"I want my money back!" - Malaysian drives to Khon Kaen to complain Thai ex shafted him

webfact

"I want my money back!" - Malaysian drives to Khon Kaen to complain Thai ex shafted him

2p.jpg

Picture: Sanook

KHON KAEN: -- A Malaysian businessman has made a 2,500 kilometer road trip to Khon Kaen to report his ex Thai wife to cops.

He says she shafted him for 3 million baht in a sugar cane deal.

R Indra Awaludin, 50, went to police in his ex wife's hometown of Si Chompu district yesterday.

He showed them bank transfers to his father in law totaling three million baht. Now he wants his money back after the couple split up, reports Sanook.

Taking the complaint Phanpetch Laokamnertpetch said that the alleged victim is a hotel owner on an island in Malaysia. He met his Thai wife in Hat Yai, Songkhla eleven years ago and they went to live in Malaysia.

At the start of last year she suggested a deal to grow sugar cane. But by year's end she was suggesting they split up.

Evidence showed that the money has been transferred to his ex's father's Bangkok Bank account.

Police took the complaint and promised to pass it on.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-17

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's going to be a wasted trip,he is a hotel owner on

Malaysian island, why does he want to be messing about

with sugar cane growing.

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
correction

59 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

Just goes to show that after 10 years of marriage they will still shaft you.i think he's wasted enough gasoline and is pissing in to the wind on getting anything back.

Something that never happens back home....  who knows how much money she was entitled too given that he has a business and that 50% of the money increase during the marriage should be divided 50/50 but this guy has his money in Malaysia.. so maybe this was the only way to get a bit. 

Could just be a money grab too.. but often 2 sides to a story. I was married 9 years with a really good Thai woman... when the divorce came she only wanted the money back what she put in it.. i kept the house the car all... They are not all the same quite a lot of good ones too. But it depends on who you select. If your 60 and take a woman half your age.. its more likely she is after your money then when your both 20-30 when you meet. Just my opinion of what I have seen. I came here when I was just 30 and hang around with people my age who went with woman their age (just a minor difference in age) and saw few problems. I even saw a girl take care her English BF. 

R

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Something that never happens back home....  who knows how much money she was entitled too given that he has a business and that 50% of the money increase during the marriage should be divided 50/50 but this guy has his money in Malaysia.. so maybe this was the only way to get a bit. 

Could just be a money grab too.. but often 2 sides to a story. I was married 9 years with a really good Thai woman... when the divorce came she only wanted the money back what she put in it.. i kept the house the car all... They are not all the same quite a lot of good ones too. But it depends on who you select. If your 60 and take a woman half your age.. its more likely she is after your money then when your both 20-30 when you meet. Just my opinion of what I have seen. I came here when I was just 30 and hang around with people my age who went with woman their age (just a minor difference in age) and saw few problems. I even saw a girl take care her English BF. 

I didn't particularly mean Thai women.6 months ago I paid the ex in the uk over 3 mil and she's still on my case.also there will be 2 sides to this story.hes got the hotel in Malaysia and probably a healthy bank account as he can afford to throw millions of baht at farming that we all know don't pay.i would like to of seen what car he was driving.

1 minute ago, The man from udon said:

R

I didn't particularly mean Thai women.6 months ago I paid the ex in the uk over 3 mil and she's still on my case.also there will be 2 sides to this story.hes got the hotel in Malaysia and probably a healthy bank account as he can afford to throw millions of baht at farming that we all know don't pay.i would like to of seen what car he was driving.

Sorry, im used to the .. Thai woman are bad .. line here on Thaivisa. Sometimes I react wrong because i assume the wrong things. My apologies. 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sorry, im used to the .. Thai woman are bad .. line here on Thaivisa. Sometimes I react wrong because i assume the wrong things. My apologies. 

No probs mate,we or most know women deep down are the same and your bang on with the age gap thing.i know a idiot who's getting stung big time by his wife who's young enough to be his granddaughter.

reminds me of a similar story about a British guy that thought he had invested in a Pig farm involving  his wifes family, he worked on the farm for over a year shoveling pig manure day after day thinking it was his farm......then he found out the truth when he got the boot

1 hour ago, robblok said:

G'day rob,   thanks for your post.

You say you divorced your wife but you kept the house and car,  I could be wrong but us falangs can not own land, unless you hve kid/s.?

11 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

G'day rob,   thanks for your post.

You say you divorced your wife but you kept the house and car,  I could be wrong but us falangs can not own land, unless you hve kid/s.?

Your not wrong, we can't own land, and in a way i own it through a child. 

1 hour ago, aussieinthailand said:

Why is there no protection for those that bring in the money and are clearly riped off?

The problem is often just getting a 50/50 outcome is near on impossible in the LOS, and that hurts Thailand's immage so why not fix it?

There is, it's called due diligence with a touch of foresight thrown in.

2 hours ago, the guest said:

Another empty ATM on theidscrap heap !

The ATM's aren't learning!!!

For Buddha's sake, If any man Is contemplating a local liaison, search TV for a few Ideas on the diabolical position In which you may find yourself.

Just over 800 baht a day--he had a (probably knock out looking woman) --who worked for him and cleaned house cooked  & all the rest, for just $us23 a day...Yes give the man his money back he's been robbed.......Those Thai's....dead sneaky........:coffee1:

It truly amazes me ....

You think if a woman rips you off in Australia or UK or Russia or anywhere  .... you can go and complain and you'll get it back ??

Oh sorry ,  so many farangs got taken in Thailand theres gotta be something wrong. :shock1:

People need to grow up and use a bit of common sense, and take responsibility for their decisions.

Edited by steven100

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Oh sorry ,  so many farangs got taken in Thailand theres gotta be something wrong. :shock1:

People need to grow up and use a bit of common sense, and take responsibility for their decisions.

Confucius say - Pubic hair stronger than 10 elephant

I don't really understand what he expect the Thai police to do. It seems that all actions happened in Malaysia. The "deal" was made in Malaysia and he transferred the money from Malaysia. And if they were married in Malaysia, it would be Malaysia law that determines how to split assets/liabilities.

Will be very interesting to follow this one, if there ever is a follow up.