Trump hits back at Meryl Streep, calls actress 'overrated'

snoop1130

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

If you know anything about awards ceremonies, many have been used as platforms for politically oriented speeches.  Meryl's is spot on.  She's a highly respected, and awarded, actress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/02/22/13-times-oscar-speeches-got-political/?utm_term=.f7fa444d8b11

Well, you'd think they would've learned their lesson from the embarrassment that was the Hollywood lineup's video, one cringe worthy  line which was something along the lines of 'well he's (Trump) used to saying 'you're fired'' alluding. ironically, to Trump starting a war *gasp*  Believe Barry has cornered the market on that one.  Which they will now be reminded of for the rest of their careers, if they have one. But not as much as Madonna offering blow jobs to those voting for Clinton. Class. And now we have Rosie O'Donnell asking for Hollywood to go on strike, as if they and their self importance would be missed. Do they count as a 'political platform'?

BTW, Streep is most certainly over rated.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

You mean she WAS a highly respected actress....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

For someone claiming to have little idea of who Streep is you have sure hijacked the thread. I imagine that with the majority of Americans i.e. at least the popular vote, the respect for her has gone up 10 fold. I guess also with the millions of Americans that voted for party first and truly despise Trump.

Page 14 and not one Trump supporter can bring themselves to say that he should have simply let it slide and isn't doing himself any favours.

The thing is, I'm sure in their heart of hearts that is exactly what they are thinking.

On 10/01/2017 at 8:57 AM, Boon Mee said:

Hollywood should stay out of Politics.

Unless it's John Wayne or Ronald Reagan of course, then it's an entirely different matter. After all, who could possibly call them overrated? 

Edited by baboon

16 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Not true at all. Why do you constantly attribute one person's opinion to everyone that you disagree with? I think she is an excellent actor and said so. It is her idiotic political opinions that do not interest me. Sean Penn is in the same category.

Is it an idiotic political opinion to criticize a leader imitating a handicapped person?

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Page 14 and not one Trump supporter can bring themselves to say that he should have simply let it slide and isn't doing himself any favours.

The thing is, I'm sure in their heart of hearts that is exactly what they are thinking.

Page 14 and all the HRC followers are still whining and just keep on keeping on.:wai:

1 hour ago, Si Thea01 said:

Page 14 and all the HRC followers are still whining and just keep on keeping on.:wai:

So in your mind if someone is not a trump fan they are a follower of Clinton?  Oops.

12 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Did someone say something about  a third rate actor trying to remain relevant?

I think you're giving Trump a bit too much credit calling him a "third rate actor."

A thin-skinned, abusive demagog and poser would be a more appropriate description for him. :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Sorry, but you are mistaken. He is not an actor and he is VERY relevant. Soon to be the leader of the free world.

Actually he has more experience in professional acting than public service (NOTHING), dude.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Ulysses G. said:

Not a lot of difference from the last guy who held the office. Neither had much political experience when they were elected.

Having prior business experience may be the experience that helps Trump succeed over and above the type of nonsense he tweets in response to Meryl Streep et al. Markets are currently exceedingly positive.

Edited by SheungWan

17 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

Yes, agreed that many have been used in that manner but does that make it right? Maybe she's spot on in you eyes but others have differing opinions so why can't you respect theirs or is it because you believe you're always right, that others are not. Don't forget, the world is still looking for the perfect man.:wai:

I do respect other people's opinions, unless they are trolling with derogatory comments about a highly rewarded and respect actress.  She's not my favorite actress, but no denying she's highly accomplished. And has every right to speak her mind.

5 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Not a lot of difference from the last guy who held the office. Neither had much political experience when they were elected.

There's a huge difference.  One respected others and his job.  Obama was a senator and a lawmaker.  Trump has little respect for many, and obviously has little respect for his job. He should give up on Twitter.

Huge difference.

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Not all members here supporting Streep are HRC followers.  Some are just opposed to the harsh comments about a very accomplished actress. 

Never said they were. They can be opposed just as others are opposed to the harsh comments about the President elect.  I have no problem if things are dealt with in a fair and even manner.  :wai: 

Just now, Ulysses G. said:

Meryl Streep offended half the voters in the country for their vote.

Typical Bizarro Trumpeteer "logic".

Streep offended?

Disinformation and deflection much?

Let's get back on track, shall we?