New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

tandor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Big Guns said:

Maybe the white one is going abroad, it has the twin exhaust that the Thai version doesn't have and different wheels. I'll be popping into the showroom to have a look at the weekend.

Yeah just noticed that. Perhaps for Australia....would be nice if that exhaust could be bought as an accessory for the Thai version. 

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Yeah just noticed that. Perhaps for Australia....would be nice if that exhaust could be bought as an accessory for the Thai version. 

I saw them at the Honda Kalasin showroom this weekend...had to be there to pickup a car for coating. No RS badges and no central exhaust. Bridgestone tires instead of the better Yokohamas...no idea why.

9 hours ago, Big Guns said:

Maybe the white one is going abroad, it has the twin exhaust that the Thai version doesn't have and different wheels. I'll be popping into the showroom to have a look at the weekend.

oops didn't notice that, definitely heading for overseas probably Australia, however the Thai ones are hitting showrooms from this morning.

I took the plunge and booked one last week, available this Saturday but hit the showroom this morning. I'm in the queue for fitting (free extras) film - hi-cool, 2 point rear sensors, rain/wind guards, led scuff plates and exhaust tips. Other extras were carpets and cargo tray mat.

Probably better extras available from tomorrow on the official available date but I only wanted the sensors, led scuff plates, window film and exhaust tips anyway. Probably will miss out on free insurance but hey I got a folding bike :P

32 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I can imagine it will need the rear parking sensors. From the photo's, it looks like a very restricted (rear) view?

Hope your happy with your new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume it has a reversing camera.

3 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I assume it has a reversing camera.

It does ... multi angle. My wife opted for the rear parking sensors on the RS.  Not sure why though as she usually ignores them :sad:

As JoeW says ... get it coated quickly. Wife's picks up her RS Friday morning ... proper polish and glass coating Saturday  :smile: Will probably reverse into a tree on Sunday :sad: 

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Don't put coating on it..It's just a waste .Read the Hanbook it's got clear coat Just wash it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

ACE ...my friend ... now this time you are somewhat ill advised. Bird droppings and whatever will eat into the clear coat. Polish, glass coating and others will help to prevent this and in addition 9H will a tiny bit resist chipping... OK off we go again. Well I'm off to look at the Hatchback, just curious :smile: 

ACE ...my friend ... now this time you are somewhat ill advised. Bird droppings and whatever will eat into the clear coat. Polish, glass coating and others will help to prevent this and in addition 9H will a tiny bit resist chipping... OK off we go again. Well I'm off to look at the Hatchback, just curious :smile: 

I keep mine washed ,and the Hello Kitty No plate scares the NOKS OFF.?[emoji210]

5 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Don't put coating on it..It's just a waste .Read the Hanbook it's got clear coat Just wash it.

The clear coat on a base coat/clear coat system is to make the paint shine. If you have ever seen this system being applied, the color coats are dull. First time you will swear something is wrong. There is no shine what so ever, until the clear goes on. . The glass/ceramic aftermarket coatings are a shine enhancer/protective coating for the existing base coat/clear coat.

Looked at th HB today ...nice but the RS is more suitable for us. Much bigger boot plus it has built builtin gps and lanewatch. Anyway the EV has a flat bed if needs be.

Rear view is more restricted.

It looks like Honda saved all the Yoko's for the HB ...RS's are now coming on Bridgestones ...somewhat of a shame to say the least!!

19 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Looked at th HB today ...nice but the RS is more suitable for us. Much bigger boot plus it has built builtin gps and lanewatch. Anyway the EV has a flat bed if needs be.

Rear view is more restricted.

It looks like Honda saved all the Yoko's for the HB ...RS's are now coming on Bridgestones ...somewhat of a shame to say the least!!

Hi JAS,

I have an RS. What's the fundamental difference between Yokohamas and Bridgestones? I do get some road noise from the Bs, but is that all? Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Hi JAS,

I have an RS. What's the fundamental difference between Yokohamas and Bridgestones? I do get some road noise from the Bs, but is that all? Thanks in advance.

Were they yokohama advan db or something else? Those would be very quiet. 

Archived