TM30 - Still Confused!

I am presuming that you are reporting every 90 days by your original post.

if that is the case then they will have your address in their system already.

as far as I am aware the only time you need to do a new TM 30 is if you have left the country and recently returned 

5 minutes ago, Doiger said:

as far as I am aware the only time you need to do a new TM 30 is if you have left the country and recently returned 

Thanks, well, it isn't that straight forward (Never did a TM 30 EVER!)

I left Thailand for 2 weeks in September - I am on a Non O, marriage extension have been for years. Never been asked for TM30 at yearly extensions.

I need to go to immigration this week anyway as either them or Thai post has lost my return 90 day slip - by post.....not the first time.

So I am trying to get my house in order before going to the agent for the yearly extension due in March.

So at the moment my 90 day report is missing, 25 days already, not much hope that it is going to turn up. I just want to make sure that if I turn up at immigration for a reprint of the report I am not going to get hit with a request for the TM30. (It is a 90KM return trip to drive out there)

So I am preparing for the worst case - I have the TM30 filled in, I have a Power of Attourney to allow me to pay the 1600 baht (WHAT A JOKE! 2 witnesses required - Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse no doubt will do if they want some money!!!) on behalf of my wife.

From what I can gather, the agents dealing with the extension are asking for the TM30, I would have thought that the Yellow Registration book pretty much covered all of that crap anyway....however, This Is Thailand! They have probably cut down more trees to satisfy immigration than the British ever did in Thailand and Burma combined.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Doiger said:

The notification of staying longer than 90 days (TM.47) and the notification form for house-master, owner or the possessor of the residence where alien has stayed (TM.30) serve different purposes, and neither merely serves the purpose of given the immigration office your current address.

@Generalchaos

Can anyone please clarify if I need to get my wife to fill in this ridiculous TM30 document for CM Immigration?
I do not rent a house or apartment, I live here with my wife and son, and have been doing that for 13 years and never been asked for this before.

Although you neither own nor rent a house or apartment you are living somewhere, a place you refer to as "here", a residential dwelling, and it is the "house-master", owner or possessor of this residence who must submit the TM.30 notification of your arrival at the residence if the immigration office responsible for the area where the residence is located requires the submission of this form.

• Like 2

I am as confused as the rest of you about the tm30.
I moved into a rented apartment last May with gf and no sign of a tm30 receipt ( I have left Thailand a couple of times so no 90 report done yet, am on a O-A visa since October 16).
Anyway, decided to quiz apartment reception about my tm30 receipt when it started to appear daily on TV !!.
Turns out they never registered me ( although photocopied my passport and I signed some papers), they thought it easier to use gf's docs and pretended I didn't exist !!
Anyway 2 weeks ago I filled in some forms ( at apartment reception) and am still waiting for the tm30 receipt, I think !!
They showed me some tm30's they had on file ( some Indians staying here), they looked like original docs ( not photocopies) !!
I thought the Indians would have the receipt, which I assume is the bottom tear off bit, stapled in their passports ??

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

What a mess they are making of it up there in Chiangmai, it bears no resemblance to the Immigration Act, The TM 30 has nothing whatever to do with the foreigner with permission to stay. Perhaps they will soon realize what a dog's breakfast they have made and if we all keep quiet they will be able to quietly drop it and save face.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tgeezer said:

What a mess they are making of it up there in Chiangmai, it bears no resemblance to the Immigration Act, The TM 30 has nothing whatever to do with the foreigner with permission to stay. Perhaps they will soon realize what a dog's breakfast they have made and if we all keep quiet they will be able to quietly drop it and save face.

No but the TM28 does.. 

They are just implementing half the system rather than the 2 parts which then 'match'.. Simply because the logistics of what they are attempting are to all intents and purposes, impossible.

if a falang person owns his house via a company . and his falang girlfriend comes and stay at this house , Does the falang owner have to fill in a TM30 form for Himself  and his girl friend ????? if not him who  does ? 

Edited by docspinoff
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, docspinoff said:

if a falang person owns his house via a company . and his falang girlfriend comes and stay at this house , Does the falang owner have to fill in a TM30 form for Himself  and his girl friend ????? if not him who  does ? 

A legal representative of the asset owning company of which the farang is the minority shareholder ?? 

27 minutes ago, docspinoff said:

I believe the farang would submit a TM30 for himself, as the possessor of the house. There is no requirement for a TM30 for a Thai person, they live here and dont report to immigration.

9 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I believe the farang would submit a TM30 for himself, as the possessor of the house. There is no requirement for a TM30 for a Thai person, they live here and dont report to immigration.

Read the post you quoted again. "and his falang girlfriend"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Read the post you quoted again.

Yes, misread it, apologizes

TM30 for possessor and farang girlfriend.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

On applying for an extension of stay at CW I noticed a TM30 form displayed on the IOs desk with relavant details required  hilighted by marker pen. I asked I if needed to use this form and was told not needed as we have your address,only use for permanent change of address.

Following this were many reported cases of housemaster being fined so next visit to CW for 90 day I took the housemaster with me to submit a TM30,enquiry desk had no clues,sent to queue number desk,much discussion among IOs,given number for 90 day report. Once there they had no idea what to do,gave housemaster a new form and told to submit this at our local Ampur office.Did not bother to continue with this application.

Not really, the source is usually the cause...:smile:

My wife completed my 90 day last week at Jomptien.

That would be 12yrs x 4 = 48 actual  reports of the same address.

On her way out she was asked by an officer  "If as a house owner

had she registered her husband's address?"

My wifee's questions were then answered by "Go look at the Immigration web page"

Any experiences?  

TM30 Notes.jpg

Edited by johnnybgood
added pic

1 hour ago, noise said:

FOR UBONJOE:

Say a farang and his Thai wife leave the country.  When they return, could the Thai wife (if she is the owner of their residence) file the TM30 as they go through immigration at the airport?

No

They can only be submitted at a immigration office.

1 hour ago, thaihome said:

I am at a loss to understand why people bring this subject up with immigration officers who have not mentioned anything about it. It is obvious the enforcement of the TM 30 form is spotty  at best and those offices that are requiring it initiate the conversation on the topic. If you are not asked about it, just don't bring it up. If they want it, they will tell you. ?

TH 

They bring it up, because the "first notice" of the enforcement is often a fine.  If you make sure a TM-30 has been filed for you (and get a receipt) - no fine.

6 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

They bring it up, because the "first notice" of the enforcement is often a fine.  If you make sure a TM-30 has been filed for you (and get a receipt) - no fine.

Sounds like good logic, but in practice unless you have just arrived in a location where it's your problem to file the TM 30 for the first time ever, you are likely in arrears and eligible to be fined for bringing it up. 

A good rule to live a hassle free life,  never volunteer anything to a government bureaucracy. Applies worldwide.

I still say, keep your mouth shut and if they enforce it, pay the 2,000 baht fine once and go on with your life. 

TH 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaihome said:

I am at a loss to understand why people bring this subject up with immigration officers who have not mentioned anything about it. It is obvious the enforcement of the TM 30 form is spotty  at best and those offices that are requiring it initiate the conversation on the topic. If you are not asked about it, just don't bring it up. If they want it, they will tell you. ?

TH 

Immigration here in Chiang Mai is pretty serious about it.  However, does not seem to be uniformly enforced in the country. My guess is where there are larger concentrations of Falang, there is more enforcement.

20 hours ago, Maestro said:

The notification of staying longer than 90 days (TM.47) and the notification form for house-master, owner or the possessor of the residence where alien has stayed (TM.30) serve different purposes, and neither merely serves the purpose of given the immigration office your current address.

Actually they do serve the same purpose, its just that the antiquated, and ridiculous system here is pathetic in this modern age of computers. The central government (Customs)should have one computer system with info on all tourist and long-term guest, that database should be accessed, and updated by relevant agencies, with time/user stamps, and receipt verification. How in this world of computers that can't be accomplished, is beyond me, and I work with computers/programming/databases. Either this is the most inept government in history, or their computer geniuses are complete morons. Instead we are fed ten million useless/repetitive pieces of paper/forms, that who knows what they are doing with it, and can't seem to handle. Hey Thailand, Join the modern age!!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaihome said:

Sounds like good logic, but in practice unless you have just arrived in a location where it's your problem to file the TM 30 for the first time ever, you are likely in arrears and eligible to be fined for bringing it up. 

A good rule to live a hassle free life,  never volunteer anything to a government bureaucracy. Applies worldwide.

I still say, keep your mouth shut and if they enforce it, pay the 2,000 baht fine once and go on with your life. 

TH 

for new arrivals its better to get legal asap

old arrivals ( i don't mean those of us with one foot in the grave) well you can just take a chance

23 hours ago, Generalchaos said:

Thanks, well, it isn't that straight forward (Never did a TM 30 EVER!)

I left Thailand for 2 weeks in September - I am on a Non O, marriage extension have been for years. Never been asked for TM30 at yearly extensions.

I need to go to immigration this week anyway as either them or Thai post has lost my return 90 day slip - by post.....not the first time.

So I am trying to get my house in order before going to the agent for the yearly extension due in March.

So at the moment my 90 day report is missing, 25 days already, not much hope that it is going to turn up. I just want to make sure that if I turn up at immigration for a reprint of the report I am not going to get hit with a request for the TM30. (It is a 90KM return trip to drive out there)

So I am preparing for the worst case - I have the TM30 filled in, I have a Power of Attourney to allow me to pay the 1600 baht (WHAT A JOKE! 2 witnesses required - Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse no doubt will do if they want some money!!!) on behalf of my wife.

From what I can gather, the agents dealing with the extension are asking for the TM30, I would have thought that the Yellow Registration book pretty much covered all of that crap anyway....however, This Is Thailand! They have probably cut down more trees to satisfy immigration than the British ever did in Thailand and Burma combined.

Thailand the Land of Smiles

• Like 1

Well, not confused anymore.

Make sure you take your 1600 Baht as that is all they are really interested in.

Went down to that Hell Hole Promenada today, spent 1 hour getting a reprint of my 90 day report, lost in the post. The Cops in that little office are a breath of fresh air compared to the hate filled venom spewing vermin on the front desk, especially the fat Sumo of a pig that sits right on the right hand side of the information queue...she should have been plunged into a bath of boiling oil the day she was born / launched!

Got to Office No. 4, it is for reporting DEATH and 90 Day by post, it is way down on the left hand side of the main queue. They were busy rigging up a conference call with their bosses when I arrived, had to wait an hour as the only one that knew how to a reprint of the 90 day was rigging up the speakers. Not a problem, they were really friendly, gave me a handful of Fox's mints and some water and a nice comfy chair while I waited - made a few jokes about the Farang as I told them I didn't speak Thai, but they were a decent bunch.

TM30 - Well, this is done upstairs on the third floor keep taking the escalators until you get to the top, then head to the right, you will see the other immigration office. You have to ask the little quiet girl at the door on the right for a queue number.

Once you get that number then just hang around, they will come a looking.

The paperwork is mainly irrelevant, all they want is the 1600 Baht in FINES, they really should change it to a TAX rather than a fine. it takes about 2 minutes to get some shitty piece of paper that you stuff back in the last page of your passport. Thye like to insist on giving you a receipt....that basically says that you are happy to pay your landlords FINE!

<deleted>, blatant scamming! There was probably not one single Thai landlord there today... I was queue no. 73, and virtually everyone was either quick off the mark or forking out the 1600 Baht!

Joke or what? Not if you need an extension of stay....you will not get it this year without this piece of rag in your passport.

Edited by Generalchaos

12 hours ago, docspinoff said:

You probably need to fill it in for your girlfriend, and you probably won't make it in 24 hours so they will gladly accept your 1600 Baht anyway.

There was a couple of Americans there today, a guy had picked his father up from the airport yesterday and the dad was staying for a short holiday and the son dragged him down to the HELL Promenada, on his first day, they had 23 hours under their belts and applied for this rubbish. The guy applying was sent back home (100KM drive) because he didn't have his passport!

Not only do they want the money, they love to MAKE IT HELL!

No wonder this country will suffer compared to Cambodia and Vietnam, they are just pushing paperwork and making shit for everybody. Can you believe they try to make an excuse that this is some form of counter terrorism? IDIOTS!

These posts are very depressing. I can understand inconveniencing people "working the system" to effectively live in Thailand, because not all Immigration Officers agree that it should be so, but should people who conform to the Immigration Act be treated like this?