New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

tandor

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If so thats the cheaper one thats on SILs Altis TRD.    Its a THING with me .6 Honda's so far, and we allways click for the rubbish ,but the Showroom and the ones i see at 1st services have Mich reasonable grade.Bloody Accountants.!!, never liked em.:post-4641-1156693976:

4 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

If so thats the cheaper one thats on SILs Altis TRD.    Its a THING with me .6 Honda's so far, and we allways click for the rubbish ,but the Showroom and the ones i see at 1st services have Mich reasonable grade.Bloody Accountants.!!, never liked em.:post-4641-1156693976:

I have michelin ps3 on both of my cars. They were a bit noiser when new than some of my other tires I've had, but the wet grip is great. However, they lose their dry grip over time - I assume my wheel spinning civic under acceleration is due to this loss (didn't happen when new), and I didn't get about 50hp from somewhere:). Advan DB were also recommended to me for their quietness. 

3 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

How do You know that.?.

Based on commentary and previous tests of these tires. There is also the bridgestone turanza gr-100 that has a good reputation.

If you know of a quieter tire let me know (that can last at least 40K kms)

But its new Car, im one about road/cabin noise, the TRD is Quiet on road noise with Yoko, but Toyos are quiet anyway. I must try the RS next week, out of mine n into that, so there's no assume in it. Iza tad fussy over Road noise cause i cant stand Music in the Car, Mrs Pops yappins enough.:smile:

Those are about as quiet as you will get. How is the noise level and ride comfort? 

In city the comfort has been phenomenal. Grip great ad well, the steering goes from lock to lock very rapidly the faster you turn the less turns it takes... bizarre but quite intuitive.

Taking the family and mother on the expressway so will report back on road noise when traveling over 100 kph for prolonged periods

This is a very nice expressway ride... little to no wind noise and not much tyre noise either. Wife said exhaust blowy in the back seats when accelerating hard from 80 to 120... that said the pick up is instant with only the barest of lag

I miss my HiDs not convinced by the leds but definitely better than halogen.

Overall the car pootles at 40 around town but excels at 70 and above. Bit of body roll taking s-bends at 70+ but the car handles extremely well when you ask it to nip and tuck thru Sunday drivers.

Parking is really a breeze with the camera and side mirrors despite the lack of rear visibility. Although blindspots when going forwards are a challenge and force you to change driving habits particularly if coming down from a Ranger or other higher riding big wing mirrored car

Also the lowered seating won't be for everyone.. I kept looking for a couple of inches from the height adjuster but that might be coming from a hi-ride. Telescopic steering wheel combined with low fitted seats does make for a very tight racy feel withoit ever feeling cramped tho

Unconvinced by the center instrument display. I found having music and other things there distracting. But I was flicking and testing a lot.

Seatbelt reminder was a bit hit and miss. Honda hid my rear sensor speaker in the jack compartment so can't hear... er jack from that and keep forgetting I have a camera again.

So there are some niggles but some are driver habits coming down from a MU7 and then a Ranger but a 70km trip to the estuary and then back with 3 adults total and child left me feeling very pleased with purchase.

The only issue for my wife is the body roll that 2unique mentioned. My wife is coming from a 2012 Focus Sport+ and the handling for that is a class in its own in Thailand. it corners flat. Its seems as good as my MINI cooper (2003) which I bougth new in the UK and it was like a go kart. The Focus gave my wife so much confidence in corners. We haven't driven the hatchback yet but will in a week or so. A pet theory I have as to why people often can't negotiate a bend here is that none of the cars handle well apart from Fords and Mazdas which are a tiny fraction of motorists.

2 hours ago, Big Guns said:

The only issue for my wife is the body roll that 2unique mentioned. My wife is coming from a 2012 Focus Sport+ and the handling for that is a class in its own in Thailand. it corners flat. Its seems as good as my MINI cooper (2003) which I bougth new in the UK and it was like a go kart. The Focus gave my wife so much confidence in corners. We haven't driven the hatchback yet but will in a week or so. A pet theory I have as to why people often can't negotiate a bend here is that none of the cars handle well apart from Fords and Mazdas which are a tiny fraction of motorists.

That's why the suspension aftermarket is so big here:) There are already tuning options for the FC sedan - including brake kits and suspension kits. 

I don't think the Owner/Posters here are Boy Racer types.In this Class I say the Maz3 is best Toyo worst,comparing Mini Cars to the Honda is ridiculous. Don't relax when you go back to Truck You soon get that " OH SHIT " moment in the Mountains.82f8eb420c471fb3930fe64dfd53f001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I thought only the Hilux gave one that moment, especially when avoiding the occasional moose?

14 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

I don't think the Owner/Posters here are Boy Racer types.In this Class I say the Maz3 is best Toyo worst,comparing Mini Cars to the Honda is ridiculous. Don't relax when you go back to Truck You soon get that " OH SHIT " moment in the Mountains.82f8eb420c471fb3930fe64dfd53f001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That looks like the Suzuki SJ413 I rented in Samui a few years back!!

34 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Just bought the Civic Hatchback Turbo having traded the Accord in.

For anyone interested, bare in mind the hatch does not come with RS features such as Nav, mirror cams.

I think this is poor marketing by Honda. Why can't one buy the hatchback with RS features? It seems silly to me, especially as it's being offered in other countries.

2 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

I think this is poor marketing by Honda. Why can't one by the hatchback with RS features? It seems silly to me, especially as it's being offered in other countries.

I can only assume Honda expect to sell more hatchback soon and may offer it when saloon models are fewer.  Similar to the Mazda 3 when everyone though hatchbacks wouldn't sell.

13 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Just bought the Civic Hatchback Turbo having traded the Accord in.

For anyone interested, bare in mind the hatch does not come with RS features such as Nav, mirror cams.

And Lanewatch.

Mrs J has had hers three days now. She drove BK to Bang Saray yesterday. I'm not too keen on the passenger seat though, just doesn't feel the same as the drivers seat ... maybe because it's only 4-way.

Was allowed a drive last night ... I really like it. My view, a far better choice than the Mazda3 or the Focus. Of course 200,000thb more than the Focus so it should be.

The headlights are very impressive, the road changes to white.

The Nav system took us into huge delays on Route7 whereas maps google would have taken us a different way ...live and learn ...

1 minute ago, JAS21 said:

And Lanewatch.

Mrs J has had hers three days now. She drove BK to Bang Saray yesterday. I'm not too keen on the passenger seat though, just doesn't feel the same as the drivers seat ... maybe because it's only 4-way.

Was allowed a drive last night ... I really like it. My view, a far better choice than the Mazda3 or the Focus. Of course 200,000thb more than the Focus so it should be.

Is the lane watch worth it?

We went to Honda assuming the features would be the same on the hatch. 

12 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

And Lanewatch.

The Nav system took us into huge delays on Route7 whereas maps google would have taken us a different way ...live and learn ...

i must admit I'd rather have Nav than the paddle shifters... I use my foot to change gears!! Even the Lanewatch would be better than paddle shifters for the extra 70k you're paying over the 1.5 turbo. Ok you get the LED lights and no need to pay extra for a spoiler but who paddle shifts on a regular commute!

Going to investigate the HDMI mirrorcast option to send my phone screen wirelessly to the dashboard - there's a place near Laem Chabang - which should be an option for getting Google Maps up in there.

20 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Is the lane watch worth it?

We went to Honda assuming the features would be the same on the hatch. 

Lanewatch ..it works when you put the left indicator on or you can have it running all the time.

A good idea as you can see everything behind you and all in one place. I need to use it more as present view is everything seems to be happening very fast ...same as playback on a car cam. You seemed to be driving much faster than you actually were.

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

I think this is poor marketing by Honda. Why can't one buy the hatchback with RS features? It seems silly to me, especially as it's being offered in other countries.

Maybe they will turn up in a mid life update. They have to add something to sell more. 

29 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

de-tuned due to low octane fuel

Our premium is 95RON here, but I think in the US their premium fuel is 98RON. I will stand corrected if wrong. I'd certainly be using 95 - I've found it to be better (economy, at least) in both of my cars than 91 and E20. 

I get completely lost with this Gas thing.If you follow the Turbo Drift Racers, suddenly a new winner pops up sayin This year were much faster now we can run E85. FACT!!. Then i read powers down on Thai Honda here cause we dont have suitable Yank fuel. Some right Cobblers going on.:post-4641-1156693976:.

Archived