New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

tandor

34 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Did you not read or understand my post?

It’ll be good when you write to Mitsu coz guess wot...... they won’t care - too funny

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have just spoken to Mitsubishi Bangkok who agreed with me that a grade 80 film to the windscreen should never have been fitted despite any requests to the contrary . They have an instruction booklet on film tints that is supplied to all of their franchises and it states that no more than a grade 40 to the windscreen . I have received an apology and the head office are in contact with the dealership in question .   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I also found it quite funny that he thought the power was down to the lights.

Would have been very simple for most to work out the problem at home.

I note he thinks it's every bodies fault except the girlfriend and himself  

I accept that my GF elected to go with grade 80 film but she was unaware of the implications for night driving . The salesperson should have told her it was a bad choice or at least referred to the advice booklet issued by Mitsu which states no more than  grade 40 on windscreens . So I asked the C/S manager if Mitsu has ISO 9001 accreditation to which he replied yes we have ISO but not sure of the number . 

I have just spoken to Mitsubishi Bangkok who agreed with me that a grade 80 film to the windscreen should never have been fitted despite any requests to the contrary . They have an instruction booklet on film tints that is supplied to all of their franchises and it states that no more than a grade 40 to the windscreen . I have received an apology and the head office are in contact with the dealership in question .   

An apology, that’s excellent.

As long as you’re happy that’s the main thing, well done.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, speedtripler said:

I haven't read the whole thing but, why would they not just sell the type R with the 306hp in Thailand? 

It seems to be the best in class performance on the auto reviews... 

Taxes. Would put the price so high no one would buy it.

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Taxes. Would put the price so high no one would buy it.

They sell ferraris and lamborghinis in bkk... 

Ducati sell 2+ million thb motorcycles... 

I'm sure they would manage to sell a few civic type R's if they could be bothered.... 

A lot of Thai people are poor, but the ones that aren't really don't mind splashing out from what I see driving around town

On 1/8/2018 at 11:32 PM, speedtripler said:

They sell ferraris and lamborghinis in bkk... 

Ducati sell 2+ million thb motorcycles... 

I'm sure they would manage to sell a few civic type R's if they could be bothered.... 

A lot of Thai people are poor, but the ones that aren't really don't mind splashing out from what I see driving around town

But would they buy a Honda and a hatch at that?

10 hours ago, JaiLai said:

They buy the top spec VW golf at 4M

They also buy the top spec priced mini Cooper for 3.6M....

And around bkk I see a lot of vespa scooters now which cost between 120-220k when they could have a super reliable Honda click or yamaha mio for less than a quarter of the price

Screenshot_20180112-225928.png

9 hours ago, speedtripler said:

And around bkk I see a lot of vespa scooters now which cost between 120-220k when they could have a super reliable Honda click or yamaha mio for less than a quarter of the price

I doubt they could sell as many type-r's as they sell mini coopers....hi-so girls like to drive them, and that seems to be the main market for mini's. No way would I pay 3M for a mini lol. You can buy a grey market type-r here....but look at 3M plus, the same as a subaru sti....

I'm still amazed that KIA can bring the stinger here that would surely sell less numbers than a type-r. 

12 hours ago, DavisH said:

I doubt they could sell as many type-r's as they sell mini coopers....hi-so girls like to drive them, and that seems to be the main market for mini's. No way would I pay 3M for a mini lol. You can buy a grey market type-r here....but look at 3M plus, the same as a subaru sti....

I'm still amazed that KIA can bring the stinger here that would surely sell less numbers than a type-r. 

A lot of gay-bois around town drive minis too... Maybe they think it's cute or something.... :smile:

The Type R is for sale in Malaysia for 320,000 ringgit or around 2,6 million THB officially by Honda. I can see Honda Thailand doing the exact same thing in the near future. Similar to Ford Thailand, preparing to sell the Mustang Ecoboost 2.3 in Thailand from the end of this year. 

3 hours ago, Big Guns said:

Ford also will be ceasing sales of the Fiesta and Focus in Thailand once they sell off current stocks.

I'm not that surprised after the DCT debacle on those models. I know, I bought a Focus. Great car, but let down by that pig of a gearbox. Fortunately I sold it to someone who knew naff all about the problem.

10 hours ago, Big Guns said:

Ford also will be ceasing sales of the Fiesta and Focus in Thailand once they sell off current stocks.

Someone mentioned to me middle of last year that Ford were going to stop selling cars in Thailand from sometime in this year ... seems that it may happen then ...

Then their rarity on the 2nd hand market might cause a rocket in price or ...:stoner:

Edited by JAS21

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 11:00 AM, speedtripler said:

100,000 U.S. Dollars for a Mini? :shock1:

Then there's the VAT tax on top of that right?

I don't see how it's cheaper to live there outside of the lower cost of trim.

10 hours ago, XBroker said:

100,000 U.S. Dollars for a Mini? :shock1:

Then there's the VAT tax on top of that right?

I don't see how it's cheaper to live there outside of the lower cost of trim.

VAT included.

Sorry, this is Thailand, US prices are really irrelevant here.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, baywatch82 said:

Finally now there is an easy way to hack your Honda and install any apps you want.
It also pay-passes your break, so you can play videos even when you driving.

I have done it to my honda and it does not have any negative side effects.

Happy to help someone in Chiang Mai.

I have the cable to 'hack your Honda' don't use it anymore ....Android Auto now for me with 'maps google' ...anyone want the cable, I also have the USB stick that goes with it ...

3 hours ago, baywatch82 said:

Finally now there is an easy way to hack your Honda and install any apps you want.
It also pay-passes your break, so you can play videos even when you driving.

I have done it to my honda and it does not have any negative side effects.

Happy to help someone in Chiang Mai.

You mean root the system right?

10 hours ago, bearpolar said:

when someone refers to their girlfriend as a thai girl friend(on a thai forum especially), can you expect more?

Actually I can't understand this ... 'thai wife' ...'thai girlfriend' thing. I have never ever said my thai wife ... if I need to mention her nationality, of which she has two ...I would say my wife is Thai .......