White House says media delegitimizing Trump, won't 'take it'

webfact

59 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

The media has not been dishonest about Trump.  It's just that Trump doesn't like to be challenged.  Which they do.  It's a great reason to have free and independent media. 

Spot on.In his previous job he was a bully boy boss and nobody challenged him.His ego is very soft and he knows he is not up to the job so attack the messenger is the way to go.This will not end well.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching a non-US news station and one of the reporters was wringing her hands about how to cover a case where the president of the US says one thing but your eyes see something else.  This was in reference to DT's claim his inauguration had the biggest turnout ever, while photos comparing the crowd  to Obama's in 2009 told another story.

He's denouncing the US press now, it will soon be the world media as his enemy.  He should make RT the only press he'll talk to.

With all the things a real president would have to contend with upon assuming the office, the most important thing to this prolapse is the number of spectators.

Alternate facts!  Gotta love it.

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Same as with Obama being a Kenyan, he kept on and on, depsite the evidence being very clear.

Which is ironic, as Obama seems to have automatically regained his Kenyan citizenship during his second term in office, as part of Kenya's moves to allow dual citizenship and restore it to those who had been stripped of it for holding another nationality.

[humor]

DISTURBED MAN GETS PAST WHITE HOUSE SECURITY, GIVES PRESS CONFERENCE

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A man who was described as “visibly deranged” eluded the Secret Service on Saturday and gave a five-minute press conference at the White House.

The man, who somehow obtained White House credentials in order to bypass security, unloaded a delusional and paranoid rant that left a room full of experienced reporters shaken.

“We were all very, very scared,” Tracy Klugian, a reporter who witnessed the incident, said. “The things he was shouting made absolutely no sense, and he seemed to just get angrier and angrier.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/disturbed-man-gets-past-white-house-security-gives-press-conference

15 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Leave it to Sewer Rat Barbie to come up with "alternative facts".

The more I think about this 'Alternative Facts' caper, the more I draw parallels with '1984'.

To bad this (Goebbels) Conway has already got a new gig, she would make a great inaugural "Minister of Truth" wouldn't she eh?

Edited by NumbNut

15 minutes ago, Richard W said:

Which is ironic, as Obama seems to have automatically regained his Kenyan citizenship during his second term in office, as part of Kenya's moves to allow dual citizenship and restore it to those who had been stripped of it for holding another nationality.

Don't know if true or not, but totally off topic anyway.

It must be tough for Trump.  He has to deal with the liberals and their lying media plus the non-Americans who having been sucking off the US tit for decades.  I'm betting most of the anti-Trump losers that are posting here aren't even Americans.  As far as democracy and the press the media in the US has totally abused Freedom of the Press by deliberately lying to the American public.  It's their responsibility to tell the American public the truth not lie or slant the news.  Trump knows this and is by-passing the media.  And as far as being thin skinned I'm glad to see a President stand up to the lies and defend his integrity.  So you non-Americans go get your own house in order because we're cleaning up ours .

Is the media at fault when he denies demonstrable facts?

i.e. Who started the split with US intelligence, denigration of a disabled reporter and crowd size. These are all on record. Are you going to believe Trump, or, your own ears and eyes?

Even Fox News is starting to grill his administration about this subject (Chris Wallace interview with Priebus).

Edited by KarenBravo

Just now, JXCutter said:

It must be tough for Trump.  He has to deal with the liberals and their lying media plus the non-Americans who having been sucking off the US tit for decades.  I'm betting most of the anti-Trump losers that are posting here aren't even Americans.  As far as democracy and the press the media in the US has totally abused Freedom of the Press by deliberately lying to the American public.  It's their responsibility to tell the American public the truth not lie or slant the news.  Trump knows this and is by-passing the media.  And as far as being thin skinned I'm glad to see a President stand up to the lies and defend his integrity.  So you non-Americans go get your own house in order because we're cleaning up ours .

So Trump didn't claim that his health insurance replacement for Obama would provide insurance for everybody and that the finishing strokes to it were just being applied?

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

From the Urban dictionary: link

An overly sensitive person, incapable of dealing with any opinions that differ from their own. These people can often be seen congregating in "safe zones" on college campuses.
Those social justice warriors are just a bunch of snowflakes.

Thank You,  Canuckamuck, for the link you shared.

" Urban dictionary is written by you" .. have a look on other expressions proposed this month

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

It is not the media he is at war with, it is facts he is fighting. Has been since the start of his campaign, and this won't change. A potentially very dangerous development, he'll try to make his truth THE truth.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

He's entitled to his opinion but neither he nor anyone else is entitled to their own FACTS.

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

Now your stretching the truth just a bit too far, Obama - Mr Change?

He is stretching the truth. But what I've noticed about Trump supporters is that they revert to the statement that all politicians lie.  The thing is, that it takes no account of the volume of lying.  It can be objectively shown that nobody, but nobody, in politics lies with the extraordinary frequency of Donald Trump.

9 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

He is stretching the truth. But what I've noticed about Trump supporters is that they revert to the statement that all politicians lie.  The thing is, that it takes no account of the volume of lying.  It can be objectively shown that nobody, but nobody, in politics lies with the extraordinary frequency of Donald Trump.

Obama, like Bush Sr., have been accused of lying, but it was mainly because the opposition blocked them getting their promises fulfilled.  I don't call that lying.

Trump out and out lies.  No denying that.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

[humor]

DISTURBED MAN GETS PAST WHITE HOUSE SECURITY, GIVES PRESS CONFERENCE

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A man who was described as “visibly deranged” eluded the Secret Service on Saturday and gave a five-minute press conference at the White House.

The man, who somehow obtained White House credentials in order to bypass security, unloaded a delusional and paranoid rant that left a room full of experienced reporters shaken.

“We were all very, very scared,” Tracy Klugian, a reporter who witnessed the incident, said. “The things he was shouting made absolutely no sense, and he seemed to just get angrier and angrier.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/disturbed-man-gets-past-white-house-security-gives-press-conference

You are watching the new normal

"Easing the burden of Obamacare" i.e. Taking away health insurance from 20 million Americans who have less money than Trump. 

Trump delegitimized himself through his words and actions, he really doesn't need any help from the left or the media.  

2 hours ago, louse1953 said:

So Trump is a snow flake.

Don't be silly.

The snowflakes react to things they don't like by curling up in a ball, whimpering for their mommies to make the nasty man go away.

Trump takes stuff he doesn't like and then punches back twice as hard.

5 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Don't be silly.

The snowflakes react to things they don't like by curling up in a ball, whimpering for their mommies to make the nasty man go away.

Trump takes stuff he doesn't like and then punches back twice as hard.

And somehow ends up hitting himself in the face. And then he whines about that by blaming the media for quoting him.

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Seems to me that the media is fomenting the grounds for a revolution. Completely different treatment of this president than any other, totally adversarial and coordinated. Right from the moment Trump began to rise as a nominee.

The term media has a very broad meaning today.  In addition the media, as always, hold a variety of editorial axess to grind ... depending on the views of their readers/viewers.  In the case of Trump (who I admittedly dislike) I am taking a much more cynical view.  The traditional news media (TV and newspapers) are in big trouble today.  "Eyeballs" have been moving to other media for years and advertising revenues are in sharp and alarming decline.  Having a man like Trump is a godsend for them, a ratings/circulation godsend that will help them stem to decline of advertising revenues, at least temporarily.  All they need do is ratchet up the hysteria and vitriol that oozes out of Trump everyday day (or alternatively defend it and repackage it - if this is what their audience wishes to hear).  They will drop it faster than a primed grenade if ratings/circulation does not change.  More likely when the next ratings bonanza of war or Muslim fundamentalism etc pokes up its head again.

I understand that the pursuit of profit can give rise to regrettable unintended consequences.  That is what I thought would happen with the Tea Party nutters.  It did not.  They were just too fringe for even staunch GOP supporters.  I believe (hope) that the balanced view will win out here again.

5 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

All true. The media have often been dishonest about the new president and distorted the facts. However, I wish that he would pick his battles more carefully. There are instances where he is wrong about things and will not admit it.

He may be correct about the most watched inauguration in history, but it is pretty obvious that it was on TV and electronic devices, not on the steets in Washington DC.

I think it equates to the war of the worlds being the most listened radio broadcast once upon a time.  

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

He follows the bigger the lie  the more plausible it is theory.