Running car costs

swbaggies

flame/insult and response removed..

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as service, I have experience at Ford, Toyota, Isuzu and Nissan dealers. Nissan is the cheapest in my experience. A tent dealer also told me the Nissan parts are cheaper than the others.

Annual cost of a Ford Ranger Open Cab

Oil/Fluids Service - 1500B *2 = 3000B

Major Service 8000B/2 years = 4000B (only on cars over 4 years old)

Insurance 2+ (inc compulsory) = 7000B/year

Tax = 1000B/year

Tyres (replace with Firestone every 4 years) @ 10000B/4years = 2500B/year

Ongoing costs excluding fuel total - 17500B/year or 1500B/month

Fuel (personal usage) = 2000B/month

Depreciation (620,000B new price, expected sale price of 170,000B @ 12 years) = 450,000B

Total cost over 12 years including fuel and depreciation = 450,000+(2000*144)+(17500*12) = 948,000B

Annual cost all in = 79,000B

Monthly cost all in = 6600B

Bet Jase has Black Windows n makes excuses for not having Clear Heat-film ..[emoji56] We all know his reply anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

No need. I have dual zone climate control (as in actual climate control, not the mislabled Toyota version that some members apparently have).

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

On 3/4/2017 at 5:54 PM, naboo said:

Annual cost of a Ford Ranger Open Cab

Oil/Fluids Service - 1500B *2 = 3000B

Major Service 8000B/2 years = 4000B (only on cars over 4 years old)

Insurance 2+ (inc compulsory) = 7000B/year

Tax = 1000B/year

Tyres (replace with Firestone every 4 years) @ 10000B/4years = 2500B/year

Ongoing costs excluding fuel total - 17500B/year or 1500B/month

Fuel (personal usage) = 2000B/month

Depreciation (620,000B new price, expected sale price of 170,000B @ 12 years) = 450,000B

Total cost over 12 years including fuel and depreciation = 450,000+(2000*144)+(17500*12) = 948,000B

Annual cost all in = 79,000B

Monthly cost all in = 6600B

cheap insurance, for the first few years covered by warranty, you would have to have the service carried out by Ford, surely 1,500 baht is a low figure, you are thinking that nothing will go wrong not even a battery, set of wipers, brake pads/shoes etc let alone something big.

15 hours ago, JacChang said:

Wipers are free, just go to a parking lot and exchange your old ones with the car next to you.

You get new wipers free when you buy new tyres. Just ask.

15 hours ago, steve187 said:

cheap insurance, for the first few years covered by warranty, you would have to have the service carried out by Ford, surely 1,500 baht is a low figure, you are thinking that nothing will go wrong not even a battery, set of wipers, brake pads/shoes etc let alone something big.

Insurance is 2+ from AXA, includes breakdown. Excellent package with cover up to 350,000B. Got the first year free on 1st class, 2nd year paid 12,000B for 1st class with AXA, 2+ since.

Battery, brake pads etc covered under major service. A well maintained truck won't have anything major go wrong inside 12 years.

Initial services I had done at Ford. I had vouchers for free servicing, had to pay for consumables. Usually 1700B, once 3500B. Later oil changes with Castrol Magnatec have been 1300B including filter. Buy 4 get 1 free as well, so over 12 years, averaging 1500B/6 months for minor services is about right.

Edited by naboo

32 minutes ago, naboo said:

Insurance is 2+ from AXA, includes breakdown. Excellent package with cover up to 350,000B. Got the first year free on 1st class, 2nd year paid 12,000B for 1st class with AXA, 2+ since.

Battery, brake pads etc covered under major service. A well maintained truck won't have anything major go wrong inside 12 years.

Initial services I had done at Ford. I had vouchers for free servicing, had to pay for consumables. Usually 1700B, once 3500B. Later oil changes with Castrol Magnatec have been 1300B including filter. Buy 4 get 1 free as well, so over 12 years, averaging 1500B/6 months for minor services is about right.

Hey Naboo

great work up on lifetime costs, like that.

Indeed if maintained you can be ok, depending on the type of miles you put on. Where do you go for service now post warranty? I paid a hefty premium I believe at the dealer and going forward will look for a price pont more song the lines of what you are quoting.

cheers

38 minutes ago, naboo said:

Nothing major go wrong inside twelve years..............?...:whistling:

32 minutes ago, kuma said:

Hey Naboo

great work up on lifetime costs, like that.

Indeed if maintained you can be ok, depending on the type of miles you put on. Where do you go for service now post warranty? I paid a hefty premium I believe at the dealer and going forward will look for a price pont more song the lines of what you are quoting.

cheers

For oil changes, I use a centre in a Shell station nearby. An oil change is an oil change, just choose a good oil.

For major services, I use Pro Auto in Chiang Mai (independent service centre, forum sponsor). Has a great reputation, the owner worked in repairs in the USA. Finding a good independent mechanic is the key, dealerships are pricey and usually staffed by unsupervised, inexperienced mechanics. Your national chains like b-quick are cheaper, but offer limited services and again, staffed by inexperienced mechanics. An independent lives on his reputation.

4 hours ago, naboo said:

12 years?   Wow, I can only dream... 

My next truck is a Toyota here in LOS's. They would have to drug me, beat me, threaten my family. Then I would think about it for a while before  I would buy another Ford.  LOL