New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

tandor

4 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

They can tell you to the Day n Hour ,be firm with them
, They and all Main Honda dealers have precise details on Computer, you got an idle dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I was really pushing them hard to do that, but they are refusing. Even my thai wife was very firm on them on the phone, and we also visited dealership again in person. They just say "need to be patient", and "can't tell exactly when".
I am really pissed off because when I was paying deposit, they said 4 weeks. Now is already 9 weeks and they still can't tell me when it will arrive. 
I am at the point when I really want to cancel my deposit with them.
I have already contacted another dealership in BKK and they "guarantee" to get this car in 3rd week of June. I might fly from Chiang Mai to BKK and coe back with a car.

• Like 1

They can even see on their computer the current situation at the factory for your car. They promised my car would arrive on 22 November 2016 and magically there it was on that day. They're obviously pushing you around or there is some sort of delay happening at the factory that they don't want you to know about.

Cancel the deposit, find another dealer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

They can even see on their computer the current situation at the factory for your car. They promised my car would arrive on 22 November 2016 and magically there it was on that day. They're obviously pushing you around or there is some sort of delay happening at the factory that they don't want you to know about.

Cancel the deposit, find another dealer.

Yes something really wrong with this dealer. They don't want to say any details, which is really annoying.
Cancelled already, and will pick up car this month from dealer in BKK and will drive it to Chiang Mai.
The only thing I am really sad about - dealer in Chiang Mai offered me 5 years warranty and dealer in BKK only 3 years.

They can offer an in house warante , but Hondas own rules still apply .As for Dealerships , did U look into any Honda Handbook ,if it's not listed in that big directory with directions to service departments.,RUN AWAY.[emoji125][emoji125]

When I brought my last Spivo everyone was quoting 3 months, was a new model. I just said I was going back to the UK (I wasn't) and unless you get me one sharpish will cancel the order. Worked the Lump was ready 5 days later. Latest one got in 3 days only because they had to order & put the extras on. Can be done you just have to be firm. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, baywatch82 said:

Yes something really wrong with this dealer. They don't want to say any details, which is really annoying.
Cancelled already, and will pick up car this month from dealer in BKK and will drive it to Chiang Mai.
The only thing I am really sad about - dealer in Chiang Mai offered me 5 years warranty and dealer in BKK only 3 years.

They can offer warranty all they want if it's not Honda Motor Thailand offering the warranty it's probably not worth anything. Let's say the dealer in CM doesn't warranty your car after 4 years. What are you going to do about it? Sue them? Waste your time and money. I am happy you found another dealer we can get you the car. It's a good car and I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, baywatch82 said:

Wow. That curve not even sharp. How he made it between those 2 lanterns is beyond me.

Maybe some mechanical failure or something wrong with the driver.

But good to see all airbags worked out. 

I think they totally didn't even see the corner or completely misjudged it. They don't corner that bad. It's not a high rider pickup:)

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 5:51 PM, 2unique said:

I tried that and it said not compatible with my device S7 Edge. I believe Android Auto is in there however it has never recognized my smartphone. Hard to test if it's the car or phone when cannot get A Auto on phone.

I've tried many different ways to pair including using my home Wi-Fi various miracast apps etc.

I can find nothing in Thai forums or Facebook that suggest a workaround however this was early in the hatchback's release but not in the sedan's cycle.

If you can find a way to get phone on screen and use the touchscreen of the civic please share.

Yes, Android Auto is working very well.
You need to download APK file from internet to your phone and install it.
Then, after connecting with HDMI cable, it is all working and functional with new Civic's touchscreen.
It is working in my Hatchback.

2 hours ago, baywatch82 said:

Then, after connecting with HDMI cable, it is all working and functional with new Civic's touchscreen.

Can you also view the google maps from your phone on the screen in this way? It's a shame navi wasn't installed as it is in the rs sedan. 

2 hours ago, baywatch82 said:

Which APK File did you download please, I see a lot. I assume that you still need the e-brake bypass to use when driving ...I do prefer maps-google to the built in system. This will be preferable to screen mirroring, because the 'dongle' keeps dropping out and I can't work out why. 

12 hours ago, DavisH said:

Can you also view the google maps from your phone on the screen in this way? It's a shame navi wasn't installed as it is in the rs sedan. 

When phone is connected by cable and Android Auto is in use, then you can not do anything else until you exit Android Auto.

12 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Which APK File did you download please, I see a lot. I assume that you still need the e-brake bypass to use when driving ...I do prefer maps-google to the built in system. This will be preferable to screen mirroring, because the 'dongle' keeps dropping out and I can't work out why. 

I googled "Android Auto APK" and took it from the first page, which is APKmirror.com. Choose the latest version.

• 2 weeks later...

I see quite a lot of civics now with very nice exhaust at the back - looks like 4 pipes.
I am wondering if this is done now for new civics at dealership/factory or this is customization done somewhere. Looks very nice. I live in Chiang Mai. Photo attached.

1500130231792.jpg

27 minutes ago, baywatch82 said:

I see quite a lot of civics now with very nice exhaust at the back - looks like 4 pipes.
I am wondering if this is done now for new civics at dealership/factory or this is customization done somewhere. Looks very nice. I live in Chiang Mai. Photo attached.

1500130231792.jpg

Those look like fake tips. They are part of the extra lower skirt. Real twin exhausts are available. There is a HKS catback kit for 24K baht (for the rs turbo), but I assume something similar is available for the 1.8. 

On 7/15/2017 at 9:56 PM, baywatch82 said:

1500130231792.jpg

4 is better than 2 just the owners don't realise they get the same laugh

Q07RovLRS2qf0ePDluLM7w?w=1800&h=1013&fm=pjpg&auto=compress&fit=crop&crop=faces,edges

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Looks nice if your 10 i suppose.?

All I mean is that US version look so much better with central twin exhaust. I wish I could make it something like this in Thailand.