New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

tandor

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why has the US version got a bump to 180hp over the sedan, but the local hatch will still have 173hp? Any ideas?

Two different engine and transmission set ups in US. The higher bhp models have to take premium fuel

19 hours ago, DavisH said:

Why has the US version got a bump to 180hp over the sedan, but the local hatch will still have 173hp? Any ideas?

If the local hatch uses the same free-flowing exhaust system as the US/Euro car then the hp should be 180, I would presume :)

10 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

E85 is the preferred fuel to boost performance in Turbos,only clear answer to this would be from Warpspeed Whoes been driven off from posting here.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes but now his arch enemy is no longer so important he should consider giving the forum another chance ..

23 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

E85 is the preferred fuel to boost performance in Turbos,only clear answer to this would be from Warpspeed Whoes been driven off from posting here.

I read, note only read I don't have the car, that the naturally aspirated 1.8 can use E85 and E20 and down but the 1.5 Turbo and RS can only use E20 and down

1 hour ago, 2unique said:

I read, note only read I don't have the car, that the naturally aspirated 1.8 can use E85 and E20 and down but the 1.5 Turbo and RS can only use E20 and down

Wasnt it nice, those Days, sadly gone when you bought an RS Cosworth Sierra in Manchester, and it was identical to one from Melbourn or Munich engine wise.:post-4641-1156693976: 

5 hours ago, 2unique said:

Quite a few comments claiming only one variant in the Hatchback which will be the RS Turbo at 1.3M

Also saw a couple of March 9th dates suggested

At that price, I'd also look at the top spec mazda 3 (now loaded with tech), and nearly 200K cheaper. 

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

At that price, I'd also look at the top spec mazda 3 (now loaded with tech), and nearly 200K cheaper. 

As far as I know, there will be only one model for the Hatchback and it should have a bit more HP than the sedan RS.

It's the nearest Thai people will get to a Type R so it will sell seriously well.

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Mrs J drove the SP Sport a couple of days ago. She has longed for one for a while now to replace her ageing Lantis... was she disappointed after driving it . If you are ok with a somewhat firm ride and quite a bit of road noise then worth a look. Straight after she drove the Focus and much preferred it.

9 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Mrs J drove the SP Sport a couple of days ago. She has longed for one for a while now to replace her ageing Lantis... was she disappointed after driving it . If you are ok with a somewhat firm ride and quite a bit of road noise then worth a look. Straight after she drove the Focus and much preferred it.

Not to forget Mazda 3's very sensitive internals...

14 hours ago, JAS21 said:

The ride quality is partly to do with the 18" wheels. I've been told the ride quality is much better on 17's. 

2 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

I think Mazda still use timing belts.Stupid things,1000 + Euros gone in seconds .Dont want to hear there O.K.,Ford Serviced our Vans to the letter ,but they still dropped all the Valves regularly.Honda are still to noisy inside,but so is Mrs Pop,and The Sat Nav Lady.emoji86.png

The mazda skyactiv engines use a chain.

39 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

You can rest assured there will be nice bits missing compared to the US version Same with Ford.The Ford here has crap alloys ,and The HRV has Roof Rails n Top end Sound missing.Compared them a while back ,not that you can do fa though.

It will be similar is spec to the sedan we have. I like the black wheels on the US version. Perhaps they will be an optional extra. 

There will be other parts missing that you cannot see. For example, the EPP bumper cores that sit between the chassis and the bumper. It is designed to absorb low speed impacts. It is required under US & EU regulations but not for many Asean countries. So cars built for the Thai and other Asean markets will not have this feature but the same model shipped to Australia or EU will have bumper cores.   

On 21/02/2017 at 1:34 PM, JAS21 said:

Mrs J drove the RS this morning just to see what a Civic was like. She has already done the Mazda 3 and the Focus. Once we indicated that we had interest in the 'hopefully, soon to be unveiled' Hatchback she didn't even try to sell us the RS. Just said at the Motor Show and there will only be one model.  Also suggested that the price would be more than the RS. I wonder how accurate she is. 

Personally I thought the ride was a little firm with plenty of road noise. N&H still a problem me thinks, although this time I stayed in the rear seat.

I preferred the Focus especially as at present it's 200,000thb cheaper ... JoeW you have something to answer for.....

I drove the RS today. Actually really liked it, yes some road noise but apparently you can get some aftermarket work done to quieten it somewhat (it comes on YoKo's). Was a little tempted to buy it today but will wait for the 29th to see if the hatchback appears and if it is worth the extra thb. The RS boot is actually huge and big enough for what we need.  

The Honda offer, from our local garage,  was somewhat better than I expected and included Insurance. RS service intervals are not fixed, but come from some calculation on how it is driven and time I guess.

The extra air bags on the RS are somewhat of a 'puller' over the 'none RS' Turbo. I am too old to get another ......... Mrs J will drive it most of the time so she says!   

Archived