Phuket-bound Dutchman dies aboard flight from Qatar

webfact

Phuket-bound Dutchman dies aboard flight from Qatar

Eakkapop Thongtub

1485932563_1-org.jpg

Dutch national Jean Gustave Gruter, 88, was pronounced dead on arrival at Thalang Hospital after his flight landed at Phuket international Airport early this morning (Feb 1). Photo: Mark Knowles

PHUKET: -- A Dutchman has died while on a Qatar Airways flight from Doha to Phuket this morning (Feb 1).

Capt Kraisorn Boonprasop of Thalang Police was informed by Thalang Hospital at 8:10am.

Police named the man as Dutch national Jean Gustave Gruter, 88.

Staff from Phuket International Airport informed Capt Kraisorn that Mr Gruter was with his relatives and friends on Qatar Airways flight QR842 which departed Doha at 8pm yesterday (Jan 31) and landed in Phuket at 6.20am today.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-bound-dutchman-dies-aboard-flight-from-qatar-60865.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-02-01

13 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

RIP Dutch man.

I was going to transport my 88 year old mother to Thailand so she would stop spending all her money on nurses at her home in the USA. But she was too smart for that.

Not sure I understand her logic- you can rent a very decent house - and have a team of carers for probably less than than my dear Dad was paying a week - £1400 - ( sorry you will have to convert to $) for his care home in the UK .

Hopefully will be a while before I need a care home- but no way would I go back home to the vultures ( in their Porsches) who run these care home businesses .