TrueVisions May Stop Showing HBO, Cinemax Sunday

webfact

TrueVisions May Stop Showing HBO, Cinemax Sunday

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter -

GOT.jpg

Promotional image from HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones.’

BANGKOK — Winter may never actually come for “Game of Thrones” fans in Thailand next year after the kingdom’s leading cable provider said it will drop HBO along with five other channels.

On Sunday, TrueVisions will drop six channels, including all of HBO’s channels and Cinemax, due to unspecified business issues, according to a member of the national telecommunications commission.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2016/12/26/truevisions-may-stop-showing-hbo-cinemax-sunday/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-26

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the past they have dropped quality channels, I assume because they don't want to pay anymore, for something that looks like free to air. Yet, they never offer a price reduction. If this story proves to be true then it signals they  are going rapidly downhill.

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

due to unspecified business issues

i.e. no customers, business is not doing well and soon cable

operators like them will be phased out if they don't up their game

and give the paying viewers what they want, not what the bosses

think they should be given.....

1 hour ago, webfact said:

On Sunday, TrueVisions will drop six channels, including all of HBO’s channels and Cinemax, due to unspecified business issues, according to a member of the national telecommunications commission.

Who can no longer be reached for a comment and true themselves have yet to announce anything. 

Someone looking for for more twitter hits blabbed too soon? 

Social media self obsessiveness at its finest

Edited by Bluespunk

22 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Wow if this is True (no pun intended) then this really scu*s as our Internet here is too slow for iPTV and thus not an real alternative :sad:

Torrents and newsgroups will get you your shows too.. you can download them in the evening. Sure it takes a bit more planning. There are boxes that show downloaded movies on your tv.

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

Torrents and newsgroups will get you your shows too.. you can download them in the evening. Sure it takes a bit more planning. There are boxes that show downloaded movies on your tv.

Actually you do not need a box as most TV's will play what you put on a memory stick.  The box allows you to cast from computer without the need to transfer to a memory stick but is not required.

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually you do not need a box as most TV's will play what you put on a memory stick.  The box allows you to cast from computer without the need to transfer to a memory stick but is not required.

Correct, I just find it easier to have everything on an networkharddisk or NAS drive so even when the computer is off its available. But yes your right if you want you can do it with a USB stick too. 

32 minutes ago, robblok said:

Thanks and good idea but an added Bonus (again no pun intended ;) ) for living in the Sticks is that Internet is sometimes down for days on end (longest time it was down was almost 2 weeks), and unfortunately no alternatives available (except for 3G :saai:)

Best thing I did was ditch them well over a year ago. With UK TV from an android box at the fraction of the price. True, UBC and whatever it is/was called is not missed. In fact I save 100 percent on what I was paying. A truly awful monopoly which sadly is the case with many businesses here.

True Visions to stop HBO channel
By The Nation

1705bbae781f2fde5cb333db6eb90980.jpeg

True Visions plans to stop airing 6 movie channels including HBO from January 1, 2017, according to Supinya Klangnarong, a member of the National Telecommunications and Broadcasting Commission.

In her tweets, Supinya said that the cable TV operator asked for the regulatory body's approval, citing complications in a business deal. It promised to find replacements. The NBTC meeting will be convened this afternoon. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30302866

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-12-26

OHHH! really?  Some one must have asked for some form of payment, What A rip off True pay tv is. Most content is free. But True charge a fortune to watch aged garbage. Absolute non sensible junk!!  The owners are so full of greed it's unbelievable. All ready in control of Thailand and other world parts. GREED  seems to prevail.

I'll be OK for the next 6 months. I've been accorded a 30% reduction on my Platinum package for the next 6 months. No need to ask for the support supervisor. The Truevision customer care staff has been authorized to give the 30%. She said in 6 months I can renegotiate with Truevision.

Edited by Dario

They will say ,they have held a survey of their customers ,and

nobody wants the HBO channels,and they are going to add more 

crap channels that people want.they do that everytime they cut

out channels, I have never had there service for 10+ years,and they

never returned my deposit,with the internet you can watch all the

content you want for free,and not wait 2 + years to see the latest

movie releases,plus watch when you want.(live sports,maybe the exception)

They will be hoping the Govt.does enforce the single gateway ,so streaming

will be affected and people are forced to return, 

regards Worgeordie