Thai woman, 29, dead after Phuket motorbike crash

webfact

Thai woman, 29, dead after Phuket motorbike crash

Yutthawat Lekmak

1486012455_1-org.jpg

Rescue worker attend to the woman at the scene of the accident. Photo: Chalong Police

PHUKET: -- A 29-year-old Thai woman died in the early hours of this morning after crashing her motorbike into an electricity pylon on Soi Towdang Uthit Rd in Rawai.

Lt Col Sakkarin Sangjaroen of the Chalong Police was informed of an accident at 3:04am today (Feb 2) where it was reported that a Thai woman had crashed her motorbike into an electricity pylon on Soi Towdang Uthit Rd in Rawai.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-woman-29-dead-after-phuket-motorbike-crash-60875.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-02-02

Driving back from the hospital last night. Counted 7 motorcycles on the highway with no lights at all. Counted 5 with no back light,and over half not wearing helmets. 3 of them riding like they had a death wish. Also two cars driving like they where in the speedway. Passed me doing bout 120kms hr. I was doing about 80 as the road was poorly lit. Eventually sat at the lights waiting with the same car that had passed me just before.

just a bunch of morons that have no consideration for anyone's life as well as their own. Until the road authorities get tough nothing will change. 

13 minutes ago, Titan1962 said:

Driving back from the hospital last night. Counted 7 motorcycles on the highway with no lights at all. Counted 5 with no back light,and over half not wearing helmets. 3 of them riding like they had a death wish. Also two cars driving like they where in the speedway. Passed me doing bout 120kms hr. I was doing about 80 as the road was poorly lit. Eventually sat at the lights waiting with the same car that had passed me just before.

just a bunch of morons that have no consideration for anyone's life as well as their own. Until the road authorities get tough nothing will change. 

Had a similar ride from Phrae to Chiang Mai yesterday, unbelievable how many motorbikes without proper lights an without helmets on the roads.

Not to speak of the morons that need to pass you at high speed in a curvy dark ,area only to go drive very slow on the  long stretches with lights.

This will never change but it always amazes me again and again and again.