Czech tourist sex-offender fined B1,000 in Phuket

webfact

Czech tourist sex-offender fined B1,000 in Phuket

Phuket Gazette 

pkt1.jpeg          

Mr Pfeifer was arrested outside his home in Cherng Talay. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A Czech Interpol fugitive, arrested on Tuesday for allegedly spreading HIV in both Thailand and his home country, has been fined 1,000 baht (approx US$ 35.00) by a Phuket Court for overstaying his visa by close to a year and a half. 

Zdenek Pfeifer, 49, was arrested at his home in Cherng Talay, where a joint task force of Royal Thai Police and military officials awaited him after receiving information regarding his whereabouts (story here). 

The maximum punishment for visa overstay is a 20,000 baht fine and/or two years’ imprisonment.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Czech-tourist-sexoffender-fined-B1000-Phuket/66149?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-01-19

What a deplorable excuse for a human being. Keeping him alive now is the injustice. Put him to death immediately and delete his existence entirely. Birth certificates and everything deleted from history.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, GuestForLife said:

On PhuketNews extra yesterday they said that he's been extradited, I guess they were wrong about it.
1000 baht for almost a year and a half... how the math worked in this case... if one's a criminal  he'd pay less?? 

Phuket News wrote ...    

'Pfeifer was taken into custody, then taken to the Phuket Immigration Office detention centre in Phuket Town, where he remained overnight.

Pfeifer is expected to be flown to Bangkok to be handed over to authorities there later today.'

Read more at http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-hunt-down-hiv-czech-interpol-fugitive-60670.php

That's an horrific crime isn't it--to knowingly inflect some young person with this terrible disease. 

It seems that most people are upset about the small fine he got for overstaying.

If you do go in front of a court--they can impose whatever fine they wish---maybe the thinking was "get him out of the country ASAP"

Would assume they want shot of him asap and deport him back to Czech Republic so fined him whatever he had in is pocket rather than hold him in IDC until he paid or extradition paperwork came through.

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Phuket News wrote ...    

'Pfeifer was taken into custody, then taken to the Phuket Immigration Office detention centre in Phuket Town, where he remained overnight.

Pfeifer is expected to be flown to Bangkok to be handed over to authorities there later today.'

Read more at http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-hunt-down-hiv-czech-interpol-fugitive-60670.php

JP Mestanza on Phuket news extra (video news) 

01:15 

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

1,000 baht ... only .... 2 years in the clink would have been more appropriate ... let the inmates have their fun with him.

What about him spreading the HIV? THAT SHOULD FALL UNDER ATTEMPTED MURDER???

5 minutes ago, 6thST said:

What about him spreading the HIV? THAT SHOULD FALL UNDER ATTEMPTED MURDER???

Sure, if we manage to to ignore the fact that HIV is no longer a death sentence and can be pretty much controlled with proper treatment.

18 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Sure, if we manage to to ignore the fact that HIV is no longer a death sentence and can be pretty much controlled with proper treatment.

It only takes one person infected by him to die.There is no 100% cure...

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

1,000 baht ... only .... 2 years in the clink would have been more appropriate ... let the inmates have their fun with him.

And spread aids around the prison? There has to be a lot more to this story like a 20,000 baht find and extradition. This whole article sounds to Disney World to me. 

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Fun for him too....I would imagine.

Edited by dotpoom

1 hour ago, 6thST said:

It only takes one person infected by him to die.There is no 100% cure...

but every one dies. everyone he has spoken to will die. Murder charges are just ridiculous in thes case. criminal endangerment, or something to that effect seems a more rational option 

Edited by HooHaa

The latest Phuket News is worth a read ... http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-judge-hands-down-czech-fugitive-less-than-legal-minimum-for-visa-overstay-60687.php

"However, despite the severity of his overstay, the judge handed down the sentence of a fine of only B1,000 fine and a two-year prison sentence, which was suspended "

Asked how a judge could hand down a sentence less than the mandatory penalty by law in this case, Phuket Immigration Chief Pol Col Kantawat Pongsatanbordee told The Phuket News this afternoon, “I am busy. I am not available to comment.” 

Just another example of so called Thai justice at work ....

1000 BAHT ???? 

A couple years ago I inquired in JUNE about changing my work visa back to a retirement visa.

The large English guy in Thai Immigration uniform looked at my passport and said , "... Come back in October."  

I returned early September only to be told that my work visa had expired at the end of JULY

and I owed 500 baht per day X  34 Days = 17,000 Baht.

The English dude who had given me wrong information was not there that day but after much discussion I still had to pay 17,000 baht for 34 days.

How can this SEX OFFENDER get off with 1000 Baht after more than 365 days overstay ????

Justice ? Forget it !!!

59 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

The latest Phuket News is worth a read ... http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-judge-hands-down-czech-fugitive-less-than-legal-minimum-for-visa-overstay-60687.php

"However, despite the severity of his overstay, the judge handed down the sentence of a fine of only B1,000 fine and a two-year prison sentence, which was suspended "

Asked how a judge could hand down a sentence less than the mandatory penalty by law in this case, Phuket Immigration Chief Pol Col Kantawat Pongsatanbordee told The Phuket News this afternoon, “I am busy. I am not available to comment.” 

Just another example of so called Thai justice at work ....

Why didn't he plead guilty? Than the fine and sentence would be half:shock1:

7 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Yer... well... that might have suited this sick f&@k, spreading disease, with the greatest of ease.

however... branding his forehead first... in English and Thai ( to hurt more), might seem a workable solution... before incarceration.... or casteration perhaps