New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

tandor

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I drove the RS today. Actually really liked it, yes some road noise but apparently you can get some aftermarket work done to quieten it somewhat (it comes on YoKo's). Was a little tempted to buy it today but will wait for the 29th to see if the hatchback appears and if it is worth the extra thb. The RS boot is actually huge and big enough for what we need.  

The Honda offer, from our local garage,  was somewhat better than I expected and included Insurance. RS service intervals are not fixed, but come from some calculation on how it is driven and time I guess.

The extra air bags on the RS are somewhat of a 'puller' over the 'none RS' Turbo. I am too old to get another ......... Mrs J will drive it most of the time so she says!   

Told you :)

12 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I drove the RS today. Actually really liked it, yes some road noise but apparently you can get some aftermarket work done to quieten it somewhat (it comes on YoKo's). Was a little tempted to buy it today but will wait for the 29th to see if the hatchback appears and if it is worth the extra thb. The RS boot is actually huge and big enough for what we need.  

The Honda offer, from our local garage,  was somewhat better than I expected and included Insurance. RS service intervals are not fixed, but come from some calculation on how it is driven and time I guess.

The extra air bags on the RS are somewhat of a 'puller' over the 'none RS' Turbo. I am too old to get another ......... Mrs J will drive it most of the time so she says!   

Hatchback scheduled for the 9th at present..

50 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Told you :)

Yep ... you were correct. She will just have to park it herself. I liked the idea of the Focus doing it for her as there has been a precedent set relating to ignoring the bleep-bleep bleep .............unfortunately:sad:

20 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Well how much parallel parking does she have to do? To my understanding that's all that system does. In Europe there is a lot of parallel parking, but in Thailand, a lot less ;)

Actually the Focus is advertised as parking both ways. Anyway Mrs J has a UK licence, well same as me 'had' as they lapse after 10 years so she has some idea of how to park. The bleep-bleep parking incident was just a little unfortunate, but handy to recall sometimes ... if I dare :smile:

55 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

Is there any evidence that the hatchback turbo RS is going to be any more expensive than the saloon? The rumors I heard were that it was going to be the same price.

I've heard 1.3M but only from commenters on facebook - also heard hatchbacks are lower tax brackets but not sure about that.

I'm thinking the standard turbo has to be priced above the HRV even tho the HRV has AWD and high clearance.

In the states the Hatch compared to Sedan same trim levels are approximately 1,000 to 2,000 dollars more across the range

4 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

The Mazda 3 saloon and hatch are the same price. It doesn't make sense to have a different price for the hatch unless the specification is different.

The other info I got was that the hatchback will be in between the two turbo sedan models. That means the hatchback could be missing some of the specs of the rs model. Hope not! It's too bad the mazda3 doesn't have the 2.2 diesel in it form the cx-5. 

4 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

A Blind Man on Galloping Horse can see it got an Evo 4 front and Boy Racer wheels .The Garage is different though .?emoji99.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

:cheesy:  Good spot on the Evo4.

I always figured you as too old to know about Evo's and Subies..:thumbsup:

But boy Racer wheels are traditionally white eight spoke weller's :whistling:

download (2).jpg

Just now, DavisH said:

The other info I got was that the hatchback will be in between the two turbo sedan models. That means the hatchback could be missing some of the specs of the rs model. Hope not! It's too bad the mazda3 doesn't have the 2.2 diesel in it form the cx-5. 

Or better still the 2.5 liter six cyl petrol :)

51 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

The Mazda 3 saloon and hatch are the same price. It doesn't make sense to have a different price for the hatch unless the specification is different.

The specs for the HB and Sedan are a bit different...different exhaust (sport) system giving it more HP and torque. I can see that Honda will ask more money for that. Not sure of any other differences.

19 minutes ago, DavisH said:

the diesel would be much easier to punch around but the 2.5 will be faster outright...

Yeah I like the low down torque of diesels but always feel robbed when have to change up at only 4500 rpm.. Guess it's not so noticeable with an auto trans ? All my diesels have been manual and I missed the petrol engined zing of revving the motor out between shifts.

25 minutes ago, JoeW said:

The specs for the HB and Sedan are a bit different...different exhaust (sport) system giving it more HP and torque. I can see that Honda will ask more money for that. Not sure of any other differences.

Yes, there's no single centre exhaust

https://web.facebook.com/enjoyhondathailand/videos/10154376742006245/

I'd take care of that pretty quickly!

1 hour ago, Pdaz said:

Yeah I like the low down torque of diesels but always feel robbed when have to change up at only 4500 rpm.. Guess it's not so noticeable with an auto trans ? All my diesels have been manual and I missed the petrol engined zing of revving the motor out between shifts.

I think redline is 5.5K for the cx-5 2.2 diesel. 0-100 less than 9 seconds too. Not bad at all. 

3 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I think redline is 5.5K for the cx-5 2.2 diesel. 0-100 less than 9 seconds too. Not bad at all. 

Yep I have the early CX-5 2.5 petrol, my mate has the latest diesel version . His is noticeably gruntier. But mine sounds less like a taxi..:cheesy:

Live Press Release tomorrow 9th March at 13:30 - at Enjoy Honda Thailand (I believe)

ห้ามพลาด ชม Live สด แถลงข่าวเปิดตัว ฮอนด้า ซีวิค แฮทช์แบ็ก ใหม่ ที่นี่ ที่เดียว วันที่ 9 มี.ค.นี้ เวลา 13.30 น.

17211899_10154398025286245_7796370091393696213_o.jpg

39 minutes ago, 2unique said:

Live Press Release tomorrow 9th March at 13:30 - at Enjoy Honda Thailand (I believe)

ห้ามพลาด ชม Live สด แถลงข่าวเปิดตัว ฮอนด้า ซีวิค แฮทช์แบ็ก ใหม่ ที่นี่ ที่เดียว วันที่ 9 มี.ค.นี้ เวลา 13.30 น.

17211899_10154398025286245_7796370091393696213_o.jpg

I think that the cars come to all dealer showrooms on 21st .....

Archived