What is the "stigma" about tank tops.

joeyg

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, AlexRich said:

Tank tops are normally worn by people in movies playing the "geek" or "mentally challenged" roles ... so they have never been the epitome of "cool". Wear them if you want to find your inner Forrest Gump! 

I thought, the character,  Forest Gump was a fine human being.  Really

Just now, possum1931 said:

Yes, very nice if you are gong out on a date.

Thank you.  I've tried on the tight jeans and more loose fit jeans and asked my dates which one they liked.  They always chose the tight ones.  Only one time I had a gal from Laos say you can't were those Jeans your $$$$ is to big.  I said OK she I change them? She smiled and said no.:cool:

Further north jeans and a dress shirt were pretty much compulsory even in 30+ degC. For many from cooler climates that can be a killer.

It seems to me this Wife Beater thing is more American than European.

Wear what you feel comfortable in. For me that is shorts and a variety of tops from polo to T shirts and dress shirts especially in Pattaya. Up north I'd look out of place in shorts so would (and did) wear jeans a lot.

It makes a huge difference in how you get treated by the Thai..try it out, wear an expensive blouse or polo, nice expensive shorts and leather shoe's, they will even open the doors for you while waiing.

But Thai don't wear singlets, it's related with labourers and also mostly they don't have the upperbody to wear it (undeveloped).

Another fact is they don't want to get tanned but you knew that already.

I have no issues with singlets but not in the better restaurants please, at the beach is fine. Beer brand ones, fat belly, loads of tattoo's and you'll be a pattaya-farang. The best ones even have white stripes in their singlets from dried sweat.

I also wear singlets when very hot, i don't have to look hi=so cause my white skin is real and i like to have some tan.

1 minute ago, joeyg said:

Thank you.  I've tried on the tight jeans and more loose fit jeans and asked my dates which one they liked.  They always chose the tight ones.  Only one time I had a gal from Laos say you can't were those Jeans your $$$$ is to big.  I said OK she I change them? She smiled and said no.:cool:

Can you imagine the obese, tattooed, facial haired guy dressed in tight jeans?:cheesy:

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

Yes. I didn't say that Geeks or the mentally challenged are a bad lot! But they are not cool.

I understand.  I'm not trying to "be cool" I'm already cool, so I'm told.  I like being "cool" or as we said in So Cal "chill."  I am trying to be "literally cool" that is temperature wise.  Like I said the no shirt thing drives me bonkers.  And I appreciate a well developed physique, male or female.  For most esp. guys it takes discipline.

Si fueris Rōmae, Rōmānō vīvitō mōre; si fueris alibī, vīvitō sīcut ibī ‎

(“if you should be in Rome, live in the Roman manner; if you should be elsewhere, live as they do there”)

St Ambrose.

Edited by sceadugenga

1 minute ago, WhamBam said:

Further north jeans and a dress shirt were pretty much compulsory even in 30+ degC. For many from cooler climates that can be a killer.

It seems to me this Wife Beater thing is more American than European.

Wear what you feel comfortable in. For me that is shorts and a variety of tops from polo to T shirts and dress shirts especially in Pattaya. Up north I'd look out of place in shorts so would (and did) wear jeans a lot.

I spend a fair amount of time up in Yasothan.  It's beatiful from November to maybe end of February.  We just harvested the rice up at my buddies farm there.  I ware the same when out and about tank top and "short" pants.  When we're on the farm I were the same as my buddies father in law.  A sarong and no shirt.  Very sweet and kind people.  My buddies grandson up there in Issan gave me the new nickname 'The Incredible Hulk"  He says he's Spider Man we have fierce battles, he's 6 y.o.  Good fun.

5 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

(“if you should be in Rome, live in the Roman manner; if you should be elsewhere, live as they do there”)

St Ambrose.

So then in a beach resort town tank top and "shorts" are AOK!!!

I think she meant your arse is too big![emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

7 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

St Ambrose.

So if your in the Vatican does that mean you should be a "Pedo?"

1 minute ago, mcfish said:

I love this threads where everyone is chiseled with a six pack and even one guy boasting about his big dick... LMAO what a load BS!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I can assure you I'm only slightly bigger than average.  No six pack yet but 4 sets of 60 second planks every morning, 75 push ups, 60 squats, 60 calf raises plus yoga and Qi Kung.  I hate working out but I love the results.  Below the waist.  God just made me that way.  You were very well behaved please continue.

I can assure you I'm only slightly bigger than average.  No six pack yet but 4 sets of 60 second planks every morning, 75 push ups, 60 squats, 60 calf raises plus yoga and Qi Kung.  I hate working out but I love the results.  Below the waist.  God just made me that way.  You were very well behaved please continue.

In general guys with big dicks don't tell totall strange men they have a big dick unless they are looking to see pms in their inbox lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Take a few minutes, seriously, and check this out.  It could change your life... 

Well..........sorry to say that it did absolutely nothing for me, no life changing moment, so I guess I'll just stay as I am!! AND what's with the corny background music???

22 minutes ago, fruitman said:

It makes a huge difference in how you get treated by the Thai..try it out, wear an expensive blouse or polo, nice expensive shorts and leather shoe's, they will even open the doors for you while waiing.

But Thai don't wear singlets, it's related with labourers and also mostly they don't have the upperbody to wear it (undeveloped).

Another fact is they don't want to get tanned but you knew that already.

I have no issues with singlets but not in the better restaurants please, at the beach is fine. Beer brand ones, fat belly, loads of tattoo's and you'll be a pattaya-farang. The best ones even have white stripes in their singlets from dried sweat.

I also wear singlets when very hot, i don't have to look hi=so cause my white skin is real and i like to have some tan.

Yep I know it makes a difference, you are 100% correct , I think on all your points.  No "tat's for me.  Just want to feel "cool" around the beach.  In Pattaya I think really the only concern is how much bhat is coming out of your pocket.  Side note back in the early 90's I had the opportunity to lecture at Mahidol University.  By design, I wore a black golf shirt and jeans.  Boy did I get some looks.  I also got two phone numbers before the vening was over.

On other occasions I had the opportunity to conduct Grand Rounds at Bangkok Pattaya and Bangkok Rayong Hospitals with both Thai and American first year med students.  Uniform of the day was kaki scrubs and a lab coat.  Al the world is a stage.  Pattaya is a Zoo...

7 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Well..........sorry to say that it did absolutely nothing for me, no life changing moment, so I guess I'll just stay as I am!! AND what's with the corny background music???

I really didn't notice the music.  Sure discipline is not for everyone.  Certainly not the average person.  Personally I have found it to be one of the most rewarding things in my life.  In 2017 I want more of it.

29 minutes ago, Shot said:

trailer_park_mens_sleeveless_tee.jpg?height=225&width=2254e08a7269850ce51bc11985e2b0e2adb.jpgWife_Beater.JPG

I'll have the one in the green shorts please.   THE LIGHT GREEN SHORTS!!!  Remember fitness first.  It's fun being an old fart and being strong and fit.  TRY IT!!!

Edited by joeyg