in customer service would have enabled this situation to be dealt with.

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, it was pretty stupid thing to tweet about.

So one stupid tweet for him, and THOUSANDS for president elect trump. 

Mel Brooks said it. (History of the World Part 1, I think)  It's good to be King...

21 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

And a high percentage of the world's population.

But not th majority. The majority support marriage equality and LGBT rights.

Public opinion in the United States shows majority support for the legal recognition of same-sex marriage. This support has remained above 50% consistently in opinion polls since 2010,[1] after having increased steadily for more than a decade

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_opinion_of_same-sex_marriage_in_the_United_States

You may remain on the wrong side of history as a self declared bigot but eventually your hate speech will have consequences. I look forward to the day that such people are muzzled and have to face consequences for such crap.

Just now, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

But not th majority. The majority support marriage equality and LGBT rights.

Public opinion in the United States shows majority support for the legal recognition of same-sex marriage. This support has remained above 50% consistently in opinion polls since 2010,[1] after having increased steadily for more than a decade

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_opinion_of_same-sex_marriage_in_the_United_States

You may remain on the wrong side of history as a self declared bigot but eventually your hate speech will have consequences. I look forward to the day that such people are muzzled and have to face consequences for such crap.

In the U.S. yes but I doubt globally when you factor in Africa, Russia, China, etc.