New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

tandor

On 7/16/2017 at 2:03 PM, DavisH said:

I don't know if a twin centre pipe can be fitted as we seem to have the fuel tank right in the middle and it sits quite low. 

Asked couple of dealers and shops today. Apparently that one on the photo - exhaust mufflers are fake - it is just a "skirt".
For hatchback not available yet.

But I changed logos today to be red, on white car looks very nice :) :)

1500303683566.jpg

1500303688683.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2unique said:

the chrome finishers for the sedan can't be fitted to the hatch as the pipes turn down at the end on that model...

Yes they can, the Genuine Honda one entails removing the turned down pipe, and fitting a new system completely, it must cost a bit because they are not false but functioning,, bit like the Lady who owned it. Far more interesting.!!.

On 3/27/2017 at 5:58 AM, 2unique said:

Useful? Walls and kerbs i didn't worry about pulling up to previously now seem very high

Seems like that is set up more for  road imperfections  and obstructions than accidents. Doesn't make sense to me (worldwide) why automakers haven't had dash cams for a decade or more already for accidents, insurance and litigation. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, fullcave said:

Seems to be a promotion on the hatchback model which is in the showrooms now. Free accessories and free first class car insurance plus some money back. Anybody bought one yet? 

It's too bad lanewatch and navi wasn't provided...I'd wait to see what a minor model change brings.

31 minutes ago, DavisH said:

It's too bad lanewatch and navi wasn't provided...I'd wait to see what a minor model change brings.

It does have Android Auto so you can use google.maps.

As an alternative e-brake bypass and screen mirror BUT Android Auto is far superior ...

Personally I prefer the non-hatchback model. The boot is huge.

2 hours ago, JAS21 said:

It does have Android Auto so you can use google.maps.

Personally I prefer the non-hatchback model. The boot is huge.

Yes, Google maps is far superior to the Navi in the older models which is pretty much useless and I never use. In fact, I'd rather use a cheap Garmin any day to the Navi system with its slow speed and having many functions inaccessible while the car is moving.

Yes, the boot is massive especially with the seats folded down. Unfortunately, you can't fold the seats down with non-hatchback model. 

The local dealer is being vague about exactly how much "cash back" with the current promotion and simply told me to ask the other dealers in the area and they’d match the price. :annoyed: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fullcave said:

Yes, Google maps is far superior to the Navi in the older models which is pretty much useless and I never use. In fact, I'd rather use a cheap Garmin any day to the Navi system with its slow speed and having many functions inaccessible while the car is moving.

Yes, the boot is massive especially with the seats folded down. Unfortunately, you can't fold the seats down with non-hatchback model. 

The local dealer is being vague about exactly how much "cash back" with the current promotion and simply told me to ask the other dealers in the area and they’d match the price. :annoyed: 

As far as I know (dealers in Kalasin and Khon Kaen): you get the money back for the white color so 10,000 THB. If you chose another color, no discount.

7 hours ago, fullcave said:

Seems to be a promotion on the hatchback model which is in the showrooms now. Free accessories and free first class car insurance plus some money back. Anybody bought one yet? 

The March Motor Show offer on the RS was as below. We bought a couple of weeks before as it was a cancellation... guy changed his mind and wanted the Hatchback. If we had waited for the show it would have been a June delivery. If I recall correctly offer on the hatchback was pretty similar.

I think most of the 'extras' are Honda Offer. It was something like

1st Insurance

Government Insurance

Carpet

Rubber Mats

No Plate Holder

Kick strip below front door

Boot Tray

Rear 'bleep bleep' sensors ...these were fitted by the garage

Tow Rope

Jump Leads

Torch

Anti sun things for the windows

A fold up bike

Two Years Ultra Care ...that is worth about 20,000thb

Exhaust Chromes ... don't think they will fit on the Hatchback

Polish  **

Under Body Paint **

English Manual ... never appeared even after several excuses ...so wrote direct to Honda and a few days later both turned up in the post

** declined and had the money

They also wanted to charge 4500thb to register the vehicle ... declined and my wife did it for about 100thb.

No idea what the offer is now ... but above may be of some help. 

The B.I.T.E.C. BIG MOTOR SHOW is on 19th to 27th August ... and Bangkok Motor Expo starts end of November.

• Like 1

With my Hatchback that I purchased 1 month ago in BKK was included not much :

- 1 year 1st class warranty
- 3000 baht Honda coupons (6x500 baht for Hona accessories and services)
- floor carpets
- spare wheel in the boot, tools - but I think that's standard

- plate frame was included
- I rejected registration fee 4500 baht, I will do it myself, but still waiting for papers from Honda
- I paid additional 5000 baht for American Auto window films, dash cam free with this purchase
- I paid 10,000 baht for white color

So not much was included, but that time Hatchback was really hard to get and waiting line was long. Now maybe is different.

5 minutes ago, baywatch82 said:

- floor carpets

- I rejected registration fee 4500 baht, I will do it myself, but still waiting for papers from Honda
- I paid additional 5000 baht for American Auto window films, dash cam free with this purchase

So not much was included, but that time Hatchback was really hard to get and waiting line was long. Now maybe is different.

What window tint % did you go for?  I don't like the dark tint on the windscreen - as I can't see at night, but the TGF thinks her skin will go dark if we don't have 40% plus tint.

I was offered a similar deal on a white Hatchback, but they included the window film (with a choice of several suppliers) and threw in a camera.

Availability was within one month.

They don't do the free Honda folding bike anymore.

Trying to decide between the Civic hatch and the HR-V.  Similar list price, but better deals on the HR-V, I guess because it's an older model, and immediate availability on a white HR-V.

1 hour ago, baywatch82 said:

- floor carpets

I forgot the free film ... declined and got a rebate of 3500thb. Bought Cardinal Seven window film at the Motor Show. We had what they call 50 on the windscreen and front side windows and what they call 70 on the other windows. Night time vision is quite good. Look back to a discussion on window films ...around April time... I put some with and without photos.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/972896-glass-film/?page=10

It cost I think 16000thb. and I prefer it to the SolarXF that we fitted to the EV. Both firms will offer a 20% discount for a recommendation ... PM me if you want one ... if you can't get a better deal. Maybe when BITEC is on there will be offers even if the companies are not at the show.

The film that Honda offer was not of the quality that we wanted ... 

We waited to order until we saw the hatchback then immediately decided for us the saloon the best choice ...the huge boot sold it to us. We went for the RS instead of the standard 1.5 Turbo purely because it has a full set of airbags...expensive air bags....

Edited by JAS21
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

What window tint % did you go for?  I don't like the dark tint on the windscreen - as I can't see at night, but the TGF thinks her skin will go dark if we don't have 40% plus tint.

I was offered a similar deal on a white Hatchback, but they included the window film (with a choice of several suppliers) and threw in a camera.

Trying to decide between the Civic hatch and the HR-V.  Similar list price, but better deals on the HR-V, I guess because it's an older model, and immediate availability on a white HR-V.

I think I have 40% all around, brand American Auto. I think it is quite good quality. Driving at night no problem at all.
In my opinion HR-V is more functional for a family, but lacks power and fuel consumption is higher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

I forgot the free film ... declined and got a rebate of 3500thb. Bought Cardinal Seven window film at the Motor Show. We had what they call 50 on the windscreen and front side windows and what they call 70 on the other windows. Night time vision is quite good. Look back to a discussion on window films ...around April time... I put some with and without photos.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/972896-glass-film/?page=10

It cost I think 16000thb. and I prefer it to the SolarXF that we fitted to the EV. Both firms will offer a 20% discount for a recommendation ... PM me if you want one ... if you can't get a better deal. Maybe when BITEC is on there will be offers even if the companies are not at the show.

The film that Honda offer was not of the quality that we wanted ... 

We waited to order until we saw the hatchback then immediately decided for us the saloon the best choice ...the huge boot sold it to us. We went for the RS instead of the standard 1.5 Turbo purely because it has a full set of airbags...expensive air bags....

Great, thanks.   Useful thread.  

I think I have 40% all around, brand American Auto. I think it is quite good quality. Driving at night no problem at all.
In my opinion HR-V is more functional for a family, but lacks power and fuel consumption is higher.

That said you can use E85 in the HRV at 5 baht a litre cheaper than the turbos requirement of at least E20.

I managed to get the LED scuff plates added to my list as well as the other optional extras. Give it a go, nothing wrong with being cheeky ;)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Now Waze app is working together with Android Auto, which is great !

For those who don't know :
Waze app is based on google maps, but added some good functions. Users can leave warnings to other users (pinned point on the map), if they see police checkpoints, speed cameras, traffic issues, accidents, constructions etc.
Also what I like about Waze is - it zooms in and out automatically according to your speed, and also have different colors than google maps, making it more eye-friendly.

So if you have Waze installed on your phone and Android Auto, you just connect to your car's unit same as normally you do with Android Auto. Then inside Android Auto, you can choose between Google maps or Waze.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
I was really pushing them hard to do that, but they are refusing. Even my thai wife was very firm on them on the phone, and we also visited dealership again in person. They just say "need to be patient", and "can't tell exactly when".
I am really pissed off because when I was paying deposit, they said 4 weeks. Now is already 9 weeks and they still can't tell me when it will arrive. 
I am at the point when I really want to cancel my deposit with them.
I have already contacted another dealership in BKK and they "guarantee" to get this car in 3rd week of June. I might fly from Chiang Mai to BKK and coe back with a car.

Contact head office with complaint

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2017 at 12:31 PM, Kinnock said:

My TGF bought a Mitsubishi Attrage while I was out of the country . When I returned I of course took it out for a drive and was pleased with the performance especially the CVT transmission .Went on a round trip and got 18klm to the liter . However I had not been out at night but when I did I was alarmed at how poor the headlights were , so much so that I took the car back to the dealer . They took it to the workshop and I was watching from the customer lounge and no attempt was made to rectify the lights . They brought out the car to me and I said there was no power to the lights and you have done nothing so they took the car back to the workshop and a master technician took over . He drove our car to a white wall and did the same with a Ford and then put both sets of lights on to compare the strength , result they were about the same . I explained that I could not drive at night and something wrong with the lights , he then put his hand behind and inside of both of the windscreens and the hand was visible on the Ford but invisible on the Attrage . The car was 2 months old and had been fitted with a grade 80 film all round to my GF instructions . I said that they should know how dangerous that was and should change it to a 40 for free but they refused and said it will be 2000 baht but could be done by another company for 800 baht . I was looking at buying a Pajero from them but told them forget it as the Customer service was not good . They said sorry sir and 3 of them stood in a line and waved me good bye as I drove off - lost a 1.5 million baht sale for the sake of maybe 1000 baht to them .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Why should they pay to fix your GF's stuffup? 

Well I am surprised by your logic , the answer is -------- to show good customer care and for the sake of maybe 1000 baht to them they would have had a new sale . If you were the owner of that dealership would you have done the same ? If it was me I would be replacing the film at no cost with apologies for fitting such a dangerous vision limiting film . There appears to be no laws on screen tinting in Thailand . I Googled  tint regulations and the Thai guide is 40%,  UK state 75% of light on front windscreen is the law , so in effect a 25% tint . Fitting 80 % tint by a dealership is irresponsible and dangerous and they should be held accountable . I am writing to Mitsubishi and in the hope that they will issue instructions to their franchises and maybe save someones life   

Well I am surprised by your logic , the answer is -------- to show good customer care and for the sake of maybe 1000 baht to them they would have had a new sale . If you were the owner of that dealership would you have done the same ? If it was me I would be replacing the film at no cost with apologies for fitting such a dangerous vision limiting film . There appears to be no laws on screen tinting in Thailand . I Googled  tint regulations and the Thai guide is 40%,  UK state 75% of light on front windscreen is the law , so in effect a 25% tint . Fitting 80 % tint by a dealership is irresponsible and dangerous and they should be held accountable . I am writing to Mitsubishi and in the hope that they will issue instructions to their franchises and maybe save someones life   

Did you not read or understand my post?

It’ll be good when you write to Mitsu coz guess wot...... they won’t care - too funny

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Don't take this the wrong way, superal, but I'm concerned that you thought there was a problem with the headlights without noticing the windscreen tint.

Anyway, I have 40 on my windscreen and that is as dark as I'd want to go. That said, your dealership may have been worried that if they'd refused your GFs request of 80% they may have lost the sale, and I don't see why they should have rectified it free of charge. Had you have put a deposit down for the Pajero (I'm assuming you didn't), then it may have been a different outcome.

Edited by Wiggy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Don't take this the wrong way, superal, but I'm concerned that you thought there was a problem with the headlights without noticing the windscreen tint.

Anyway, I have 40 on my windscreen and that is as dark as I'd want to go. That said, your dealership may have been worried that if they'd refused your GFs request of 80% they may have lost the sale, and I don't see why they should have rectified it free of charge. Had you have put a deposit down for the Pajero (I'm assuming you didn't), then it may have been a different outcome.

I also found it quite funny that he thought the power was down to the lights.

Would have been very simple for most to work out the problem at home.

I note he thinks it's every bodies fault except the girlfriend and himself  

• Haha 1