New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

tandor

15 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

By the way Tire Plus changes them for Honda ,i paid the price diff + About 2k.You get there Call Out Service too

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks, Ace. I've had my RS about 6 months now and am thinking of changing the tyres. Any idea if B-Quik and the like give discounts for my nearly new tryes (5,200km only)?

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 2unique said:

Modulo kit/wheels not too shabby on the white. Good restraint on not adding the OTT roof spoiler

1490233458001.jpg

I assume this was taken in Thailand? I like this kit with the black paint....but at least the white won't show orange peel as much.

6 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I assume this was taken in Thailand? I like this kit with the black paint....but at least the white won't show orange peel as much.

I don 't think that Honda have enough orange peel to worry about.

I'll post a close up pic of my wifes after polish and glass coat on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I don 't think that Honda have enough orange peel to worry about.

I'll post a close up pic of my wifes after polish and glass coat on Saturday.

Cool...I hope to check it out at the Motor Show too. A neighbour has a new black accord and it looks real nice.

7 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

The Honda website on my phone shows the RS in Blue or Gray ,strange.Im going to wait till the next change,my milage has dropped to nothing much more than a weekend pest.emoji45.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Those are the cheapo colours ...blacks and whites cost more?.

You may wait a few years ...series ten is only one year old.☺

Just now, JAS21 said:

Those are the cheapo colours ...blacks and whites cost more?.

You may wait a few years ...series ten is only one year old.☺

They always change something after 12 months, had enough of them to know  and been had.  I dont get the Cheapo comment it refers to the RS specifically , ill get a White or Silver RS Tubo Non Hatch. They'd have to pay me to have black .

They always change something after 12 months, had enough of them to know  and been had.  I dont get the Cheapo comment it refers to the RS specifically , ill get a White or Silver RS Tubo Non Hatch. They'd have to pay me to have black .

White 10k more, black 6k more. Midnight blue was my preferred colour but not available for the hatchback

18 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Nice choice, Ace. I love mine.

51 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Nice choice, Ace. I love mine.

The minor change is already out ... so I understand. Mrs J is just collecting her car now.

Will be non too happy if something else is announced next week ....

18 hours ago, 2unique said:

White 10k more, black 6k more. Midnight blue was my preferred colour but not available for the hatchback

Is the black metallic paint? I've always wondered why the price difference. I assume the content of the paint is different, but I've no idea. 

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Is the black metallic paint? I've always wondered why the price difference. I assume the content of the paint is different, but I've no idea. 

The colours that you do not pay extra for are quoted as metallic however all the colours that require extra payment are quoted as Pearl - ie crystal black pearl, midnight burgundy pearl etc vs lunar silver metallic etc

7 minutes ago, 2unique said:

The colours that you do not pay extra for are quoted as metallic however all the colours that require extra payment are quoted as Pearl - ie crystal black pearl, midnight burgundy pearl etc vs lunar silver metallic etc

Thanks,

Found this

http://www.autos.com/auto-repair/metallic-auto-paint-vs-pearl-car-paint

According to the site, pearl paint looks different from different angle, but metallic does not. I guess the mica particles cost more than the metallic flakes of the metallic paint, though there could be other differences.

Thanks,

Found this

According to the site, pearl paint looks different from different angle, but metallic does not. I guess the mica particles cost more than the metallic flakes of the metallic paint, though there could be other differences.

That makes sense, I would have sworn I was looking at a black one in the showroom until I went around to the window side where hints of the purple were showing...

Thanks,

Found this

Yes ... for the hatchback they have dropped off the Cosmic Blue Metallic which was offered on the RS and replaced it with Midnight Burgundy Pearl.

2 hours ago, 2unique said:

That makes sense, I would have sworn I was looking at a black one in the showroom until I went around to the window side where hints of the purple were showing...

The burgundy is very close to black in the photos. I don't like it that much as it looks like an off-black colour. It's too close to crystal black pearl (which I prefer, or the white). The should have made a bright colour as well - a red or a yellow. Mazda are much more adventurous in that way. 

40 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

The white-plated one looks a lot less tacky.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Yes, we prefer the look of the Sedan. Pleased that the guy, who ordered the car that we now have, gave back word and bought the hatchback. Fortunately it was the minor change..   If you haven't yet got your english manual from the dealers google this  ... 2016-Honda-Civic-Sedan-Owners-Manual-.pdf   593 pages.  It will download to your phone ... eventually.  

The white-plated one looks a lot less tacky.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

3 adults, 1 child and 2 folding bikes - hatchback had to be a lifestyle choice.

Also agree with David H's comments re the black but found it to be too much black on the hatch lacking the relief of the chrome.

Honda did a poophouse job of cleaning it. Smears galore.

Will follow Mrs Jas and crystal coat.1490436723950.jpg

41 minutes ago, 2unique said:

3 adults, 1 child and 2 folding bikes - hatchback had to be a lifestyle choice.

Also agree with David H's comments re the black but found it to be too much black on the hatch lacking the relief of the chrome.

Honda did a poophouse job of cleaning it. Smears galore.

Will follow Mrs Jas and crystal coat.1490436723950.jpg

It looks good. What are the tires? Can't say I like the wheels much though. The ones on the sedan are a bit nicer. 

I've just got back from Honda Rayong. My wife has just about decided on the Civic hatchback as a replacement for her 2012 Focus Sport+ . For my wife I think the hatch is perfect. It seems more sporty and more youthful than the saloon. I've always fet saloons are a bit 'middle aged' and my wife felt the saloon was more of a car someone in their 40's/50's. The hatchback looks a lot better in the metal than the photos. Again when you look at them on the car the wheels look great especially on a black car as the wheels have black in them. I like it in black and appreciate the lack of chrome which is so often out on for Asian tastes. My only negatives were that with 30K difference between the hatch the ommission of GPS,lane watch, auto start and sporty pedals seems a lot missing. The other negative is that Honda in Rayong doesn't offer a hatchback or an RS for test drives so we'll have to go to Bangkok. Also they aren't prepared to price match an y other dealer. Its the typical Chinese approach to customer service that if you aren't happy you can piss off elsewhere.

Get to V Group Honda ChaengWattana for a test drive. They certainly have the non Turbo, Turbo and the RS to test drive. I'll pm you (on its way) our sellers phone number. Their offer is OK but maybe buy at the Motor Show, but from them.  However by then there may be quite a waiting list.  

In their showroom I saw Yoko's on the hatchback and Bridgestones on the RS.    

1 hour ago, Big Guns said:

I've just got back from Honda Rayong. My wife has just about decided on the Civic hatchback as a replacement for her 2012 Focus Sport+ . For my wife I think the hatch is perfect. It seems more sporty and more youthful than the saloon. I've always fet saloons are a bit 'middle aged' and my wife felt the saloon was more of a car someone in their 40's/50's. The hatchback looks a lot better in the metal than the photos. Again when you look at them on the car the wheels look great especially on a black car as the wheels have black in them. I like it in black and appreciate the lack of chrome which is so often out on for Asian tastes. My only negatives were that with 30K difference between the hatch the ommission of GPS,lane watch, auto start and sporty pedals seems a lot missing. The other negative is that Honda in Rayong doesn't offer a hatchback or an RS for test drives so we'll have to go to Bangkok. Also they aren't prepared to price match an y other dealer. Its the typical Chinese approach to customer service that if you aren't happy you can piss off elsewhere.

The hatch does have auto start.. remote start that is

29 minutes ago, 2unique said:

couldn't get my android to pair as a smartphone with android auto... anyone else managed this?

I believe  read somewhere that it is a no no at present ... with luck JoeW will be along and confirm. Phone pairs OK so Mrs J is Happy.

Archived