Weeds over 10 ft tall growing over my wall...who to complain to?

mdotinc

Hi,

The land next to my house hasn't been cut in at least 6-8 months and now weeds that are over 10 feet tall are growing over the cement wall and into my property.

Does anyone know what governmental body if any I need to complain to in order to get them to notify the owner of the land to cut the weeds and overgrown "growth" on his vacant land?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, GiantFan said:

RoundUp and a small sprayer.

roundup expensive,   purchase the local brand    jobs a good n , roundup great for replanting  in your own garden  but for annoying weeds that are intrusive   give them the harsh treatment 

As mentioned above, use the Thai version of Roundup and a pump sprayer. Both available at HomePro for around 200-300 baht total. The weed killer comes in a white bottle with green cap, and is super concentrated. It's a systemic weed killer, so it only works where you spray it on the foliage, and you'll need a couple of days with no rain for it to be effective. Make sure you wear gloves and a face mask/filter when using it.

Glyphosphate (aka agent orange) works fine, add water 5:1 If the weeds are growing over your wall just give them a dab with a rag on a stick. That way you can be selective instead of spraying everything.

Nothing will happen for about 3-4 days as it takes that long to get down to the roots but your weed problem will disappear permanently!

Here is a response to everyone here saying I should "do him a favor and cut it myself"... <deleted> THAT!!!!

I am not doing this scum any favors because he is too lazy and inconsiderate to do it himself.

Thankfully I rent this place so at first possibility, I am out of here!!! I am not cutting, spending money, risking my health for this guy that put me in this position to begin with...

You guys are way to nice....must have just moved to Thailand LOL...not me...been here long enough to know...

On 29/12/2016 at 10:18 AM, GiantFan said:

RoundUp and a small sprayer.

Which is widely found to be carcinogenic http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/20/roundup-probable-carcinogen-report-says/25115481/

As to those annoying weeds (ho hum), a neurotic neighbour who will not tolerate just one leaf over his garden wall took the number of the landowner from his 'land for sale' board who duly turned up and cut down the entire plot, leaving me with a wonderful view of slash but not burned detritus  as the owner didn't remove the dead trees. Cut it yourself. This is what I do if my other neighbour's triffids get a tad too invasive. And please do remember you now reside in Thailand, a tropical country, not Switzerland.

4 hours ago, mdotinc said:

Here is a response to everyone here saying I should "do him a favor and cut it myself"... <deleted> THAT!!!!

I am not doing this scum any favors because he is too lazy and inconsiderate to do it himself.

Thankfully I rent this place so at first possibility, I am out of here!!! I am not cutting, spending money, risking my health for this guy that put me in this position to begin with...

You guys are way to nice....must have just moved to Thailand LOL...not me...been here long enough to know...

You must be some kinda dumb . . . .

You have been given good advice by people who know what they are doing but yet you, with soooo much experience, want to have some authority figure to go chase down some guy for you.

I hope you do move.  I hope is no where near me.

5 hours ago, mdotinc said:

anyone living in thailand long enough knows the only way to get rid of the weeds is to  do it your self. smart move on renting.

On 12/29/2016 at 10:50 AM, petermik said:

Can you get Round up over here.... I need something like this any advice where?

Glycosphate easy at most general stores selling rat poison, seeds garden supplies etc, often near local bus stations 

Just do what a Thai would,  get a match and light it up that is what I did for years. Then I got lucky the guy sold the land and now building a Townhouse project.

Otherwise go to your local Muni and file and complaint, but don't be surprise if it doesn't go anywhere. Join the club.

Do not use Roundup under any circumstances. Local councils in the western world are in deep poo for using it in parks and nature strips. It contains Glyphosate and other nasties that will linger around for years and the residue causes massive health issues just by minimal contact. Plain old diesel will kill anything that grows, or just toss a match over the wall.

Edited by lungnorm

9 hours ago, mdotinc said:

So why you bother asking then or was you hoping for thai bashing to start. You move for a few weeds 5555

On 12/29/2016 at 10:50 AM, petermik said:

Can you get Round up over here.... I need something like this any advice where?

You can get anything you need at: Hardware House. (one smallish store in BKK) and two in Chonburi (big and bigger). Awesome place. incredible customer service. If they do not have it or any product requires further research they will call their rep Immediately. Because they actually train their people. Any staff caught using their cell phone/hiding is immediately sacked also. And their outside sales force are NOT allowed to pay bribes, but rather report the company and that firm is blacklisted.

Apologies for rambling. but a really refreshing experience dealing with them.

1 hour ago, catinthehat said:

You can get anything you need at: Hardware House. (one smallish store in BKK) and two in Chonburi (big and bigger). Awesome place. incredible customer service. If they do not have it or any product requires further research they will call their rep Immediately. Because they actually train their people. Any staff caught using their cell phone/hiding is immediately sacked also. And their outside sales force are NOT allowed to pay bribes, but rather report the company and that firm is blacklisted.

Apologies for rambling. but a really refreshing experience dealing with them.

Great new.  All I have to do is live with 3 KM of the BKK place or 5 / 7 KM of the locations in Chonburi and everything is my world is sorted!

Glyphosate is NOT Agent Orange.  The latter was a combo of 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T.  The manufacturing process for 2,4,5-T resulted in dioxin contaminates which is the really bad stuff, though 2,4,5-T is toxic.  2,4-D is still used as a broadleaf week killer.  Glyphosate will kill broadleaf weeds and grasses.  Not terribly persistent in the soil.

On 12/29/2016 at 5:08 AM, LivinginKata said:

I used to clean my neighbour's land  plot for years, then one day he (a Farang) threatened to report me to the police for tresspass. So make sure you get the owner's  permission.

Is trespass on private land a Criminal offence here,  or is it a civil matter ?  I dont know

A lot of people here on Thaivisa love to open their gizzards with no clue or facts behind their statements. It is not "a couple weeds", it is an overgrown lot growing in some places over 20 feet tall, breeds all kinds of mosquito's that carry dengue and malaria, and tons of snakes etc.

I have a child and worry for my family. All of you people recommending that I "cut it myself" have no idea the severity of the issue but continue to talk about it....you people that have nothing better to do than to repeat others' "dumb" words need to get a life instead of trolling 24/7 on peoples thai visa posts. Straight up. Losers.