Man just out of jail murders monk over 50 baht request

webfact

Man just out of jail murders monk over 50 baht request

5a.jpg

Picture: Thairath

SUKHOTHAI: -- A man just out of jail went to demand 50 baht from a monk at a Sukhothai temple in the middle of the night on Monday.

When the senior monk refused to help him the drunk ex convict grabbed a knife and repeatedly stabbed him to death.

Police in the Kong Krailart district of Sukhothai found the murderer soon after hiding in a shack in a nearby field.

Prathuan Promklin, 42, a local of the area and known to the monks as a wannabe smalltime gangster, was charged with murder. He has admitted his crime and was taken to the temple where his victim was lying in a coffin, Thairath.

5b.jpg

Picture: Thairath

He apologized to the corpse according to a Thai ritual.

The murder happened at 1.30am in the early hours of Monday morning. Tha Chanuan area police were called after reports of a  stabbing at the temple of Wat Nong Toom.

There at the monks' quarters behind the temple they found Phra Wanchai or Wanchai Phu-Uam, 53, with multiple stab wounds. He died soon after.

Police found a ten inch bloodstained knife at the scene.

Other monks immediately fingered the suspect saying that he was a wannabe gangster with no job who was always pestering the monks for money.

Following his arrest in the field, Prathuan told cops that he had been drinking and went to see Phra Wanchai to get 50 baht. The monk refused and scolded him at which point Prathuan was angry and pushed him over.

He then rushed over and grabbed a knife that was hanging up in the room and repeatedly stabbed the monk in the chest and abdomen before fleeing the scene.

Thai Rath reported that he had only recently been let out of prison.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-18

Reincarnation can be a bitch sometimes,

Phra Wanchai may just choose a different path than the enlightened one,

50 baht,  and life ends for two people,

as I get older,  the crazier life seems to get around us all,

R.I.P.  

yet another one let out of jail to commit crime and murder!!

This countries law and order is shown to stink time and again!

The elite never face justice. Those with money pay to avoid justice. Those who are on bail and obvious flight risk abscond. Those who are jailed or fined sometimes get pathetic sentances. Those who present a continued risk are let out early/pardoned and far too many others are ignored or fined as insignificant punishment, to walk the streets and place us all in danger for crime and murder!

Edited by twix38

Does Thailand have the death penalty? I mean, not just "Thai justice" at the hand of cops. If they don't, then they should. People like this stain on humanity have forfeited their right to life. 

In the meantime, I hope this guy ends up in a coffin when he "hangs himself out of depression" with his own shirt while in the holding cell. 

I hope that the police that let this rat out of his cage  have lots of sleepless nights, for their

stupidity.         If it was the system that let him out early shame on them all!

RIP to the poor monk who was murdered. Too bad there is not death penalty in Thailand

anymore, I guess the government must have thought it was to savage to kill off the

murderers, just like the government in Canada decided for its population.

Very Sad Days. I say bring back the guillitine. The big blade.

Geezer

On 2017/1/17 at 5:04 PM, dinsdale said:

Another pixelate the Thai. If it was farang murders monk, do you think the pics would be pixelated?

why do you want to know? this is Thailand and they do as they like, is that ok with you?

Some people spend so much time "inside" that they can't function properly outside and often repeat crimes just to get back in again. That's their world, that's what they know best. 

A dead human being because of ฿ 50... 

Sad times we live in.