Trump, now president, vows to put 'America First' in nationalist speech

rooster59

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Trump is a disgusting person with disgusting morals,he is a danger to democracy. 

You do realise that's a non sequitor don't you. There's no 1:1 relationship between a person's morals and their fitness to govern democratically. Dubya was a rather upright man yet totally unfit to govern. His father Poppy maintained a mistress the entire time he was in the White House, by all accounts, but wasn't too bad as a president

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I can't understand is how can he say that the USA's defense force is depleted when $600billion a year is spent on defense. Surely, with that amount of dosh, the defense force should be extensive or is it allocated the wrong way?

3 minutes ago, newatthis said:

What I can't understand is how can he say that the USA's defense force is depleted when $600billion a year is spent on defense. Surely, with that amount of dosh, the defense force should be extensive or is it allocated the wrong way?

The DoD has got some issues.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-audit-army-idUSKCN10U1IG

3 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

You do realise that's a non sequitor don't you. There's no 1:1 relationship between a person's morals and their fitness to govern democratically. Dubya was a rather upright man yet totally unfit to govern. His father Poppy maintained a mistress the entire time he was in the White House, by all accounts, but wasn't too bad as a president

I cant understand how you can say that, his morals reflect how he thinks, his world view, they will mirror his decisions. It has been shown that he lies, not even cleverly because he doesn't care if he is found out. Dubya was a liar as well, he is uneducated and gauche but as president he wasn't dangerous, as for Poppy having a mistress i don't think that reflects on his morals, these days it's almost the done thing, having said that the families wealth, like the Kennedy's, came from dubious sources. Nobody can expect that a person in power,especially a politician, is an angel but a certain foundation of integrity should exist, in Trump it is entirely missing. 

Trump should look at his own actions, in the UK he wanted to build an exclusive golf club on a wildlife reserve, the was a big public reaction against his proposal but he just sideswiped local objections , somehow got permission to build a golf club that no one wants, he is a bully self centered uncaring bar steward. He wants to isolate USA from the world market? Go ahead, American products are good but too expensive  abroad. They have been producing gas guzzling cars that the rest of the world don't want. More and more Japanese cars have been imported to USA why? Because they a super reliable very economical. So throw out the japs charge 35% to companies that have gone abroad. Many Americans will go bust then do you think? 

Whach your prices go sky. Unfortunately it's a global market pull out of that and you are in for an extremely hard time.

Get tough on immigration especially from some countries I totally agree with have to admit. But as a man I really don't like him . But time will tell.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Some Americans think that the world revolves around the USA and some countries follow like blind puppies, UK being one. Where USA pulls out other countries will step in. I live in the Philippines, and Du30 has told USA he will not be a puppet on USA, there are some similarities between the two presidents, but the great American dream has become a bit of a nightmare really. But let's just see what happens, tough rocky road ahead I feel

15 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I'm assuming that 9/11 wasn't an inside job although i'm not so sure about that these day's

So, hypothetically, you think that if Trump uses his office to aggrandize his own and his family's wealth while president, particularly if he doesn't improve the lives of those who voted for him, that will expose him as morally corrupt?

14 hours ago, Ken Khomdee said:

Good riddance Obama and your global, New World Order!

What a concept: to have a US President, who wants to put America first! All those protesters know their "free" government benefits are going to eventually be gone and they might have to work like the rest of us. They wont have time to protest with having to support themselves and their families.

I only hope he can do even half of what he said during the Inauguration.

New World Order?

Isn't that phrase from the Dubya era and his Neo-Cons?

5 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

So, hypothetically, you think that if Trump uses his office to aggrandize his own and his family's wealth while president, particularly if he doesn't improve the lives of those who voted for him, that will expose him as morally corrupt?

He doesn't need to do that to expose himself, he has started out his presidency being morally unfit for the job. What is worse is his attitude, he is breaking porcelain that shouldn't be broken, because he can, he wont listen to those who have an intimate knowledge of world affairs, he speaks unthinkingly and like a small child retracts, ''Nobody respects women more than me'' To the CIA after trashing them, 'I just want to say that i love you and respect you, you are doing a great job'' CIA director has released a statement saying 'I am deeply saddened and angered by Donald Trumps despicable display of self aggrandizement''.

10 hours ago, james1995 said:

Shaping up to be the best presidency ever.  Most Americans I know of are behind him 100%.

After two days?

Isn't "day one" on Monday?

PS. Please PM me the winning numbers of the next lottery. Thanks.

Edited by KarenBravo

7 hours ago, balo said:

In the 1930's it was Germany first and a new nationalism was borned  , now it's America first . Lets see how that will affect the world peace. 

Hitler's idea of "Germany" was "rule by and for the Ayrian race" - quite different than, say:

When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.

A new national pride will stir our souls, lift our sights, and heal our divisions.
It is time to remember that old wisdom our soldiers will never forget: that whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots, we all enjoy the same glorious freedoms, and we all salute the same great American Flag.
And whether a child is born in the urban sprawl of Detroit or the windswept plains of Nebraska, they look up at the same night sky, they fill their heart with the same dreams, and they are infused with the breath of life by the same almighty Creator.

...and then a rabbi gave an invocation, and his son-in-law, Orthodox Jew Jared Kushner, joined him in the White House.  Hitler, Trump ain't.

The transnational-owned media whose parent-companies profit from the globalist-policies Trump opposes will tell us to ignore what Trump stated with clear purpose in this speech.   They will cut bits out of their actual context and insert an alien context, as they always do - just as they have done with this 1930s flashback - to "demonize" him for their bosses, who have billions of dollars on the line.

Edited by JackThompson

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That he did. But he also lied about the unemployment numbers, and the CPI, by changing the parameters monthly, to support his claim that the economy was improving dramatically. It did improve. But, there are many millions more out of work than he has reported, and this was deliberate. Same with the inflation numbers. They are wildly fictitious. I do not care what anyone tells me. I can see the opposite on the ground. Prices have gone up dramatically, right across the board. To tell me 3% is an insult to my intelligence. 

How can he lie about that?  He doesn't make up the numbers and there are several different indexes that are used.  I'm pretty sure every president uses the same set of numbers.  And the same with inflation.  You'd need to show me proof of this.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jul/25/donald-trump-jr/donald-trump-jr-says-unemployment-rates-are-manipu/

The economists with whom we spoke said Trump is wrong to question the integrity of the federal unemployment data. The method of developing the estimates have been used for decades, their limitations are widely recognized, other economic indicators have confirmed their reliability, and there's no evidence that they have been massaged for political purposes.

Because his claim is in the realm of the ridiculous, we rate it Pants on Fire!

On 1/21/2017 at 7:00 PM, simple1 said:

From your article:

IBMers are members of a global family without borders. Hostile rhetoric towards immigrants, Muslims, Latinos, LGBT people, and others impinge on our core values of tolerance, diversity, and open exchange of ideas that are essential for innovation and our ability to recruit top talent. In this present context of insecurity and unpredictability, we also share deep concerns about recent reductions in benefits programs. This has consequences on the morale, retention, and well-being of long-term IBMers, especially those affected by our company’s transformation.

Trump should put America first and respect the current businesses that are global.

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

7 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

How can he lie about that?  He doesn't make up the numbers and there are several different indexes that are used.  I'm pretty sure every president uses the same set of numbers.  And the same with inflation.  You'd need to show me proof of this.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jul/25/donald-trump-jr/donald-trump-jr-says-unemployment-rates-are-manipu/

"Politifact" is not unbiased by any stretch -  their "fact-checking" of (excuse-making for) Hillary was comical. 

Changing how unemployment is counted is not new - Reagan did it shortly after taking office in 1981.  The "official" numbers are, essentially, propaganda-statistics, with a tangential reference to carefully-selected data.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Trump is a disgusting person with disgusting morals,he is a danger to democracy. All that money and no taste, he must have stopped reading after the Batman comics. Fury is justified.

Yes, you're right: this is a variation on The Clampetts come to Washington, the complete family including Jethro and Elly May. Only Granny is missing.

36 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Telling lies with statistics is so easy even a politician can do it. An economist named Darrell Huff once wrote a best-seller about it, “How to Lie With Statistics.” Harry S. Truman identified three kinds of lies, “lies, damned lies, and statistics.” That was more than a half-century ago, and the art and science of prevarication have only been improved through frequent use.

Unlike the “official” jobless rate, the Labor Department’s so-called “U-6” unemployment rate includes those working part time but who want a full-time job and can’t find one. The U-6 rate stood at 11.2 percent in December, nearly double the official rate.

Mr. Obama’s claim of a robust jobless rate takes no account of the record 92.9 million Americans no longer in the labor force. The labor participation rate was 62.7 percent in December, a 38-year low that recalled the “economic malaise” of the Carter presidency.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/8/editorial-obamas-unemployment-rate-lies-exposed-by/

"Widely reported unemployment metrics in the U.S. do not accurately represent the reality of joblessness in America," says Gallup. "For example, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) does not count a person who desires work as unemployed if he or she is not working and has stopped looking for work over the past four weeks. Similarly, the BLS does not count someone as unemployed if he or she is, for instance, an out-of-work engineer, construction worker or retail manager who performs a minimum of one hour of work a week and receives at least $20 in compensation."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/real-unemployment-rate-95

Did you read my link?  It doesn't seem so.  The unemployment numbers used by Obama are the same ones used by every president since they were invented.  So, impossible for him to lie.  You may not like the number, but he did not lie.  And as I said, there are several different indicators for unemployment and all are currently down significantly.

don't forget the Huge Trump Project No. 1 .... which involves 'the Yuan is undervalued'... same same Thai Baht (VERY obviously).

ready for a Baht in the teens? cause that's what "China is undervalued" comes out to be. USA jobs jobs jobs. Thailand Baht Baht Baht. with USA still in twin deficits ****even**** with Shale Gas tech.

and Thai and Chinese domestically economies driven by a continuing emergent Middle Class plus Repatriated Upper Class Foreign Holdings...  

be hedged on the dollar/Baht cross..... or else.

p.s. my batting average on this the last 60 years is better than Soros... and Soros is on the same page... but the US equity market ain't (the rate/Trump bounce flows could be quite temporary).   

Edited by maewang99

Trump on Saturday accused the media of lying on the estimate number of people who attended the speech on friday, claiming, unquestionably, that "a million and a half people" were present.

http://patch.com/virginia/mclean/trump-cia-headquarters-looked-million-people-his-inauguration

Trump claimed as many as 1.5 million people attended his inauguration rather than the widely reported estimate of 250,000. Ignoring photos and video to the contrary, he also claimed the National Mall audience stretched as far as the Washington monument.

The aerial images broadcast on friday by American television showed a crowd that did not go to the Washington Monument and was clearly less than a million and a half.

Edited by Opl

Obama was not the first to run up the USA debt, George W.  did a great job of that too.   I just hope that president Trump will not only get a lot more people back to work, but will try his best to get some of the debt down a bit. I figure that as long as there is a few  convenient  places that are fighting, and it keeps the military doing well, there will be a need for more minerals to be mined, more electricity to use up, more people to feed, etc. As long as a lot of the World economy is in the tank, interest rates will stay low. Oil and gas prices will be relatively low, and unless the USA, China,Russia, ME, and south America, follow Canada's stupid carbon tax policy, most of the world will be okay in 2017

Geezer

33 minutes ago, Opl said:

Trump on Saturday accused the media of lying on the estimate number of people who attended the speech on friday, claiming, unquestionably, that "a million and a half people" were present.

http://patch.com/virginia/mclean/trump-cia-headquarters-looked-million-people-his-inauguration

Trump claimed as many as 1.5 million people attended his inauguration rather than the widely reported estimate of 250,000. Ignoring photos and video to the contrary, he also claimed the National Mall audience stretched as far as the Washington monument.

The aerial images broadcast on friday by American television showed a crowd that did not go to the Washington Monument and was clearly less than a million and a half.

At the same venue Trump also managed to again annoy members of the CIA whilst trying to mend relations.

"Former CIA Director Brennan is deeply saddened and angered at Donald Trump's despicable display of self-aggrandizement in front of CIA's Memorial Wall of Agency heroes,"

A former senior CIA officer told NBC News he was embarrassed, watching the remarks, which he called a "free-wheeling, narcissistic diatribe."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-cia-boss-brennan-others-rip-trump-speech-front-memorial-n710366

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots

Whut?? I coulda sworn he said:

"Whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots, out of our wherevers."

:smile:

22 hours ago, sujoop said:

'Donald Trump said his inauguration will have "unbelievable, perhaps record-setting turnout".

Indications suggest that his hopes were greatly dashed...

Melania is probably long used to hearing 'HUUUGE' promises and going to sleep snickering. Similarly huuuge talkin' Trump supporters with their collective dumbed-down short-comings will say ' it just don't matter',  meanwhile the rest of us are just trying not to laugh while grimacing.

Looking at the news this morning he is taking the "lying" media to task on this one. Then there is the rumor that he photo shopped pics from the Obama inauguration to "beef" his day of glory. 

One thing about rousing a mob…it can turn on you quickly.

Trump's promises, to turn back the hands of time and to let people have their cake and eat it too, are simply unfulfillable.

Yes, I dread what Trump's presidency holds in store.  But what I dread most is the day his supporters realize how badly they have been duped.