New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

tandor

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

The Topic is RS Turbo, not Economy Carts..You dont buy this model if yer want economy.I want to know why its down on BHP. So do others . Unfortunately American Warpspeed was driven away by P.C clowns so were short on Techies.

Some specs for a modified car running on E20:

CAR : 2016 HONDA CIVIC FC
ENGINE : L15B7 STD 1,500CC TURBO
OWNER : BORN TO RACE R&D CENTRE
FUEL : GASOLINE E20
ENGINE OIL : Driven Racing Oil Thailand 
SUSPENSION : Buddyclub Sport Spec
WHEEL : CE28 17" + CONTINENTAL TYRE
MODIFIED : 
• REMAP BY BORN TO RACE
- POWER 222WHP TQ34NM
- MAX SPEED 241 KMH (Sale Jan'17)
• INLET PRO KIT +8HP 
• INTAKE PRO KIT HIGH FLOW
• BLOW OFF VALVE HKS + Special CNC Adaptor
• Carbon fiber parts = front bonnet , rear RS THDM Spoiler , Fender , Roof fin

So I went along and after a few minutes conversation I went along with a Y-Socket which bypasses the ebrake and a HDMI dongle which allows smart view (built in to most modern Androids) to connect to the screen. Whatever sound your phone makes and what shows on screen is mirrored exactly on the Civic screen by selecting audio source HDMI.

The Y socket is completely hidden behind the head unit so if you pull out the hdmi/usb cable would be unseen however the fact that menu functions are available with the e-brake disengaged it would be fairly easy to discern that one is connected. Insurance questions arise. Installation and removal however takes about 10 minutes.

On the way home i played a youtube video (unnecessary) and then had my route shown by google maps. I was able to see notifications pop up but didn't interact with them. Note you cannot use touchscreen features that are phone based on the Civic screen but can by picking up the phone.

Connection is via HDMI port and power is supplied by the USB socket so you need to use the alternative USB in the centre console to power your phone.

I paid 2,300 baht and his shop is in Lamchabaeng. I have today seen more ads for this product popping up on honda civic hatchback thailand facebook page and other.

Alex - 0933659893

http://www.alexautoshop.com/product/wifi-display-receiver-dongle-hdmi-wifi-สำหรับรถยนต์/

exactly this one

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

The Topic is RS Turbo, not Economy Carts..You dont buy this model if yer want economy.I want to know why its down on BHP. So do others . Unfortunately American Warpspeed was driven away by P.C clowns so were short on Techies.

Hang on ACE...It was bought for MrsJ because she liked it and it had the full quota of air bags. 

I was allowed, just now, to drive it back from Sattahip ...

Had it in Cruise Control as much as possible and doing 100Km/Hr for most of the journey. Made four stops.

Stops 1 and 2 to wee

Stop 3 to load up the Easy Pass Tag

Stop 4 to collect the insurance doc from Honda and some tickets for the Motor Show

The Cruise control did feel to surge a little bit going up those 'humps' on the Motorway...the ones where a lot of pratts slow down...

Below is the fuel consumption indicated over the 193.3Kms. It did peak at 20Km/Ltr before hitting traffic at the BK end of Route7 and Chaengwattana Road.. 3:51 is the time when I took the photo and not the journey time ... Fuel was E20

CaptureKmpL_snip.JPG.533a0be909b90fc7c251acd51f5d464b.JPG    

Sorry about the camera shake was filming one handed with a heavy surface pro 4...

Basically you turn off WIFI on phone, select HDMI as the source, goto Smart View on phone and away you go.

I have used a simple USB splitter so I can power both phone and the HDMI WIFI Dongle at the same time.

Note Bluetooth will still activate and override HDMI to answer calls etc as normal. That is to say, your normal method of receiving calls won't be changed to the mirror screen - which is great.

Also dimming the phone does not dim the output on the Civic screen, so you can dim the phone and stash it underneath.

And final note - You must have installed a YSocket and HDMI Dongle as per my previous post

Bangkok 2017: Honda Civic Hatchback with Modulo kit

BIMS2017_Honda_Civic_Hatchback_Modulo-1-

There are two stars at the Honda’s 2017 Bangkok International Motor Show stand, the all-new Honda CR-V and the Honda Civic Hatchback. We’ve showed you live galleries of both cars, and the Modulo-kitted CR-V, so here’s the missing piece – the Civic Hatch fully decked out in Modulo accessories.

Honda Thailand picked a Crystal Black Pearl Civic Hatch as model, and orange accents for the Modulo bits. The lower body kit includes a extensions to the front lip, side skirts and rear lip – all in orange here. In this sporty hatch’s case, the standard car already has the lips – Modulo adds another layer.

BIMS2017_Honda_Civic_Hatchback_Modulo-2-

There’s also a more prominent wing at the top of the hatch, one that juts on a little at the sides. The lower wing, which joins the tail lamps, are unchanged. The Modulo catalogue also has unique 17-inch rims paired with tyres that similarly sized to the stock car – 215/50. You’ll also find chrome trim on the wing mirrors and just ahead of the A pillars, on the front wings. Illuminated door sill plates with the Civic logo, too, that’s a must!

Read the full story here.

On 29/03/2017 at 11:25 AM, Ace of Pop said:

Tried the hatch today,Dunlop tires noisy.Apart from that, can't fault it price wise. Mrs likes the Salon ,says Hatch got a funny Bottom .Ah well,they will alter it soon,I'll wait a bit.emoji849.png.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That is odd ... all the HB's that I have seen had YOKO's. The RS at the Motor Show had B/S as ours did, so I assumed that Honda saved all the YOKO's for the HB.  Maybe they have run out due to demand.

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

That is odd ... all the HB's that I have seen had YOKO's. The RS at the Motor Show had B/S as ours did, so I assumed that Honda saved all the YOKO's for the HB.  Maybe they have run out due to demand.

Hatchbacks = Yokos

Sedan RS = B/S

Sedan 1.8 = Dunlop EC300 or trash

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Hatchbacks = Yokos

Sedan RS = B/S

Sedan 1.8 = Dunlop EC300 or trash

The hatchback at the show has dunlop direzzas judging from the pics.

The US sport version has 18" wheels, I guess with 235-40-18 tires. Looks cool.

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

The one on the stage ... is as it comes out of the box and had Yoko's, cause I looked to see. That other thing with the yellow bits,  didn't look at. 

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Dunlop Direzzas are only for show, the car comes on yokos 100% sure. The cars at the dealers all have yokos no doubt about that.

5 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Yes there is, this one had Dunflops.No doubt about that either.

Like I said, at the motorshow they have their dunlops on it. HBs at the dealer have yokos.

12 hours ago, JoeW said:

Dunlop Direzzas are only for show, the car comes on yokos 100% sure. The cars at the dealers all have yokos no doubt about that.

And the guy who prepared the Motor Show car for sale was not the same guy that our Honda dealership uses ...no doubt about that either

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

And the guy who prepared the Motor Show car for sale was not the same guy that our Honda dealership uses ...no doubt about that either

It just seems unusual that these cars have different brands of tires. Don't they leave the factory with tires? And why bother changing them for the motorshow? It's only TV'ers that notice. I bet the Thai buyers wouldn't give it a second look. After all, they plonk down the money even with a test drive.

14 minutes ago, DavisH said:

It just seems unusual that these cars have different brands of tires. Don't they leave the factory with tires? And why bother changing them for the motorshow? It's only TV'ers that notice. I bet the Thai buyers wouldn't give it a second look. After all, they plonk down the money even with a test drive.

Sorry ...my comment was a little too subtle/flippant.....I was actually referring to JoeW saying.. and thats a fact. But in my case Honda polished over dirty paintwork and we had to lightly compound the whole car to get it clean before applying the glass coat.

And what did Honda leave on the windscreen...didn't notice a problem until it rained ...

Sorry ...my comment was a little too subtle/flippant.....I was actually referring to JoeW saying.. and thats a fact. But in my case Honda polished over dirty paintwork and we had to lightly compound the whole car to get it clean before applying the glass coat.

And what did Honda leave on the windscreen...didn't notice a problem until it rained ...

I had the same experience. My dealer told me they'd handed over 27 cars by 11am and that's why I thought I'd received a less than stellar polish.

I'm all glassed up now

Why would someone buy the 1.5 Turbo though?

It's still gutless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just paid deposit for Hatchback yesterday, dealer in Chiang Mai. Need to wait for the black color about 7 weeks.

Anybody know if Android Auto app is already pre-installed there ? Is it working well ?

Android auto is not available in thailand. Pairing the smartphone functions just doesn't happen. I believe most but not all Apple functions work.

You can use a HDMI dongle and screen cast

From this topic/thread.... post 216

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/966110-New-Honda-Civic-5-door-hatchback#entry11749316

New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

32 minutes ago, 2unique said:

Android auto is not available in thailand. Pairing the smartphone functions just doesn't happen. I believe most but not all Apple functions work.

You can use a HDMI dongle and screen cast

Android Auto is not available in Thailand via Play Store.
Of course you can download an installation file to your phone via other sources, and successfully install it on your phone.
So I still want to know if Android Auto app is pre-installed on the Civic's device and if it works.

Android Auto is not available in Thailand via Play Store.
Of course you can download an installation file to your phone via other sources, and successfully install it on your phone.
So I still want to know if Android Auto app is pre-installed on the Civic's device and if it works.

I tried that and it said not compatible with my device S7 Edge. I believe Android Auto is in there however it has never recognized my smartphone. Hard to test if it's the car or phone when cannot get A Auto on phone.

I've tried many different ways to pair including using my home Wi-Fi various miracast apps etc.

I can find nothing in Thai forums or Facebook that suggest a workaround however this was early in the hatchback's release but not in the sedan's cycle.

If you can find a way to get phone on screen and use the touchscreen of the civic please share.

16 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

Why would someone buy the 1.5 Turbo though?

It's still gutless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because there is not a lot of choice in Thailand at this price point?

Archived