New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

tandor

On 09/04/2017 at 0:20 PM, Dagnabbit said:

Why would someone buy the 1.5 Turbo though?

It's still gutless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gutless ... try sitting at the side of MrsJ when she is driving her RS ... it seems 'frighteningly' fast :smile:

And as said before she much preferred it to both the Mazda3 and the Ford Focus.  Paid the extra, for the RS over the standard one, as wanted a full set of air bags.  

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, 2unique said:

Just watched YouTube vid where the 10th gen sedan destroys a 9th gen SI ... both stock... seemed pretty gutsy

Yep, most videos I've seen show the stock 1.5T (I assume the 180hp touring edition) to be quicker than the 9th gen SI (205HP). 

The 10th gen SI has also been released now, 205hp from the same 1.5T. Not sure what the differences are though. 

Either way, a few basic mods pushes the 1.5T well over 200hp - fastest I've seen from Thailand so far, is 0-100 about 6.5 sec, and top speed 242 km/h. Not bad for a 4 pot. 

Gutless ... try sitting at the side of MrsJ when she is driving her RS ... it seems 'frighteningly' fast :smile:

And as said before she much preferred it to both the Mazda3 and the Ford Focus.  Paid the extra, for the RS over the standard one, as wanted a full set of air bags.  

Where these Gutless cars surprise everyone is on clear Motorway ,they shoot to 200 from 90 like a rocket,yeh gutless if you ain't got one .[emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Anyone got fuel economy figures for their rs turbo yet? I've been told 15 km/l in open driving. Anyone else?

Have a look at my post #214

Also I record all fill ups on www.fuelly.com ...look for jas21  and here is a snip from Fuelly for the RS

RS_Fuelly.JPG.da380e5b96a37dfdb8a77acb8c2da7f6.JPG

25 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Have a look at my post #214

Also I record all fill ups on www.fuelly.com ...look for jas21  and here is a snip from Fuelly for the RS

RS_Fuelly.JPG.da380e5b96a37dfdb8a77acb8c2da7f6.JPG

Thanks...what are your normal driving conditions? Inner Bkk, metropolitan, highway driving, or a mixture, etc. 

1 minute ago, baywatch82 said:

I need to wait for black color Civic Hatchback 7 weeks. Is that normal ? I am located in Chiang Mai buying from local dealer.

They said if I want white or silver I can have right now.

I'm not surprised really. Black seems the most popular colour and demand is outstripping supply. I had to wait 5 months for a lousy suzuki swift lol. I could deal with 7 weeks:)

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Think you wait for Black because they don't sell Good in a Tropical Climate ,silver n white sell fast so they make more of them .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I would probably choose white, but only black looks good with orange modulo kit.
Also interior temperature is not that different in black vs white color paint car.

Silver reflects ,Black absorbed Heat,but Honda Black doesn't .,just shows up paint serials,never again for me .So I sit here at Makro ,counted 45 and only 3 black .Yeh there nice if you clean all the time,but I'm a Car Wash n Go lazy type.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

As i asked .What Model .? They range from 850 K for the Basic up to 1.2Mill for the Turbo.They do bigger production runs on the most popular model n colours, hence the question.

The civic hatchback only comes with the 1.5 turbo. It is spec'd in equipment between the turbo sedan and RS turbo sedan.

22 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Cant be, ive seen an RS and one Hatch that doesnt have an RS badge on it. Both Hatches at Honda Phitsanulok side by side.One White, one Silver. Strange  that .!!.

If you have seen a RS without an RS badge and a Hatchback with an RS badge then ....

The Hatchback does not come with an RS badge ...the badge on the rear is...IVTEC... but nothing to stop the owner having installed an RS badge...

• 3 weeks later...

One of the item in the promotion package is a film Lamina for all windows.

They have only 2 options in my dealership : 30% and 60%.

Which one should I choose ? Any recommendation ?
I guess very dark 30% will look great on a black car, but how about visibility at night ?

18 minutes ago, baywatch82 said:

I guess very dark 30% will look great on a black car, but how about visibility at night ?

Lamina have five qualities ... More than likely they will offer POP. Ask for the money off instead ...you should get 3500-4000thb.

Then read up on window film in this forum ...many are happy with Cardinal ...If you buy in BK you can get 20% off with a recommendation from a previous purchaser.

You won't see s**t at night which is why it's illegal in proper countries.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

36 minutes ago, baywatch82 said:

I have choice between:

1. POP35BKSRPS

or

2. POP20RBBSRPS

(photo attached)

IMG_20170512_160022.jpg

Check and see if you can put darker on the rear window and rear passenger doors, and lighter on the front. I have the pop on my civic. It was cheap, but I think 40% was too dark for the front when driving at night time. I think 20% max for the windscreen, if anything at all. 

I just checked mine. Mine is POP50N008 on front windscreen (but feel this is too dark at night time on unlit roads). My sides are POP20N028 to 030 on the sides. 

I think my whole tinting was only about 3000 baht. You may want to consider getting better quality and lighter tint somewhere else. 

I have dark solargard on my swift. It seems darker than my honda but vision at night is quite good. 

If you want to see at night look for one of the higher quality films like 3M crystaline or Huper Optic. The are much lighter but retain good resistance to heat and UV.

Thais seem more concerned about it just being dark. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived